Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Removed Ghost Needs

by KlingonDragon Posted 28th Apr 2017 at 2:44 PM - Updated 13th Jul 2019 at 2:58 AM by KlingonDragon : Fixed

69 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 48 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 5:18 PM
could you do the same with Sims needs?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 5:25 PM
thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 6:17 PM
YEA!
I would like change needs for alien!

Maybe you be first? :D

Energy or Social change to Bairn (fill up use logic and alien interaction)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 6:49 PM
This looks really neat! I might have to give it a go if I ever get any playable ghosts.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 6:50 PM
thank you this is a mod that i've wanted for a while so I'm glad i finally get it
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 7:32 PM
Thank you very much for making this. I never understood why a spirit would need to have those needs.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 8:31 PM
I never understood how a ghost can eat or be dirty
Nice ! Thanks !
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 10:49 PM
Thank You
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 10:56 PM
I found a little bug while testing. I will try to get it fixed as soon as I can.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pawlq
YEA!
I would like change needs for alien!

Maybe you be first? :D

Energy or Social change to Bairn (fill up use logic and alien interaction)

I doubt I will make such a mod in the near future. Adding new needs is a little way away. I'll look into it, and get back to you.
Instructor
#12 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 1:48 AM Last edited by Manderz0630 : 29th Apr 2017 at 3:54 AM.
The needs Decay still, it doesn't remove them just hides them.
The Sim gets the buffs to the needs.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 6:02 AM
I've been wanting this for a long time! You may have removed Ghost's needs, but you sure filled one of mine.
Thanks so much, KlingonDragon
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630
The needs Decay still, it doesn't remove them just hides them.
The Sim gets the buffs to the needs.

That was the bug I mentioned. I became aware of it while the mod was being reviewed.
It appears to be the same problem vampires had when they were released.
I'm looking at ways to fix it. I've thought of two methods, but it may take some time to get it working.

Stay tuned, I will fix this ASAP.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 4th May 2017 at 4:37 AM
Is it fixed yet cause I've wanted this since ghosts were introduced in sims 3 lmfao.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th May 2017 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zeldagirl180
Is it fixed yet cause I've wanted this since ghosts were introduced in sims 3 lmfao.

I've been working on this for a little while. I've not got this working yet. Think I'll be able to get this working, but it will take quite a bit of work and may make it incompatible with other mods (due to the number of files I'll need to modify).
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th May 2017 at 6:18 AM
If theres no hunger, does that mean that cant eat or is it invisible?? (same for the other needs) because that wouldn't really make sense...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th May 2017 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kamikazewolf
If theres no hunger, does that mean that cant eat or is it invisible?? (same for the other needs) because that wouldn't really make sense...

The idea is that the needs are removed entirely (there's a bug which means this isn't working quite right). They can still eat and sleep, but they won't actually need to. Like when a sim becomes a vampire. They can still eat and sleep, but they don't need to.

Eventually I plan on adding a brand new need for ghosts, but I want to get the mod working right and finish 2 other mods first.
Test Subject
#19 Old 11th May 2017 at 6:22 AM
I think this mod got rid of all my sims needs...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th May 2017 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kasaboop
I think this mod got rid of all my sims needs...

Would you mind giving me more information?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 12th May 2017 at 7:08 PM
Is it working or has it stopped
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 13th May 2017 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xavear9
Is it working or has it stopped

The problem is with EA. They introduced code to allow needs to be removed. But the code doesn't work correctly. That's why vampires still want human food and sleep. And it's why my ghost mod and cardtaken's sorcerer mod are broken. It's unlikely that any mod which removes needs will work until EA fixes it.
I have made quite a few changes to the mod trying to fix it, and I will upload them as V2 soon. However, it takes away the needs I left for certain ghosts. So Sim's who died from hunger, for example, don't need food in V2 like they did in V1. I will ensure both versions are downloadable, but I will no longer support V1.
I plan to add a ghost power bar in V3 which will drain when ghost powers are used. Not sure how it will be refilled. I would like opinions on what colour it should be and ideas on how to refill it.

Also, for other modders who may be interested, V2 contains a global ghost trait that I created. I am using it in another of my mods (to be released soon) and I'm sure it will be useful for other modders for use in their mods.
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th May 2017 at 1:20 PM
This removed ghosts entirely for me. I couldn't summon one, but it still looks like a great mod
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 20th May 2017 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ForboPug
This removed ghosts entirely for me. I couldn't summon one, but it still looks like a great mod

I'll look into this. I have been getting reports of other problems too. I may need to go back to my old method.
Test Subject
#25 Old 21st May 2017 at 8:33 PM
you keep uploading different version 2.1, the first one i got works great i just had to manually add the trait, the second time it broke my game like the old version 2.0.1, im afraid to try this 3rd version 2.1
Page 1 of 3