Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#176 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 7:32 PM
When the Curious family were using the telescopes as a group, my first thought was, "Can multiple people get abducted at the same time?" lol

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#177 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 8:29 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 21st Oct 2017 at 9:37 PM.
@AliaD85 As far as I know only one can be Abducted at once.

@simsmaple I make a practice to pretty much always use smartmilk, but I pretty much always manage to get the toddlers taught to walk and taught to talk and potty trained. The order that I most always approach it is teach to walk and then talk and then potty train.

@Charmful like simsample wrote the Curious Family house comes with two tvs, I just left that part of the house the way it was.

I did make a lot of changes to the Curious Family House, and so here are some pictures that help show what I did and how the house looks now.

Top down view ground floor.

Top down view second floor.

I wanted to note that sometimes I make my Sims Star Gaze and sometimes they do it on their own, the same with Painting or playing a musical instrument.

I love to have my Sims abducted so I make it so there is an opportunity for that to happen.

So with all that in mind here is the Curious Family doing some more SkyGazing.

No one Abducted so far.

Since a couple of the Curious Children are going to become Teens soon, Xena adopted another Alien Child this one is a girl named Moira O'Donal.

Lisa O'Donal and Eduardo Sharpe are going to go steady.

I love how Lisa autonomously gives Eduardo a noogie.

Naturally it is time for another Birthday in the Curious Family and I usually throw a Party, and this is no exception.

First we have Scarlet Bratford having her Birthday.

Next we have Emma with her Birthday.

Xena has earlier adopted another Alien Child named Moira O'Donal and here we have her doing some painting.

Soon it is Vidcund's Time.

Some more SkyGazing, this time it is Scarlet and Emma.

Xena Adopts Another Alien, this time it is a Toddler, named Jade.

Here she is being taught to walk.

That is all for now, I will be posting more soon, most likely sometime early Monday. Well early Pacific Time.

I hope that every one is enjoying my look at the Curious Family of Strangetown.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#178 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 8:21 PM
The first time I saw an autonomous noogie, I had to laugh. It was when my teen Tanit walked outside to greet Julia, who was walking by the house at a time when Tanit wanted to make new friends. She basically introduced herself, got some pink hearts about Julia, and then gave her a noogie. Interesting way to let a girl know you like her! Julia was not impressed at the time, though she and Tanit eventually ended up as a couple.

Emma grew into a pretty girl, and I love Jade's bright hair.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#179 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 3:56 PM
@Cher64 thanks for your comments, I appreciate them. Emma being pretty is basically her having good Genetics in the game, but Jade's hair I can take credit for as I gave it to her.

I get autonomous noogies when the sim is Grouchy I think and they are fun to watch especially when between teenage lovers. Never have I done one by design. I think they are only available if a teen?

Today we start out with Scarlet playing the Guitar upstairs.

My Sims like to play music autonomously and I encourage it by buying the instruments when I can.

Jade O'Donal is being taught to Talk.

Now Jade is being Potty Trained.

Next we have a Series of Birthdays coming up in the Curious Family.

Starting with Moira O'Donal becoming a Teen.

Soon Jade O'Donal is having her Birthday and growing up to be a Child.

Next We have the Curious Girls having their Birthday and becoming Teens.

This is Mina Curious

This is Monica Curious, her twin sister.

As far as I can recall all of the Birthday Parties went well, I have figured out how to have Birthday Parties go well every time. When I started playing I didn't understand how to do them and I failed all of the time, now I like to throw them even more because I was so bad at them at first. I hope that my reasoning makes sense.

Well you know I have to have some more of my sims do some sky gazing, yes?

This is Moira O'Donal SkyGazing

Ahh here is Lazlo getting Saved from Death.

That is all for today.

I have a lot more to show you all so come back frequently and check for the next installment.

I hope that everyone is enjoying this look at the Curious Family of Strangetown.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#180 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 4:18 PM
Poor Vidcund, farewell my friend!

What lucky escapes for Laslo and Samantha. A shame that Jade was upstaged as she was ageing up, though!

I really like how you've extended the Curious lot- I never know what to do with it, although I love the original design, but it's easy to outgrow.

How many sims are in this household now? I notice that your sims adopt quite a lot- it's something I want to do more in my game.

Great pictures and I enjoyed reading @lordtyger9 ! :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#181 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Poor Vidcund, farewell my friend!

What lucky escapes for Laslo and Samantha. A shame that Jade was upstaged as she was ageing up, though!

I really like how you've extended the Curious lot- I never know what to do with it, although I love the original design, but it's easy to outgrow.

How many sims are in this household now? I notice that your sims adopt quite a lot- it's something I want to do more in my game.

Great pictures and I enjoyed reading @lordtyger9 ! :lovestruc

@simsample I don't know exactly how many Sims are in the household at the point in which I posted. Everything is already done, I am posting the results in stages mostly because I have so very many pictures. I am going to try to come up with a number thoough so I am going to say 9 or 10. Plus some pets as well, I think about 3 or 4 cats at this point in time.

I use BO's - Unlimited Sims, it works really well I think.

I do know that I decided to have my Human Looking Servo Xena adopt a fairly large number of Alien Toddlers, Children and Teens. I decided to have her Adopt them in stages as to me that made sense in playing it being easier to manage and in a story line sense it made sense too.

Basically Xena discovers a number of Orphan Alien Children and then decides to Adopt them is the basic story line concept.

This is the first household where I have really went and adopted a lot. I did Adopt 2 Teens of the O'Donal's clan back in the Davis household I think, that was Xena too though. Xena used to live with Chloe (Curious) Davis. Heh see the connection? I come up with connections in my game in a sort of inspired kinda of way, in that I frequently decide to do something based on a whim...but there is some sort connection that I don't always see at first, I just feel like it is a good idea to do a certain thing.

Anyway I decided that I wanted to add some new Aliens and I wanted to have them enter the world by being Adopted by a Female Bot that was activated by Chloe and Lola Curious, and I also decided that I wanted to have Xena move to the Curious House because it was next in my Rotation.

To me Adoption is something that a Servo might want to do, or a same gendered couple might do, and so I thought it would be a good story line for a Female Bot that I had created named Xena. I have another Female Bot named Souxie that I have similar plans for in the future. I don't have very many same gendered couples, just one of two females at the moment and they might just get pregnant in some way.

I think Adoption works great if you have a Story Line reason for a particular sim to be doing it. Also you can have your Adopting Sim adopt a Sim that is Different in some way or another.

As for making better use of the Curious Lot, I decided to do the CFE cheat and flatten everything. I then made the bottom floor a little bit larger, but not all that much. Mostly I just added a second floor, I think most of the Maxis Houses benefit greatly by having a second floor or more added to them. Some of the designs won't take a second floor very well, but a lot of them did. heh it is something I do a lot.

One of the things I am going to try to do is take pictures of the building that the family I am posting about and then include them.
It is part of I am giving people a look at my Sim Family X, kind of thing as it were. I hope that people find it interesting.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#182 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 3:22 PM
This is the next part of the Look at the Curious Family of Strangetown.

Today we begin with more SkyGazing, this time by Mina Curious.

No she did not get Abducted, maybe Monica?

Here is Monica Curious Sky Gazing.

Monica did not get Abducted either, oh well maybe another time?

The Curious Family Sims do like Skilling pretty well.

Mina is spending some time Playing Guitar.

Jade is Painting a Custom Painting.

Since the Curious Family Toddlers have grown to be Children and Teens, Xena decides that this is time to Adopt another Alien Toddler. So she Adopts Heather O'Donal.

This is Heather being Taught to Walk by Lazlo.

Lazlo likes Children, and so here he is Potty Training Heather.

Mina Curious is working on her Body Skill, I wonder who she is punching?

I think She is just working out in case some bully tries something.

Now Xena is Teaching Heather to Talk. BTW, I have always thought it was funny the way Servos talk in the game.

Now it is time for Jade O'Donal to become a Teen.

OK that is all for Today.

I want to note that all of the Teens are going to University and they leave as soon as I can get their skills up so that they get Scholarships, therefore the Teens that were in the household some time back are no longer here.

I always send all of my Teens to University in Every Household BTW.

I hope that everyone is enjoying the Look at the The Curious Family of Strangetown.

Expect more soon, most likely tomorrow.

Field Researcher
#183 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 1:52 AM
Monica looked a little aggravated right before she grew up.

Aw, someone is very happy to have Lazlo back. I like that picture a lot.

I've noticed Xena loves to adopt. It's nice that she wants to provide a loving home for all those alien orphans.

I like having instruments for my Sims, too. It's something they like to play with, and they gain a skill while having fun instead of just wasting time.

I'm enjoying your look at the Curious family, and I'm especially drawn to Jade. Possibly it's that fabulous hair.
Link Ninja
#184 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 1:42 AM
Do you have rules then before teens can enter uni? Do they have to have all their skills up to an 8 for special scholarships or just a specific one before they can go?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#185 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Do you have rules then before teens can enter uni? Do they have to have all their skills up to an 8 for special scholarships or just a specific one before they can go?

The rules vary, it depends on what the Teens LTW is, and the LTW depends on interests and their Apspiration and somewhat on my feelings about the Sim. Basically I try to make sure that the Teen wins a scholarship for the characteristics that they are going to need to have for their LTW. For example for Celebrity Chef they have to have cooking and creativity and I have them do charisma and logic all to level 8 or higher. For Athletics they have to have body, charisma, logic and creativity. Future Mayors have to have charisma, logic and creativity. Also I have the NewLTWEnabled, from Squinge, so I get LTW of becoming a Cult Leader and I make those Sims work harder before they go to Uni. Other Life Time Wants kind of the same idea.

So I do make the Teens have at least 3 skills up to 8, but what skills depends on their LTW. I do plan on some kind of Careeer for every Sim, if they have a LTW of 100 000 for example, I pick out a Custom Career and I write it down so that they have to have the kind of skills that are needed and then I pick the appropiate Major for them at University. I love to play with Custom Careers, so I do consider them when planning.

To me it is more fun when I do all of this.

Do you play with any Custom Careers? I forget if you told me before.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#186 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 11:52 AM
I really like the story behind the servo adopting! I have a same sex couple and one is family aspiration, so maybe I'll have chance to try out adoption soon.

Haha, I love that Heather said 'teddy' and 'high chair' but refused to say 'mummy'!

Your parties always go well- although it looks like every day in that house is a party, as there are so many people! :lovestruc

My sims are nowhere near as disciplined as yours, of course if any of the babies I have now grow up wanting to go to Uni, I'll have to make one first!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#187 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 2:36 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 26th Oct 2017 at 3:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I really like the story behind the servo adopting! I have a same sex couple and one is family aspiration, so maybe I'll have chance to try out adoption soon.

Haha, I love that Heather said 'teddy' and 'high chair' but refused to say 'mummy'!

Your parties always go well- although it looks like every day in that house is a party, as there are so many people! :lovestruc

My sims are nowhere near as disciplined as yours, of course if any of the babies I have now grow up wanting to go to Uni, I'll have to make one first!

@simsample I am glad that you like my Story Line behind Xena Adopting the Alien Orphans. The idea just came to me one day after I read about someone creating Sims in CAS to put in the Adoption Pool.

BTW the Company that changes the Servo looks calls their version of Human Looking Servos, "Bots™" and they have Trade Marked it. {I need to come up with something cool for the name of that Company now, do you have any ideas?}

I don't really play using Story Lines for the most part, the other one that I am using is that the Aliens are deliberately making a point to marry into important Families when possible and the Aliens group them selves into Clans like the old Gaels and Cymru {Irish/Scots and Welsh}, the Aliens are Friendly and they intend on conquering like how the Normans conquered the Cymru {Welsh}, by intermarrying. Does all that make sense?

A lot of the Discipline that my Sims show is me making them do it. When it comes to playing what the sim is going to do in general I look at the wants and I try to fulfill them. However I make them do their homework and I make them do things to increase skills, and I change their LTW as I think it is appropriate, while I do look at their interests, it still comes down to me deciding.

I do try to provide a lot of Skilling Objects like Musical Instruments, Pianos, Guitar, Painting Easel etc. for children and older and I always provide plenty of objects that increase skills for the toddlers, so some of it is autonomous.

I sometimes change their Aspiration depending on matches with other sims and what I am playing at a certain point. When I match my Sims up I always make sure that it is a 3 bolt relationship and then I manage the initial social actions.

All of my Sims are required to work on their skills and all of them go to Uni if they are not too old already, and when I started I made the Singles girls younger in order for them to go to Uni.

Heh that I micromanage would be the biggest reason that I don't use ACR, I have a no jealousy Mod and my Sims do have a lot of Romance going on, but I do micromanage it instead of just letting them do what ever.

I do a lot of micromanaging I guess, I just don't have a very specific story line when I am playing for the most part, so maybe it is not obvious.

Time for more on the Curious Family of Strangetown.

The Curious Family is having yet another Birthday Party. In this case it is for Heather O'Donal.
Besides I like doing Birthday Parties and they really are not difficult if done right. Also it makes my Popularity Sims really Happy.

Because I like to make my Sims Happy and Ellen is a Romance Sim so she wanted to woohoo in the Hot Tub, so I had her do it with her main love...Delwyn.

The Next thing you know Xena is figuring that there is room in the house and that the Family has time for another Alien Toddler, so she adopts Aonghus O'Donal.

Of course now that there is a new Toddler, someone needs to start teaching them to Walk.

Of course Aonghus needs to get Potty Trained.

These two Pics are a Couple of funny Glitches that occurred while Jade was helping to Potty Train.

Jade Teaches Aonghus to Talk, she loves her brother and it shows.

Sometimes a Sim will die before their time, not due to old age.

However sometimes another Sim will convince Death to not take that Sim, and here is Xena Saving Jade from Death.

Eventually the Grim Reaper comes for those Sims who are due to pass from Old Age and this time it is for Lazlo. Lazlo had a great and happy Life, leaving behind a wife and two daughters.

On the other hand sometimes a Sim might need to be Saved from Death again and it is Xena to the rescue again!

OK this is it for today, I will post more soon and I expect that I will be posting more tomorrow. Check back soon for more.

I hope that everyone is enjoying the Curious Family of Strangetown.

Field Researcher
#188 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 7:46 PM
Heather is really cute and looks happy with her party.

Xena's house is busy busy busy! She really thrives on it, though, and seems quite happy.

I'm so glad Jade was saved from a premature death.

Bye bye, Lazlo.
Link Ninja
#189 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9

Do you play with any Custom Careers? I forget if you told me before.

No, careers and foods are the areas I haven't added mods into yet in my years of playing. I'm still satisfied with the variety of jobs that came with the game EPs. It took me while to get all of them, over a span of years so I am not burned out on them yet or find them too monotonous.

You play your college requirements a bit more specific than I do in the way they need to skill for the careers in their lifetime aspirations. In general, all my sims are required is 2 skill points in every skill in order to go to Sims State Uni because I may have them decide to change aspirations junior year when it gives the option. Some people IRL have a change of goals in that time of life, switch majors and what not and it can make for a good story if it happens too.

So through your posts, it seems like you do a lot of grinding i.e. sim daily life grind where they are taught skills as toddlers, focus on skilling, and then have birthday parties but do your sims ever go to community lots or take an evening after work and play darts, shoot hoops or other recreational activities off the home lot? You mentioned you had businesses, do you play those often. If the theme wins out to be 'show us your businesses' I would like to see more of how and what you do with that aspect

Do you also have single sim families? So far you have gone through big families but I am wondering how you would play a sim by themselves.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#190 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 9:42 PM
No, careers and foods are the areas I haven't added mods into yet in my years of playing. I'm still satisfied with the variety of jobs that came with the game EPs. It took me while to get all of them, over a span of years so I am not burned out on them yet or find them too monotonous.

You play your college requirements a bit more specific than I do in the way they need to skill for the careers in their lifetime aspirations. In general, all my sims are required is 2 skill points in every skill in order to go to Sims State Uni because I may have them decide to change aspirations junior year when it gives the option. Some people IRL have a change of goals in that time of life, switch majors and what not and it can make for a good story if it happens too.

So through your posts, it seems like you do a lot of grinding i.e. sim daily life grind where they are taught skills as toddlers, focus on skilling, and then have birthday parties but do your sims ever go to community lots or take an evening after work and play darts, shoot hoops or other recreational activities off the home lot? You mentioned you had businesses, do you play those often. If the theme wins out to be 'show us your businesses' I would like to see more of how and what you do with that aspect

Do you also have single sim families? So far you have gone through big families but I am wondering how you would play a sim by themselves.

@Charmful Good questions:

First I do have my Sims go to community lots, I have them go on Outings and Dates both, when they are asked and they are asked, and I have them do the asking. I just don't often post pictures of them I guess. I did do a set earlier in the Curious posts when Ellen goes on a Date to the Downtown Club Free and I am going to post one in which the teens go out to the Downtown Club Free with each other.

Every so often I have a Sim or a goup of Sims go to my Downtown Club Free casually with out being on a date or an outing as well.
I don't often go to any other community lot except for Bowling, Roller Skating and Ice Skating, I hardly go to the resturants or the Pet Parks at all. I do send my Sims shopping at one of the Toy Shoppes for Custom toys or one of the Flower Shoppes for Custom Flowers and I have them go to the General Store in Bluewater Village.

Also I do have Romance Sims and others looking for the same thing go to my Community Swingers Club, good way to do the Woohoo with 20 Sims Goal.

I do have Darts at my custom Community Club Free and sometimes my Sims will play them, I don't have hoops in my game though.

I will try to make a point in taking pictures of these occasions more often in the future.

Next question:
I always play the Businesses that are owned by one of my Sims when that Sim's Lot comes up in my Rotation. The thing is I have 82 Households at the moment and it takes me time to get to the Sims that own businesses. I love reaching the Own 5 Businesses at level 10 LTW and I love running different types of Businesses. Some types are easy and some are hard, but I have ran every type that I can think of. I play the businesses after I have reached the LTW for them as I love playing them.

Some of my Sims that own 5 Businesses are Malcolm Landgraab IV, Chloë (Curious) Davis, Dionicia Delarosa {daughter of Florence Delarosa and Rhys FitzHugh} and Bella Goth. I have several others as well.

I do hope that the theme will be "show me your Businesses", I have a lot and I think some of them might be unique even. I voted for this one btw.

I intend to show everyone my Sim's Businesss, once I get to those households. However If the theme is "show me your Businesses" then I will change my Rotation List a little and go to several of my Favourite ones and show everyone what businesses they have right away. My Rotation List is not set in stone and I only have one so that I don't accidentally neglect to play some households for whatever reason. So doing a houshold out of order would be OK with me.

Last Question: Do I have any Single Sim Families? No, none at all.

Smallest households that I have are two Sim households and not very many of those. Most of the time I have 4-6 adult sims, sometimes even more, plus children and pets.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#191 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 5:40 AM
Not Genetic of course, but that doesn't make any difference to me. I just wanted to have Sims that have one Alien Eye and One Human Eye and too be able to mix and match is great. Yay!

I can also have Sims that have mismatched Human Eyes and I am going to make some of them too.

I wanted to share what I found out as maybe there might be some others that want to do the same thing.

I am using Redsimmies Default Replacement Eyes. , and I used the Contacts version of AlienEyesUnlocked, plus HP's Mismatched Eyes, and Different Colored Eyes by GeneralZoi all together works great.

This is Riordan Kim and how he looked before I changed him.

This is how Riordan Kim looks now after the doing the Mismatched Eye thing with him.

More on the Curious Family soon, most likely tomorrow.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#192 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 6:36 PM
This is some more on the Curious Family of Strangetown.

Xena Adopts her Final Alien Orphan, a Toddler boy, and names him Cadwallader.

Of course the first thing to do is to teach the toddler to Walk.

Next Cadwallader is Potty Trained.

Oh Hey It is Time for Yet Another Birthday Party Yay!

This is Aonghus O'Donal's Birthday Party

Next we are back to teaching toddlers with Jade O'Donal Teaching Cadwallader to Talk.

Heather O'Donal is doing some painting, while a Ghost is floating around.

Time for another Birthday, this time it is for Cadwallader O'Donal as he becomes a child.

Wu Tang, a foriengn student student moves in to the Curious Household, since he intends on Attending Uni soon. He has connections with someone Important.

Jade O'Donal is doing a little Sky Gazing with Wu Tang.

Jade goes Clubbing at Club Free where she meets and becomes friends with Miranda Capp.

Time for another Birthday, this time it is for Heather O'Donal.

Heather promptly Asks Wu Tang to Go Steady, she had been waiting until she grew up to ask him.

This is it for this time, I hope that everyone is enjoying so far.

I plan on finishing with this look at the Curious Family of Strangetown next time I post, so check back soon.

Space Pony
#193 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 3:26 AM
i never played Strangetown

Great pics and story

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#194 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kukamuukaanmuka
i never played Strangetown

Great pics and story

I love Strangetown, because it has Premade Aliens in it. That is why I picked it to play in the first place.

OK this is going to be the last part of my look at The Curious Family of Strangetown. Of course I will return to them eventulally, but it will be a long time as I have a large rotation list of over 80 families.

We start off by having our last two birthdays for this rotation.

This is Aonghus O'Donal's Birthday, it goes well like most all of the birthday parties I throw.

Fairly soon after Aonghus' birthday, we have the last one of this set. Now it is Cadwallader O'Donal's turn to have a Birthday.

This is one of my favourite parts, it is where I show everyone what the Teens of the Family look like before they are sent off to Uni and it is in this section that I list what their LTWs are and I list their stats.

Oldest First, these are the Alien Kids that Xena Adopted as Teens, Lisa and Llewellyn.

Lisa O'Donal She is a Pices and a Popularity Sim, her Lifetime Want is to become a General in the Military Career.
Stats:
Neat 3
Outgoing 8
Active 7
Playful 2
Nice 7

Llewellyn O'Donal He is a Gemini and a Popularity Sim, his Lifetime Want is to become the Mayor in the Politics Career.
Stats:
Neat 3
Outgoing 9
Active 8
Playful 2
Nice 3

This is Rhys Curious as a Teen, he was Adopted by Vidcund.

Rhys Curious is a Pices and Popularity Sim. His LTW is to become a Media Magnet in the Journalism Career
Stats:
Neat 6
Outgoing 9
Active 7
Playful 3
Nice 8

These are the Bratford twins, Scarlet and Emma

Emma Bratford, She is a Gemini and a Popularity Sim, her LTW is to become an Icon in the Show Business Career.
Stats:
Neat 5
Outgoing 10
Active 9
Playful 8
Nice 1

Scarlet Bratford, She is a Sagittarius, her LTW is to become a Cult Leader in the Paranormal Career.
Stats:
Neat 2
Outgoing 8
Active 9
Playful 8
Nice 10

This is Moira O'Donal, she was Adopted by Xena as a Child.

Moira O'Donal, she is a Gemini and a Popularity Sim. Her LTW is to become a Celebrity Chef in the Culinary Career.
Stats:
Neat 3
Outgoing 8
Active 9
Playful 2
Nice 5

Mina Curious one of the Twin daughters of Lazlo and and Samantha Curious.

Mina Curious, She is a Libra and a Romance Sim, her LTW is to be a Hall of Famer in the Athletic Career, she is Sports Mad even if she is lazy.
Stats:
Neat 0
Outgoing 9
Active 2
Playful 7
Nice 10

Monica Curious one of the Twin daughters of Lazlo and and Samantha Curious.

Monica Curious, She is a Libra and a Romance Sim, her LTW is to be a Celebrity Chef in the Culinary Career.
Stats:
Neat 0
Outgoing 9
Active 2
Playful 9
Nice 5

This is Jade O'Donal as a Child, she was Adopted as a Toddler, but I don't have any Toddler Pictures.

This is Jade O'Donal as a Teen.

Jade O'Donal, she is a Leo and a Poularity Sim. Her LTW is to become a Cult Leader in the Paranormal Career.
Stats:
Neat 4
Outgoing 10
Active 4
Playful 4
Nice 3

This is Heather O'Donal she was Adopted as a Toddler.

Heather O'Donal, she is a Gemini and a Poularity Sim. Her LTW is to become the Mayor in the Politics Career.
Stats:
Neat 4
Outgoing 7
Active 8
Playful 3
Nice 3

This is Wu Tang, he moved in to the Curious House as a Guest Foreign Student.

Wu Tang, he is a Pices and a Poularity Sim. His LTW is to Earn 100 000 and he is future career is in the Mafia {Tongs}. He is going Steady and planning to be Engaged with Heather O'Donal at Uni. He is from the Far East...Created in CAS along with his father, aunt, and grand parents. Father is going to be matched up with Jade O'Donal at Uni and his Aunt is going to be matched up with Llewellyn O'Donal at Uni. I plan to move the Tang Grand Parents in with one of their Family.
Stats:
Neat 6
Outgoing 8
Active 7
Playful 6
Nice 7

This is Aonghus O'Donal, he was Adopted as a Toddler.

Aonghus O'Donal, he is an Aries and a Popularity Sim. His LTW is to become The Law in The Law Career.
Stats:
Neat 6
Outgoing 7
Active 7
Playful 3
Nice 2

This is Cadwallader O'Donal, he was Adopted by Xena as a Toddler and he is the last one of the Alien Kids.

Cadwallader O'Donal, he is a Leo and a Popularity Sim. His LTW is to become a Rock God in the Music Career.
Stats:
Neat 6
Outgoing 10
Active 6
Playful 2
Nice 5

OK, this is end of this look at the Curious Family of Stangetown.

I hope that you all enjoyed the look at how I am playing and this look at the Curious Family of Strangetown.

It will be a little while before I get the next major posting organized, so not sure about my posting schedule right now.

Just check every so often, I will try to post something small sometime in the next few days.

Field Researcher
#195 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 2:45 AM
Uh oh. Looks like Aonghus partied a little too much and got sick. I hope someone was able to make him some of Grandma's Soup and help him get better.

I enjoyed seeing all the teens before they go off to Uni. One of my favorite parts of playing is when a sim grows into the next life stage and I can see how they've changed, and how they haven't changed.
Scholar
#196 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 6:56 PM
Hehe, here I am :D
Hey, you got lots of great pictures lately, some of them do look like a movie!!
My fave one is the abduction in page 7 (sorry, I don't remember the young guy's name), might be because abduction are always hilarious imho ^-^

Your Curious family is quite large already!! I mean, it's already Pascal's great-grandchildren! :o
Awesome.
Link Ninja
#197 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 11:30 PM
Please tell me Wu Tang will be head of the mafia and be called the Wu Tang Clan.
I like Healther's purple lipstick a lot.
It was cool to see some of their time at the Club, elecro-dance spheres are so fun to watch, especially if a sim has high body points and they do some amazing maneuvers up in there.

Also I do have Romance Sims and others looking for the same thing go to my Community Swingers Club, good way to do the Woohoo with 20 Sims Goal.

Will we see that anytime soon? Some pick ups!?

Next question:
I always play the Businesses that are owned by one of my Sims when that Sim's Lot comes up in my Rotation. The thing is I have 82 Households at the moment and it takes me time to get to the Sims that own businesses. I love reaching the Own 5 Businesses at level 10 LTW and I love running different types of Businesses. Some types are easy and some are hard, but I have ran every type that I can think of. I play the businesses after I have reached the LTW for them as I love playing them. I do hope that the theme will be "show me your Businesses", I have a lot and I think some of them might be unique even. I voted for this one btw.

I have yet to have a sim own multiple businesses much less get to a 10 star one. So you must have a good knack for it. I hope the theme turns out to be show off your businesses too because I'd like to see more of that from your hood and learn your secrets!

My Rotation List is not set in stone and I only have one so that I don't accidentally neglect to play some households for whatever reason. So doing a houshold out of order would be OK with me.

I don't have strict rotations either. How many days do you usually play your households, I notice there's a lot of Curious household posts in the past week or so - have you been playing them for all this time or played them for a day and then spend a few days afterward writing and posting about it?

Last Question: Do I have any Single Sim Families? No, none at all.
Smallest households that I have are two Sim households and not very many of those. Most of the time I have 4-6 adult sims, sometimes even more, plus children and pets.

Is that because you don't like playing single sims or is it just that you end up moving them along to find other sims to live with/marry and have big families? What is your thought process behind having no single sims households?

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#198 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 8:16 AM
Please tell me Wu Tang will be head of the mafia and be called the Wu Tang Clan.
I like Healther's purple lipstick a lot.
It was cool to see some of their time at the Club, elecro-dance spheres are so fun to watch, especially if a sim has high body points and they do some amazing maneuvers up in there.

Will we see that anytime soon? Some pick ups!?

I have yet to have a sim own multiple businesses much less get to a 10 star one. So you must have a good knack for it. I hope the theme turns out to be show off your businesses too because I'd like to see more of that from your hood and learn your secrets!

I don't have strict rotations either. How many days do you usually play your households, I notice there's a lot of Curious household posts in the past week or so - have you been playing them for all this time or played them for a day and then spend a few days afterward writing and posting about it?

Is that because you don't like playing single sims or is it just that you end up moving them along to find other sims to live with/marry and have big families? What is your thought process behind having no single sims households?

Oh I certainly intend for Wu to be head of the Mafia, I was thinking of Making him a O'Donal, but I can certainly have him be a Tang and start his own Tang Clan....I think that sounds pretty cool in fact There is a custom career named the Mafia btw, I like it a lot.

I will do some posts on my Sims Businesses even if it doesn't become the theme, I like businesses and OFB is one of my Favourite EPs. I will have to a bit careful to make the LizzLove's water beds of love's settings to not be naked when I do that business. I also have a Strip club that I will have to be a bit careful when doing that one. Another of my new favourites is the Casino I recently made. I have a number of different kinds and I will try to do something on all of them.

When it comes to the Social/ Swing Club, it is really easy to hook up as I use LizzLove's water beds of love and when using one of them Sims don't care about how well they know the other. I do set them to pay attention if they are family, but that is optional.

My rotations end when I send the Teens of the family off to Uni or until several of the Sims has passed and I need to move someone else in or something like that. Basically the Rotation Ends when I reach a Goal.

With the Curious Family and most of my others I played several hours per day for several days until I reached my Goal of Sending all of the children off to Uni once they had become Teens, taking a lot of pictures in .png format each day and sorting them all out in different folders. Then I play Uni or another family, in this case I went to Uni and started playing several different Greek Houses.

Mean while I convert all of the .png into .jpg in a batch and then I go through and crop out parts of the pictures or remove others usually because someone was naked {I use a no censor mod}, and I also do a bit of resizing sometimes. I make sure that everything is organized in folders in chronological order except for the Family Pictures of the Teens as I do them last. Then I do my posts in parts and while I am doing that I am playing Sims in Uni.

When I am playing Uni I play for several days and then when I have managed to get several sims graduated I go to the next Family in my Rotation list. I have a bit over 80 in my Rotation list at the moment.

I like playing for an inderterminate period of time, so that is why I play until I reach a goal each time I play, kind of a Zen thing. I think it usually works out to about a week or two weeks of real time and I play most everyday for 4 or 5 hours. If I get to the point where I want to switch to a different household and I still have a baby or toddler in the house, sometimes I still will switch to a different household...just not usually.

I don't have any single sim households for a couple of reasons I suppose. The main one is that I just never thought of playing just one sim, I like to have my Sims in a family frequently large. I don't think I would like playing a single Sim household, just guessing as I have never tried. The first thing I did with {the single sim living alone} AJ Loner in Strangetown is move him in with Kirsten Singles Loste and have them get married. Btw, I had that couple live with another couple, but I don't recall who. The first time I played the Sims 2 I forget what I did with AJ Loner, but I know that I had him marry someone. I don't like living alone in real life even though I have and that is most likely for the reason of me playing the way I do. Oddly enough I am only child and I have never lived in a large family though. So it is not always the way it is in real life or anything like that.

Yeah I love how Purple Lipstick looks against green skin, I used to use kind of a dark red as I think that looks good too, but purple is better I think.

I do hope that the Business theme is what we go with.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#199 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 1:40 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 6th Nov 2017 at 9:27 AM.
We are going with the Theme of: Show your Businesses Yay!

I am working on the theme, meanwhile I thought I would post some small updates that have been setting on my computer for a while now.

So today it is Cian Delarosa, he is one of my FitzHugh Clan and he is getting Engaged and then he is getting Married a bit later.

If I recall correctly He gets Engaged to a Townie Girl while he is still at Uni. I know that it is a Townie, that is for sure. Her first Name is Nicole, I don’t recall what it was before she was married.

Later after he moves into a house in Strangetown with some friends of his...the MacLanes, here he is getting Married.

Naturally you all will see more of Cian Delarosa once I get to the MacLane Household in Strangetown in my Rotation List

Field Researcher
#200 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 8:20 PM
He sure married a pretty Townie. I do look forward to seeing more of Clan Delarosa.

Page 8 of 14