Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 10:09 PM
Default Possibly the most impossible object to Clone in Simpe.
Heh.....Yes.......i'm sticking to my guns when i say that. d=

So i was trying to upgrade an object by simply cloning the object and changing the GMDC with a new model made in Milk shape.
But this hasn't turned out too well, the object is the light saber by Shaklin which you can get here.

http://sims2graveyard.com/index.php...htsaber-mod-new

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was my attempt =(

http://www.mediafire.com/file/irgr4...uble_Bladed.rar

I was simply making a double lightsaber, which was something that was made by
shaklin but has never been found, nor recovered in graveyard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This creator has vanished from existence.

The attempt was to remake an object that has been lost. and was made 10 years ago on shaklins website, all but erased without a trace.
I sent this to another modder to help and even this has gone way over their head.
I spent days trying to get this right, the cloning process has messed up the tags, even when i swap the GUIDs to the original and use my model
keep in mind im pretty new to all of this and i wish i knew what the hell i am doing lol.

Just to clarify, the original object works 100% with all expansions to date, all i was trying to do was to clone the original and change the model which i believe is located in the GMDC section.

Please have a look.

This is just impossible to clone.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 11:14 PM
I've moved this to the Create forums. What's wrong with the cloned version?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
I've moved this to the Create forums. What's wrong with the cloned version?

The Pie menu functions are jammed...And i know why. Another modder and myself discussed this and agreed that the clone object assumes it's the original and will not work unless the original is present.
But even if you place the clone and the original on the floor and interact they both jam or cancel each other out.

Keep in mind the original works fine on its own. It's only when you clone it, the interactions scramble out of place.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 12:10 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Jan 2017 at 12:29 AM.
There are (among other things) a bunch of duplicate instance numbers among the BHAVs, so the "Pie Menu Functions" lists the wrong ones, and it's not possible to fix it without changing the instance numbers - but I'm not sure if the instance numbers are only referred to in the "Pie Menu Functions".

Also, the BHAVs refrence the extra OBJDs/GUIDs (the "social" ones) at least acouple of places, and I couldn't figure out if changing the GUIDs in both the OBJD and the BHAV will work (mostly since I'm unsure if that's the only place they're referenced).

I had a go at tinkering with the object, but it's a little beyond my skills. I think I've figured out where things went wrong, but I'm not entirely sure if I know all the places that needs fixing.

My old version (with new GUIDs + recolors, so that's out of the way) is here: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/170366/
(but please keep in mind all the 3 GUIDs are changed in the OBJDs and updated for MMATs, but not changed in the BHAVs).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 9:12 AM
Is it possible to extract the Pie menu functions and place them in a brand new project, that way you could see what works.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 1:00 PM
The problem is that the Pie Menu functions reads the wrong BHAVs, because the needed BHAVs have instance numbers other BHAVs use, so importing them might not work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The problem is that the Pie Menu functions reads the wrong BHAVs, because the needed BHAVs have instance numbers other BHAVs use, so importing them might not work.

Do we know exactly weather it's shifting or replacing the BHAVs?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 10:40 PM
One of the main problems is here:
- This is the original file, NOT the clones!

It can be as easy as fixing the instance numbers - unless they're referenced elsewhere than in the Pie Menu Functions.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 12:21 AM
The instance numbers in the bhav's are not duplicates. Notice that there are three different group numbers, they correspond with each objd. At quick glance, the two bhavs that start with CT reference the bhavs in the object, this is a self referencing object. Try changing the guid's that refernce the original objd to the new ones in your object.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 5:52 PM
The problem is that the "pie menu functions" use the instance numbers from the BHAVs, and the original object uses the correct ones, but the clones use the wrong ones with the same instance number. As an example, the original would use the "Interaction - Person A", if that pie menu option was set to the instance "0x00001000" but the clone for some reason gets stuck on using the "Function Init" that also uses the instance "0x00001000", because it reads the wrong (or "duplicate") BHAV instance number.

It basically looks like Shacklin cloned the BHAVs to make new ones, but forgot to fix the instance numbers. Somehow they made the "Pie Menu Functions" use the correct BHAVs, but when I try, only the wrong ones want to show, which in turn breaks the object.

What I'm wondering is whether it's enough to just fix the instances on the BHAVs and set the "Pie Menu Functions" to read the ones with new instances, and then fix the new GUIDs in the BHAVs where they are referred (I think it's just a ocuple of places, but I'm not sure). If that's all it takes, then I can probably fix it myself - but if the OBJDs or the BHAVs needs fixing elsewhere, then it's a bit over my head...

By the way, I'm working on the clones I made - I posted them in #4 above.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 6:27 PM
Looking at this more thoroughly it looks like some of these didn't make it through to the finished object.
Some of these actions are even new to me like the watch version. which i've never even seen in the game with Shaks version.

I think the reason why there's two duplicates could relate around the different state types when interacting with the object, as the object is able to be held until put down.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 9:09 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Jan 2017 at 10:27 PM.
I'm no expert with BHAVs, but I don't think having duplicate instances would do anything good on objects with different states. On the contrary, they should have different instances, so everything points to the right BHAV.

I have had troubles with duplicate instance numbers when I've forgotten to change them in poseboxes (I usually notice when the Pie Menu Functions don't want to use the correct BHAV) - and changing the instance usually helps.

I'll see if the fixes I kow how to do will work. I think it's best to keep the two objects separate for now, because with the amount of strange things in Shacklin's files, I don't dare to make them share textures or anything like that.

EDIT: I may have been able to fix it (haven't tested yet) - but there's one thing I just can't figure out. Some of the BHAVs call on an OBJD/GUID with the GUID number 0x00068505 - I can find 0x00068503 and 0x00068504 in Shacklin's "lightsaber_fight_global" mod and the "lightsaber_accessore" (also found in the graveyard, different files from the original), but not the 505 one. Anyone has a clue? If not, I'll just leave them in for now.

EDIT again: Nope, now it throws errors all the time *sigh*
Tried changing the GUIDs to mine, and tried changing the BHAV instance numbers so they wouldn't mess with the Pie Menu Functions. It's quite likely I missed something somewhere, though... Or perhaps I changed something I shouldn't change. Either way, perhaps it's best someone else with a bit more know-how than me tries this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 1:08 AM
I'm impressed you even got this far, i just can't believe how way ahead of it's time this mod is.
Even to this day i've not come across any other mode like this for Sims 2.
Instructor
#14 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 6:36 PM Last edited by ankoyume : 24th Jan 2017 at 7:03 PM.
Hey ! Seems you're quite involved in this and trying hard. So I would like to help.

Don't know if it will really help as I haven't really read the whole thread... but somebody has already told you that there's no instance number overriding themselfas long as the group number are different. And it's the case in the Shaklin's package

To be clear, in the original package there are 3 OBJD but it's not the same object with three foot prints, it's three objects in the same package. Each OBJD has his own group number and his own set of BHAV with that group number. So if there's (for instance) two init BHAVs with the same instance number, they refer to 2 different objects because of the group number of the BHAV...(in common CC, all BHAVs have 0xFFFFFFF as group number : it's not the case here)

group number has nothing to do with GUID but it has the same purpose : it helps to links the elements of an object, so that the said element knows that it refers to that object and not another one. The mesh recs are linked to an object by the GUID, but the BHAVs & TTAB have no GUID, they have group number instead !

Don't know if I have been clear...
Perhaps you had already understood that, in that case just ignore my post.

My guess is that when you cloned it, SimPE resetted all the group numbers to OxFFFFFF and it borked your clone.

Edit : I actually looked into your package. You have deleted 2 OBJD out of 3. It might be the problem. Or SimPE didn't cloned it ?
I think you need all the files and the instance numbers mustn't be edited. The group number must be changed to match the right OBJD.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume

My guess is that when you cloned it, SimPE resetted all the group numbers to OxFFFFFF and it borked your clone.

Edit : I actually looked into your package. You have deleted 2 OBJD out of 3. It might be the problem. Or SimPE didn't cloned it ?
I think you need all the files and the instance numbers mustn't be edited. The group number must be changed to match the right OBJD.

I can guarantee it's the SimPE that has altered that condition, hmm so you mean to tell me there's only 1 OBJD?
If that's the case both must be compared once again.

this probably explains the broken issue, but would help with the issue having both objects act as one, which has something to do with the BHAV conditions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 2:19 AM
Is there a way to Copy all the values from the original and maintain the GMDC?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#17 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 2:27 AM
You could try creating three different packages by extracting each objects resources. Then you would be able to clone them separately, since you cannot choose which to clone in simpe.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
You could try creating three different packages by extracting each objects resources. Then you would be able to clone them separately, since you cannot choose which to clone in simpe.

How would i go around doing this? And why three?
So by creating a new object, is it as easy as copy and pasting all of the assets from Shaks object? and then changing the GMDC?
This is technically where i kinda get confuse where to go from here.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#19 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 1:25 PM
Mad Poster
#20 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 4:21 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 28th Jan 2017 at 12:15 PM.
Looks like Shacklin might have extracted a bunch of animations (those belong to the 0x1C0532FA set of group numbers, btw), sound files and various other things - but most of the modified BHAVs and whatever already have the 0xFFFFFFFF group in the original file, so I can safely say those resource files in mym files haven't reset to that group - they already were in that group.

But yes, the problem mght be that Shacklin made 3 objects and combined them into one. The group numbers aren't a perfect way to separate them out though, as there are a lot of different group numbers in the file, and no way to know what belongs where.

Maybe one option could have been to make some kind of referenced object that uses all the functions from the other one, but has a separate mesh. But I have no idea how to make such an object (or even if it's possible).

Shacklin also made a couple of global mods and a replacement (I think) for the pillow fight, which may be linked to the lightsaber.
All of Shacklin's original files are available at the graveyard, in case someone wants to take a look. http://sims2graveyard.com/index.php...ry/1191-shaklin
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 6:07 PM
The Lightsaber fight is dangerously unstable for AL Sims version , i'm fully aware of it.

The behavior of the Light saber Matches the behavior of a finger print scanner, however Shaklin found a way to keep it on the sim holding the object consistently and still remain in normal state
which explains the sims free will behavior becoming idle at times.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 12:30 PM
I keep thinking a mod based on one of these mods would have been a lot more stable and easier to work with:
http://modthesims.info/d/215543
https://nixedsims.wordpress.com/201...-sword-options/

I think there's another one as well, but couldn't find it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 11:10 AM
I can't give up on this!...Wait you mentioned before that the GMDC swap would work on Shaks version without resources going missing, did you test this out?
Mad Poster
#24 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 6:23 PM
Just swapping the GMDC on the original file (no cloning - just a plain replacement) shouldn't screw up the file. You won't be able to use both versions in your game, though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Just swapping the GMDC on the original file (no cloning - just a plain replacement) shouldn't screw up the file. You won't be able to use both versions in your game, though.

What if i copied and pasted another one Windows desktop style? Do you think it's possible to manually change the GUIDs property's values?
As it seemed the problem we had was that there was resources missing.

I can't help thinking you've already tried this.
Page 1 of 2