Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2017 at 6:33 AM Last edited by C.Syde65 : 19th May 2017 at 6:44 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Shopping Bag Glitch
Quote: Originally posted by C.Syde65
Does anyone know if there's a way, you can get the shopping bag glitch removed without using the following: SimPE / The Tombstone of Life and Death / http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=188501 The Teleportation Painting

to move the said Sim out of the household and back in?

For more information about what I'm talking about, see this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=408855

I can always take the other ways out, the methods I know about, but I would rather there was another way the shopping bag glitch could be removed without having to do the whole move out and move back in process.

Hoping to revive this thread since I haven't managed to fix the problem with the shopping bag glitch. I tried deleting the Sim with the moveobjects cheat and add them back to the family using the tombstone of life and death, but that attempt was unsuccessful.

I really hope that someone can tell me how to fix this problem, because it is really annoying. No one responded the first time so I'm really hoping that someone can answer this time. The original copy of the thread can be found http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=570682 here.

Edit: This saved game doesn't have University, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, or FreeTime installed. Just wanted to make that clear since my profile says that I have all the expansion packs. I do, but the saved game I'm talking about only has the three expansion packs I have not mentioned.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th May 2017 at 6:51 AM
So you have a sim holding onto a shopping bag all the time? I don't see what the telporter has to do with your glitch.

When you deleted the sim (reset) with the hand tool, did you save, go to hood view and reload the lot?

Also never ever delete sims. (permanently from the bin)

Another thing to try is age them up then back down.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th May 2017 at 6:58 AM
He only holds on to it when he walks. When he's doing other things he's not holding it. And it's only affecting the household that he's part of.

I have deleted Sims permanently from the bin in the past, but I've stopped doing that since I have SimPE and have a few mods added, one of which prevents the creations of redundant social class townies.

No I didn't save and go into neighbourhood view and reload the lot. I was thinking of clearing him off the lot, and summoning him back using the teleportation painting or shrub. I guess I should consider doing what you've suggested, or add him to another household with the tombstone of life and death, and then add him back to the original household to hopefully reset him.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th May 2017 at 7:24 AM
Perhaps he still has outstanding purchases from an OFB business. Could you summon him to an owned business and try selling an item to him so that he'll queue up and pay?

I have noticed that sometimes sims will leave an owned business without paying, but the next time they visit, they will already have a bag and once they have filled their hidden shopping need, they will queue and pay for both the unpaid item from last time and the new item from this time.

Have you deleted sims from the bin before in THIS hood? Perhaps your hood is corrupted. For example a deleted sim's unfinished purchases might have got attached to your sim but the game doesn't know which business they apply to, so there's no chance of them getting reset.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th May 2017 at 7:31 AM
Deleting sims causes instant corruption to any hood you have done that in.

If you didn't save and reload then you did not reset the sim.

I doubt summoning him back with a telporter will do anything.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th May 2017 at 8:04 AM
I've just tried adding him to another household and then adding him back to the original household. And I've just tried deleting him with the hand tool, and then saving, exiting, and reloading the household. Both attempts have done nothing. I really wish there was some way of fixing the glitch by opening his character file.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th May 2017 at 10:23 AM
Could you just write it off as a story? He really loves shopping, so much that he carts his purchases everywhere.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 19th May 2017 at 12:16 PM
Did you try my other suggestion? Age up then age down.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th May 2017 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Could you just write it off as a story? He really loves shopping, so much that he carts his purchases everywhere.

I'm afraid not. I should have an option whether or to fix it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th May 2017 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Did you try my other suggestion? Age up then age down.
Yeah I tried that.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 19th May 2017 at 1:19 PM
very unusual, glitches like pet kibble and bubbles normally disappear on a sim on aging.

I guess you checked the bat box?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 19th May 2017 at 1:43 PM
Have you tried to force an error with Testingcheats enabled? If that doesn't work, then the batbox may be the best option.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#13 Old 19th May 2017 at 2:54 PM
I'd try batbox fix stuck effects or fix walkstyle.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th May 2017 at 11:29 PM
I haven't checked the bat-box yet, no. I guess it's something I should consider.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd May 2017 at 12:57 AM
I've just tried using the bat-box but it hasn't helped. What was I supposed to try with the bat-box, since I've tried several options but none of them have worked.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 23rd May 2017 at 6:50 AM
Have you tried deleting the bag itself with moveObjectsOn? You already tried deleting the sim to reset him, I know.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd May 2017 at 10:23 AM Last edited by C.Syde65 : 23rd May 2017 at 10:40 AM.
Yes. But it keeps coming back. The closest things I can think of is the blue glow effects from drinking the Elixir of Life, the electrocution effect from a failed use of The Eclectic and Enigmatic Energiser, and the fireworks from two Sims doing WooHoo in bed. But I liked experimenting with the blue glow effects from drinking the Elixir of Life, and the electrocution effect from a failed use of The Eclectic and Enigmatic Energiser. And the fireworks from two Sims doing WooHoo in bed went away after exiting and reloading the household.

Whereas I'm not sure how I'm supposed to reverse the shopping bag glitch. I think the glitch started because I didn't know how to get the Sim to queue up to buy the stuff since my experience with the features introduced in Open for Business weren't that great at the time. In-fact they still aren't superb. I wonder if shutting down the business would help, but I don't really want to do that since it's an awkward process. The Sim that has the shopping bag glitch lives in the same house as the Sim that started the business.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 25th May 2017 at 11:48 AM
No I didn't see the update but I've been rather sick the last couple of days. Always hail @ if you want someone in particular.

Did you try stuck effects or fix walkstyle on the batbox like Nysha suggested?

If the doesn't work have you taken the sim back to the shop? I don't mean as the loaded family, rather load up the shop owner, have them go to and open the shop and see if the glitched sim goes and checks himself out.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th May 2017 at 12:49 PM
@joandsarah77 - No because I don't know what I'm supposed to do. How do I fix walkstyle using the batbox? I haven't find an obvious option saying that it'll fix a Sim's walk style.

Also the shop owner and the Sim that has the glitch reside in the same household.

If I recall correctly, he only has the glitch when playing his household. But adding him to another household and moving back doesn't stop the glitch because it seems to be stuck with him in the household that he's currently in.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 25th May 2017 at 1:07 PM
If the sim is a family member to the shop owner, how did he go and buy at his shop and acquire the bag?

Look and see if walkstyle or stuck effects show as an option on the batbox, click it. I don't know how else to explain it.
Some options only show up in debug mode but you do not want to go clicking just anything with testing cheats activated. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/User:K6k...ebugger_options

We said adding to another household would probably do nothing.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#21 Old 25th May 2017 at 2:51 PM
I don't know if it's the same issue with a different item, or completely unrelated, but in one of my 'hoods I had issues with Sims constantly carrying either a computer or a pile of books around. It happened from the very beginning, so wasn't due to anything I did (and Sims don't carry computers or more than one book around with them anyway!), and didn't affect the Sim's ability to do other tasks. It wasn't just one household, wasn't just playables, and wasn't helped by moving any affected Sims to another lot. Stuck effects didn't do anything, either, so I just ignored it as a graphics issue and it seemed to go away of its own accord in the end.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 25th May 2017 at 5:43 PM
Have you deleted sims in this hood?

You don't have to do anything to make them queue up. Once they have finished shopping they will do it automatically.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th May 2017 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Have you deleted sims in this hood?

You don't have to do anything to make them queue up. Once they have finished shopping they will do it automatically.

I have deleted Sims in the hood in the past but that's not my concern at this time. It can't be fixed, and I keep backups of my game in-case something happens, but I don't delete anymore Sims from the neighbourhood as of December 2013 when I got SimPE. I don't play this saved game that much anymore anyway, and I've done some things such as unticking the boxes of relationships with Sims that have been deleted, and cleaning up gossip and memories.

I've just rechecked and yes, that Sim doesn't have the shopping bag glitch when I add him to another household. But when I add him back to the household he came from, he has the glitch again. So it's only affecting the household that he originally came from.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 26th May 2017 at 1:23 AM
Have you run Hood Checker. Corrupted hoods will show glitches and more of them as time goes by until either the hood won't load or it disappears. Hood checker and SimPE can only mop up so much. Your hood is corrupted.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 26th May 2017 at 2:39 AM
I'm sure this bug is something that can be fixed. But I want to find out if there's anyway to fix the glitch without having to move all the members of that household out with the Tombstone of Life and Death, and then move them back into the house so it'll recognise them as a different household consisting of the same members.

If worst comes to worst, I can always recreate my saved game by reinstalling the game and keeping the old saved game as a reference until I've recreated everything in the new game but without deleting any Sims. But I'm not going to do it unless I am forced to. I'll work something out if it happens as I do have the saved game data which is completely accessible both in-game and SimPE as of right now.
Page 1 of 3