Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 5:39 AM Last edited by RylandHomes : 12th Jul 2017 at 6:17 PM. Reason: Adding Details
Quote: Originally posted by Nilxis
@RylandHomes, great job with the horses! Now I think the fur works really well with the landscape, I like the fact that the base has a brown natural colour, but then you have the blue speckles that make it semi-fantastic, I think it wouldn't look bad if the speckles were even bluer and stood out more.

...we don't have to stick to only one type of horse or dog, we can create differents species

I didn't want to edit the horse too much, but I did make the blue speckles stand out more, and brightened them up a bit.
You'll notice I've made 2 new creatures. I don't know if they're a little too crazy looking, but I wanted to create larger animals to mimic animals like cows and the giraffe. So i have a larger, stubby, cow-like creature, who for now is named MooMoo
MooMoo has a similar coat to the horse, except the blue splotching is more prominent.
My second new creature is my attempt at a giraffe-like creature. Definitely taller than the horse, with the upright, elongated neck, and long legs. Of coarse the three animals are all actually horses, so, they can all be domesticated, saddled, and trained. I'm calling them, Nortari for now. If there is anything that you guys think should be different about them, or if they're any good at all. I just haven't been able to find a slider for the horse's back length, that would be perfect. Let me know what you think!
Horse
Species: Equine
Traits: Fast, Genius, Obedient

MooMoo
Mimic: Cow-like
Traits: Obedient, Lazy, Genius

Nortari
Mimic: Giraffe-like
Traits: Hates Jumping, Friendly, Noisy

Enjoy the in-game pictures! Help me think of what they'll be called, and let me know what you think!

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 2:21 AM
To be honest though, I don't like the pink blush neither on the female horse or on the dog... I think it doesn't really go with the Uranesian nature palette, I would use green instead or even a different shade of blue.

Quote: Originally posted by RylandHomes
Got it, I was iffy about the pink being too much color. I'll come back with a few different fur patterns for the dog. What did you think about his body and shape?

So I've gone ahead and redone the fur of the Uranesian Hound Dog three different ways. Let me know what you think about the new coats. Anything about their shape need to be different?

I've also created 2 new canine creatures, went for certain looks, then they became something else. The first I will show, I was going for a kind of koala/rabbit creature. Let me know what you think, I'd like to create a few different coats for these creatures like I have done with the Hound Dog. My cheesy name for these guys is Muko Koama.

The second new creature I'll show you in this post is just really unique. I started with a teddy bear in mind, which turned into some kind of lemur looking thing. Real cute, I like him. I give you, the Alomoa. Let me know what you think.

I've also started my first Uranesian cat. This cat is larger, almost as big as a large dog, but not quite, and is a bit bigger than a small dog. I call it the Uranesian Domesticated Wild Cat.

Field Researcher
#53 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 7:08 PM
Aulani Family

My "To-Do's"
1. Add tattoo's and accessories to Aulani family members.
2. Write Aulani family story
3. Finish CASting Aulani family members wardrobes

I have more in-game photos for you guys of the family I've been working on. They all have names now, and complete wardrobes that I will post pictures of later. I hope you enjoy!

As always, all the feedback is appreciated!

Field Researcher
#54 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuruFuruu
Clothing:
Draped Top by BEO (YAF, AF)
Gothell Pants by Senate (YAF, AF)
*Boho Skirt with Croco Bikini by Santos Fashion (YAF, AF)
ITF Male shirt/vest conversion (CM-EM) by EA (Personal WIP I will provide a download)
*ITF Male shirt/tank conversion (CM-EM) by EA (Personal WIP I will provide a download)
*ITF Male dress shirt/tank conversion (CM-EM) by EA (Personal WIP I will provide a download)
ITF Female Shorts conversion (CF-EF) by EA (Personal WIP I will provide a download)
Africa Inspiration- Urban Loin Skort by EA[I] (Store Item) (YAM, AM) (Conversion (CM-EM) Personal WIP I will provide a download)
Goddess Contemporary Capri by EA (Store Item) by EA (YAF, AF) (Conversion (CF-EF) Personal WIP I will provide a download)
Traditional Chiridars by EA (Store Item) (YAM, AM) (Conversion (CF-EF) (CM-EM) Personal WIP I will provide a download)
*Modern Evening Sari by EA (Store Item) (YAF, AF)(Conversion (CF-EF) (CM-EM) Personal WIP I will provide a download)
*Laurel Beatnik by EA (Store Item) (YAM, AM) (Conversion (CM-EM) Personal WIP I will provide a download)

@FuruFuruu How are the conversions going?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#55 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 8:47 PM
@RylandHomes, You've done an amazing job with the edits to the Aulani family, they've really got the looks now, I love it
The only thing that I see now that I don't really like, after seeing @Bordew5's sims and their colorful clothes again, is the overall grey-white colorless look of the clothes. I know we said that dyeing clothes is not easy and it wouldn't be 100% realistic that they wore very colorful clothes... but after all the world has a considerable touch of fantasy and real ancient civilisations had colorful clothes as well. The white-grey reminds me too much of sci-fi futuristic clothes, I would personally go for a colorful clothing style, with some whites, greys, blacks and browns too, but mainly colorful Like the clothes you can see hanging all around the world more or less.

About your pets, great job too!
I think MooMoo's neck and the overall shape of Muko Koama's head and neck are a bit too strecthed, the shape doesn't look very "natural".
I do like the Uranesian Hound Dog though! I must admit I'm not a fan of the second fur pattern/colour, but I really like the other two
I also like the Horse, the Nortari and the Domesticated Wild Cat.

And then there's the Alomoa, Wow, I absolutely love it!!!
THIS is exactly what I'm looking for: unique and original animals for the world. It fits so well, amazing job, I want it in, without a doubt

Quote:
The only aesthetic thing I noticed is, when indoors, the torch lighting creates a blonde effect on the white hair. Which isn't awful considering that's what white hair would look like in torch lighting.

True, but all the other white things look yellow, same as with the sunset, when they turn pinkish, it's just a light effect

Good to know the world runs smooth, I hope the final version will still run okay.

Thanks again for your dedication and help

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 9:41 PM
Default Love them
Quote: Originally posted by Bordew5
Guess I may as well post these here too!
From left to right a warrior / guard / hunter, a medicine woman for the royal family, and a princess / queen.

And the male Sims; shaman / medicine man, and warrior / guard / athlete.

Well done and in keeping with the theme. Yay!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 10:05 PM
Default Nice!
[QUOTE=RylandHomes]I didn't want to edit the horse too much, but I did make the blue speckles stand out more, and brightened them up a bit.
You'll notice I've made 2 new creatures. I don't know if they're a little too crazy looking, but I wanted to create larger animals to mimic animals like cows and the giraffe. So i have a larger, stubby, cow-like creature, who for now is named MooMoo
MooMoo has a similar coat to the horse, except the blue splotching is more prominent.
My second new creature is my attempt at a giraffe-like creature. Definitely taller than the horse, with the upright, elongated neck, and long legs. Of coarse the three animals are all actually horses, so, they can all be domesticated, saddled, and trained. I'm calling them, Nortari for now. If there is anything that you guys think should be different about them, or if they're any good at all. I just haven't been able to find a slider for the horse's back length, that would be perfect. Let me know what you think!
Horse
Traits: Fast, Genius, Obedient
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definitely have that unusual look from a place far, far away. Well done. Did you use any Pet sliders to accomplish this? Is it okay to use sliders?
Test Subject
#58 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 1:08 AM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 23rd Jul 2017 at 1:22 AM.
Sorry for the very tardy reply guys.

@Nilxis
Sure! I will create a guide for this challenge where everything will be explained.

Awesomesauce!

Beautiful horses by the way!
I really like the fur pattern, maybe a bit of contrast between the colours would look nice, but it's a good start!
One question, how did they get in the water? Is that a glitch or they actually can wade into it?

Thank you! Yeah my horses... I can admit when I'm bad at something lmao.
As far as the water is concerned, they just spawned there when I loaded the lot. I totally didn't know that was a thing until I tried to get them out of the water and they pulled a Jesus and proceeded to walk on top of it #blessed.

Oh! And thank you btw for the direction on the Uranesian priestess/priest garb and Kaligara's skirt! I forgot to thank you for that before !

@RylandHomes
Your horses are amazing! As humbling as is it to work in CAP you did fantastic! I love their dark fur and face markings. Their face shape is great too, once you play around with some of the sliders, you'll have some pretty perfect beasts there

Daw thanks for the vote of confidence though I doubt sliders will help me very much haha!

Your Creations:
Woow I love Moomoo :lovestruc (that name). It is seriously super freaky and interesting! Very creative. Nortari and Alomoa scare me though, I'm not going to lie. Still, they are very unique and look like nothing I've seen (that's a good thing). My favorites though are the Uranesian hound dog #1 (maybe instead of blue accents brown or another a shade of purple?) and Muko Koama. Awesome job!

@FuruFuruu How are the conversions going?

Non-existent, sorry. Those are on the backburner until I’m done with skin making. I’d upload the original files but they are not decrappified so they’d be unusable. But if you want something now, or if you or someone else would like to help in this endeavor, I can post some temporary links to whatever conversions I can find from other CC creators for the time being?

URANESIAN FAUNA
I reached out to cyberzombieprincess and asked her to help us with some creature concepts. Despite being very busy, she drew something, because she's effing great obviously. Since I was posting anyway and she hasn’t had much time to post lately, I asked if I could post her sketch and she said that I could! Here is her beautiful creature!

Thank you again so much for doing this cyberzombieprincess :lovestruc!!!

I also tried to recreate cyberzombieprincess’ creature, and it turned out looking like a catpig. Yeah, look you guys, I can't make horses, okay? I am not about that life. Anyway, here is my attempt to replicate it lol. I’m sure you guys can do much better.

Anyway, that’s all for now. I hope to see more lovely posts of your creations!
Test Subject
#59 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 6:05 PM
Default Hi again folks!
People! I am alive! I have been reading all your posts and checking out sims and creatues!

They are all gorgeous!

I am so amazed that all these people are so unlike one another, yet they all belong in the world!

It is always strange and bit scary to post thimgs you have made, I know, so you are all, not only amazing creators but also very very brave ❤ :lovestruc

Keep up the good work and I shall retreat to the shadows!
Test Subject
#60 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 11:49 PM
Default Hey you guys!
Like cyberzombieprincess, - I'm still alive (somehow) - Unfortunately I haven't really had the chance to write a proper response or upload anything the past few..ahm..months.
I'm very very sorry for that. I was (still am) drowning in work.

But I check this Forum regulary and I love all of your recent creation. I'm really amazed by your animal/pet creations. These are so gorgeous.
I hope I can join your discussions again soon. And maybe upload a few sims, too.

And yes I know I still haven't give you guys an update about the skin I used. Sadly I haven't had the time to figure this one out yet.

Keep up the good work!!
Field Researcher
#61 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 5:15 AM Last edited by RylandHomes : 12th Aug 2017 at 5:37 AM. Reason: uploading family file - finalizing post
This post is the dedicated post for the Aulani Family.

All updates for this household will be in this post. Once they're finished, I will share their file
This household includes 4 Sims, and 2 Pets (canines).
2 Adults M&F
2 Teens F&F
2 Large Dogs M&F

Aulani Family

I hope to call this family done soon I'm happy to say I feel like we're done with the Aulani Family, let me know what you think! I will reply about the fauna in a separate post when I finish getting it put together.
As always, all the feedback is appreciated!

(I will soon provide the family file so they can be added to the game, just need to go in game first and set their relationships with each other.)

Custom Content used in the making of the Aulani Family:
Dry Lips by IN3S (TF-EF TM-EM?)
Ephemerea/teru_k's [Grey] ESkin-nAtural+ Tan Recolor by Nilxis. Download available in this post
"Janet" hair in the Detangled Pt. 2 collection by Buckley
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AulaniFamily_By_RylandHomes.zip (27.43 MB, 16 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Aulani Family with edited lot included

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 6:50 PM
@FuruFuruu
As far as the water is concerned, they just spawned there when I loaded the lot. I totally didn't know that was a thing until I tried to get them out of the water and they pulled a Jesus and proceeded to walk on top of it #blessed.

Ok, it must be because parts of the lot are inside the water. When I put custom wild horses in the world (I'll have to put them in a lot and then evict them), I will put them away from lots like this, probably in the jungle area so they spawn around there

@cyberzombieprincess, I already told you, but thank you so much again for that sketch! That horse definitely has the Uranesian vibe, it looks great and very fitting.

@FuruFuruu, your attempt at recreating it is not bad at all! The fur can be improved a little, but the shape looks nice!

@RylandHomes, these new changes are really great! I think the colours work amazingly this time, you've got a very good balance of colours. The daughters' updated clothes are perfect! The tattoos look cool too
Have you decided their traits yet? Because I was thinking that as a family of farmers they should have all the gardening related traits. That way I guess they will remember to take good care of the plants

Field Researcher
#63 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 8:44 PM Last edited by RylandHomes : 12th Aug 2017 at 5:43 AM.
@RylandHomes, these new changes are really great! I think the colours work amazingly this time, you've got a very good balance of colours. The daughters' updated clothes are perfect! The tattoos look cool too
Have you decided their traits yet? Because I was thinking that as a family of farmers they should have all the gardening related traits. That way I guess they will remember to take good care of the plants

I'm still deciding on their traits, and finalizing a few things with them. I have, so far, the biography for the dogs done, but I'm still writing the biography for the family members. Definitely all going to need the gardener trait, anyone who lives on a farm plot should, because playing through a few days on the lot I started on with this family, the plants aren't in good shape, and I've just been letting it run on high freewill. so yeah, they're gonna need the "green thumb".

Update:
I've updated the Aulani Post which now includes the family file that includes the edited lot with dog area. Any issues with the file or anything just let me know!

Field Researcher
#64 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 4:45 PM Last edited by RylandHomes : 24th Feb 2018 at 8:43 PM. Reason: updating post (CAS)
Default Ikaia Family
This is the dedicated post for the Ikaia Family
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"To-Do's"
  • Post CAS pics of tattoos
  • write the Ikaia Family story
  • finish CASTing some of the outfits
  • add accessories to their outfits
  • take "not cloudy day" in game pics
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As always, I look forward to the feedback, and can't wait to call this second family done.
All updates for this household will be in this post. Once they're finished, I will share their file
This household includes 2 Sims, and 2 Pets (canines).
2 Adults F&F
2 Large Dogs M&F

Custom Content used in the making of the Aulani Family:
Dry Lips by IN3S (TF-EF TM-EM?)
Ephemerea/teru_k's [Grey] ESkin-nAtural+ Tan Recolor by Nilxis. Download available in this post
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Ikaia Family - RylandHomes.zip (14.02 MB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Includes 2 sims, and 2 large dogs (Muko Koama)

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 4:09 PM
Sorry for the late reply!

Thanks for the Aulani family, got it!

About the Ikaia family, here's my feedback:

Kanuha:
Clothes: nice choice! The colours are very monothematic but that's not a bad thing, they look great!
Face: Great!
Hair: To be honest I don't really like the purple highlights, it looks too modern. I would leave it all white. The hairstyle looks good though.

Kawai:
Clothes: The everyday and the formal clothes are very modern-looking (the formal one especially): the pink sandals, the short skirts, the black belt, the fuchsia shirt, the pink necklace... they all remind me too much of 21st century clothes. I think one of the reasons why (apart from the shapes and combinations) is that some patterns look very synthetic or plastic-made, like her swimsuit for example.
Face: I think the eyes look too separate and curved, but the rest is nice
Hair: I like the hairstyle but I think the same about the coloured highlights. I'm still not sure about the different hair colours we discussed, but in case we use dyed hair, I think the best option is to dye it completely.

The dogs:
Perfect! Unique shapes and colours, I love them

Field Researcher
#66 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 11:21 PM
Sorry for the late reply!

Thanks for the Aulani family, got it!

About the Ikaia family, here's my feedback:

Kanuha:
Clothes: nice choice! The colours are very monothematic but that's not a bad thing, they look great!
Face: Great!
Hair: To be honest I don't really like the purple highlights, it looks too modern. I would leave it all white. The hairstyle looks good though.

Kawai:
Clothes: The everyday and the formal clothes are very modern-looking (the formal one especially): the pink sandals, the short skirts, the black belt, the fuchsia shirt, the pink necklace... they all remind me too much of 21st century clothes. I think one of the reasons why (apart from the shapes and combinations) is that some patterns look very synthetic or plastic-made, like her swimsuit for example.
Face: I think the eyes look too separate and curved, but the rest is nice
Hair: I like the hairstyle but I think the same about the coloured highlights. I'm still not sure about the different hair colours we discussed, but in case we use dyed hair, I think the best option is to dye it completely.

The dogs:
Perfect! Unique shapes and colours, I love them

Glad you got the Aulani family installed no problem

Thank you! I've gone ahead and edited the family a bit, I hope I addressed everything you mentioned.

I did away with the colored hair for this family. I hope I made some of the textures of the clothing more fitting. I have 3 more families that are almost ready for posting, stay tuned!

I'm glad you like the updates to the Muko Koama. I hope to get all the fauna posted soon in one post.

Test Subject
#67 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 6:09 PM
@RylandHomes
Just wanted to pop in here and say great job Ryland. You really are pumpming out these sims. I love Muko Koama. I think they're f**king bomb.

@Chihara000
When are you going to drop back into existence?! lol.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 5:15 PM
Default love them
Quote: Originally posted by Bordew5
Guess I may as well post these here too!
From left to right a warrior / guard / hunter, a medicine woman for the royal family, and a princess / queen.

And the male Sims; shaman / medicine man, and warrior / guard / athlete.

Very happy with these looks. It's pretty much what I would expect while keeping in theme with this world. Nice job!
Test Subject
#69 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 8:08 AM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 4th Oct 2017 at 9:49 AM.
Default Skin Update #1
Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is safe and well. Seems like the entire world has combusted as of late.

I know I have been largely silent, but I just want you guys to know I am alive, and yes, still working.

SKIN
Work on the skin has been arduous, I'm not going to lie, however I have made some progress (luckily it's going to take Nilxis a while before Uranesia is complete lol). I have never used Photoshop, or Blender, or any of this stuff, and with the exception of the help from Kurasoberina, I have had to teach myself everything. I still have a lot to learn.
I am using a face texture from Golyhawhaw's skin making tutorial. I don't have much visible progress, but I did add a lip texture to the skin file. Eventually I will change the color, add veins, and I'm probably going to change the eye area as well.

Yes it seems like nothing, but you guys I had to cut and shape it, and trust me, that took me weeks because I am still not familiar with all of Photoshop's features. Hell, copying and pasting is its own challenge in Photoshop.
I know it doesn't seem like much, but I just wanted to show you guys that I am in fact doing something. I promise the next update will have more visible progress.

And if you guys have any suggestions, insight, recommendations please throw me a bone here. I'd truly appreciate it.

COLOR AND CLOTHING
Despite my workload concerning the skin, I have messed around with color and patterns adding more of these to Uranesian clothing at the behest of Nilxis. Thought I may as well post some pictures here. I also updated some of my older sims, but I'll post that in a much later update. Here are the clothing pictures.

Again, please feel free to offer me any advice. Post again soon!
Mad Poster
#70 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 2:01 PM
Good god, they really are dark. I personally imaged the colour palette on their outfits to be more saturated, and I imagined the fit of their clothes to be less futuristic. Don't get me wrong, they look good, but they're not at all how I imagined them. I've tried to make a few Uranesians myself and they were all much more inspired by actual Earth cultures.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#71 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 10:06 AM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 8th Oct 2017 at 10:26 AM.
@GrijzePilion
Hey Grijze :P. I'm glad someone has jumped in on this discussion. I'm particularly happy that you have given us/me some criticism. All I gotta say to that is,
"Please sir, may I have some more?"
There is ALWAYS room for improvement. I felt that my sims weren't resonating with people, but nobody has said anything to help better us, you know, constructive criticism. So I'm happy to actually receive some helpful insight. I want to improve. I want to make sims you guys connect with. And yes, we are following a format, but I want Uranesian's to reflect a little bit of what everyone thinks!

But... I gotta address this first.
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Good god, they really are dark.

Bruh. Are you talking about the sims' complexion or their clothing? I hope you're talking about the clothing because to myself, and my fellow darker-skinned brethren and sistren, that statement is brazen as hell, and I'm gonna have to give you the side-eye for that. Like really? Really?

Erhmm. I am however going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume that you're talking about the clothing for the sake of our budding sadomasochist relationship, and because I like you.
Don't trample on the flower that is our love motherf*cker.

I hear you about the color scheme (of the clothing ¬_¬). I have chosen more muted (less saturated as you would say) colors because I thought it would be more indicative of their "technology." But if the people want more vibrant colors, hell, let's give them more color! I have to give credit to Chihara000 and RylandHomes who have been doing color all along and are far far better at this than myself. And of course to the original Bordew5, who started pretty much everything.

I imagined the fit of their clothes to be less futuristic.

As you know, we are dealing with a very limited selection of clothing. We have a 20 CC limit. Although I'm not exactly sure what you mean by futuristic? But please, if you share some links or pics to clothing, CC, and/or EA items that you think fit better, by all means, be my guest! We need the help. I was actually thinking about reaching out to a modder to ask if they could help us and make a couple of clothing items (Thai based), but I have yet to do so.

I've tried to make a few Uranesians myself and they were all much more inspired by actual Earth cultures.

I would love to see the sims you have made! Please share!

... they were all much more inspired by actual Earth cultures.

I think this is also a great place to mention that in addition to cyberzombieprincess' conceptual designs I try as much as I can to draw from traditional Chinese, Thai, and Indian fashion. The clothing restriction however is real. So hard to show this when we are so limited.

But like I said Grijze, please post some pictures. That way we can get a clearer grasp of the changes you think we should incorporate.

Thank you again for giving us some construction!

And to everyone, please you guys, if you have some ideas, if you think we should change stuff, speak up. Give us some construction. Jump in and display your ideas. We're hungry for it! This is a group effort and all insight is welcome and appreciated. So let's do this!
Mad Poster
#72 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 4:52 PM
Bruh. Are you talking about the sims' complexion or their clothing? I hope you're talking about the clothing because to myself, and my fellow darker-skinned brethren and sistren, that statement is brazen as hell, and I'm gonna have to give you the side-eye for that. Like really? Really?

Yeah, their complexion. It's incredibly dark, and I'm not really seeing your point here.
I'd expected them to be more of a tan, like a coffee colour or something. Maybe some sort of a creamy chocolate colour, even. That's how I'd make them, and I think lots can be done with facial structures and makeup to make them interesting. Clothes could be lighter and more colourful too, maybe with some more deep purples and reds, but that's a whole different topic in and of itself.
I'll make sure to post some screenies of my own Uranesians when I have the time

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#73 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:21 PM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 8th Oct 2017 at 10:23 PM.
@GrijzePilion
My point is, the phrasing is rude Grijze. There's nothing wrong with critquing their complexion, but come on, "Good God are they dark?" I really don't want to get into semantics here but, "I think they're too dark," or "I think we should lighten them several shades," or even what you just said now, "...their complexion. It's incredibly dark..." would have sufficed. Please, just, have a care... is all I'm saying.

Back to the original point,
Nilxis wants them very dark and grey, as it is a defining feature of the race. Did you see his response to some of my "lighter" sims in this post, and my subsequent discussions with him about Kaligara and complexion? He thinks she's too light.

Rant ahead:
But I think the problem may be the skin. It's just awful when you go into the dark range. No fault of Ephemerea. It's EA.

I'm not going to lie to you, I don't like the way they look right now either. I mean, I want them dark, I agree with Nilxis and I love the grey skin, but they just look matte black. No undertones no highlights or lowlights, no variation just black. It bothers me because I can't even do funky makeup choices because I'm trying deperately just to create some dimension in their faces (beauty base one). I know I rant about this constantly, but that's how much it bothers me.

And to your coffee brown thing. I honestly think they would look better brown (if they were without their own custom skin, but I have commited to fix this) given EA's tone system. At least with the brown there's more color variation. But the greyscale is darker. Black is as dark as it gets. Kurasoberina explained this to me. The tone ramp is a separate texture. When you use the tone ramp in Sims 3 what it does is it pastes a flat color/tone on top of the base texture. The ramp reflects opacity. The far left is completely transparent. The far right is very opaque. The darker you go on the slider range the more opaque the tone becomes, and the more it covers up the base texture. That's why the sims look like matte black mannequins. Argh.
End rant

Anyway, enough ranting. I really would like very much to work with you on color and clothing. I will be heeding your advice and going back in game and make more changes to color and adding more vibrancy.

About makeup, as I mentioned earlier, at this point it's a sacrifice between creating dimension and full creativity. I honestly feel stuck. And not everyone wants to use mods like NRAAS, so I can't layer five different eye shadows like I normally would. Ugh, it's frustrating. But maybe I'm missing something. Maybe when you post your sims I'll get some ideas? Btw are you using the gray Ephemera skin?

Facial features you need to get more specific. But like you said, that's a-whole-nother thing to tackle.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#74 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 12:19 AM Last edited by Nilxis : 22nd Oct 2017 at 4:23 PM.
Hi everyone, I keep giving you late replies. I started university again back in September and have had little time for Uranesia: I've barely built anything and haven't paid much attention to this thread either. I apologize for that.

@RylandHomes
Quote:
I hope I addressed everything you mentioned.

Yes you did and you did great. I'm loving thes changes and I think they look wonderful now. Thanks

@FuruFuruu
Quote:
(luckily it's going to take Nilxis a while before Uranesia is complete lol)

sad but true
Thanks for your work on the skin! (And the Sims of course!)

About the clothes, great job overall! I can see though what @GrijzePilion means with futuristic, but only in some items: The 7th and 8th sims of your CAS screens, those straight lines on the T-shirts, and perhaps the fact that some clothes's main color is white/beige. That's why I would add more colour too. On the other hand, I love the rest of upper-clothing, all the trousers, and the suits you've used

I love the hairstyles and colours too! The blue and green hair colours are EXACTLY the tones we should use, they are not "earthly" but look very natural. Love it!

About the skin, I get that it looks dark. But that's kinda the point, right? I know brown would help, but we'd lose the fantasy of it. Ok, we don't need to go too dark to the point where facial features are not distinguishable, I think the skintone range in your In Game picture is good though. Only the sim on the right could be considered very dark, which I still think looks fine. I'm no expert in sims creation as you all know, maybe that's why all the dark skins we've seen so far look ok to me? Maybe when I see what you say about makeup I'll understand what you mean; but, if you feel you want to use makeup and the skin is too dark for it to look good, go lighter, no problem

Anyway, keep up the great job FuruFuruu!

PS: @GrijzePilion I'd love to see your sims too!

Test Subject
#75 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 10:58 PM
@Nilxis
Here I am with a late reply of my own. I'm sorry that it took me so long to respond. I wanted to respond sooner, but school is crazy for me as well. I also wanted to post pictures of the changes I made, but if I wait 'till I'm done with that, it may take me another week or two to respond and I feel it is imperative for me to respond now.

About the clothes, great job overall! I can see though what @GrijzePilion means with futuristic, but only in some items: The 7th and 8th sims of your CAS screens, those straight lines on the T-shirts, and perhaps the fact that some clothes's main color is white/beige.

Thank you!!! I have made changes. I didn't remove the lines but I yellowed the shirts and made them a bit darker. I hope this helps some. I've also added some more vibrancy to the outfits. Unfortunately I am not finished, but I'll post pictures as soon as I get there.

I love the hairstyles and colours too! The blue and green hair colours are EXACTLY the tones we should use, they are not "earthly" but look very natural. Love it!

Aww thank you!! I know my initial green hair was very loud lol. Glad I got it right this time!

About the skin, I get that it looks dark. But that's kinda the point, right? I know brown would help, but we'd lose the fantasy of it. Ok, we don't need to go too dark to the point where facial features are not distinguishable, I think the skintone range in your In Game picture is good though....

I want to clarify. I like the gray skin. I like the dark skin. I think it is unique and I support it wholeheartedly! They aren't supposed to look like your typical human and that's what I like about them! I love that they look a little alien. 90% of my sim bin is filled with aliens, so to get the opportunity to work on a race with some alien features is so exciting for me! When I say I'm always anxious to get in my game so that I can play around with Urasnesians, I mean that. That's why even with all my responsibilities with this skin I still find myself shirking them every once in a while to play with Uranesians in CAS. My frustration has nothing to do with the defining features of their race. It has nothing to do with you or Ephemera. My frustration is with EA. Perhaps I was sloppy with my explanation. When I said they would look better with brown skin, I meant that for whatever reason brown skin tones look better in game than true black (gray scale) skin. But again, I am going to try my damnedest to fix this, because I really love the gray skin and I want it to look the best it can!

The "lighter" thing. When I read what I wrote again, the quotes make me seem like I'm a douchebag. I won't say I'm not a douchebag, as that's a matter of opinion lol, however, that is not how I meant to come across. I always put lighter in quotes as far back as our initial discussion. I put it in quotes because they are lighter but they're not light. I was trying to create a small range in complexions, but they're not light-skinned and I was trying to stress that. And as everyone here knows because I never shut up about it, I chose to make some of them them a little lighter because I can't make them as dark as I always like because of the whole EA issue, as you all can see, case in point with my Merman -_______-.

Anyway, I am so sorry I came across as bashing them. I wasn't.

Maybe when I see what you say about makeup I'll understand what you mean; but, if you feel you want to use makeup and the skin is too dark for it to look good, go lighter, no problem

All of the sims have makeup on, but I decided to go the more natural route with makeup because without makeup their faces look kinda' flat. So for example, in the eyeshadow spot instead of picking a more decorative eyeshadow. I go for racoon looking (big ole circle around the eyes) eyeshadow so I can create some depth to their eyes. If I make that a bolder color it would crazy with that makeup option. Whereas, if I chose another eyeshadow I could make it a bolder color, but I'd be sacrificing depth. In fact, bolder colors look great on darker skin! But I can't use the makeup I always want to use because the further right you go on the tone ramp, the more dimension is erased. To compensate, I choose fix this with makeup. That's what I was trying to get across to Grijze. No worries though, I am determined to fix this so no one will have to do this for Uranesian skin! If I have to slave over this skin for a full year so be it!

As always, thank you for your encouragement and support! I really try to to do the best that I can, and hearing I've done something right makes all the time, effort, and fumbling through skin making worth it. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Page 3 of 5