Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 6:41 AM
Default New mod not working - but game recognizes the package file
I'm working on a new mod and when the game loads and shows all the packages, it lists the newest one I have inserted. BUT, the script never runs.

I know it's not the code, because I was able to copy and paste the same exact code into a mod that I KNOW works, update the .package and the new functions happen.

I think it might have something do with how I created the package, but I have no idea and it is driving me CRAZY!

Let me know if you want to see my code and/or the package file. I have a feeling I messed up the creation of the XML file in S3PE - but I have done it before so I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 2:54 PM
Have you found out why? If you need a fresh set of eyes I could look over it for you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyTheSnowcat
Have you found out why? If you need a fresh set of eyes I could look over it for you.

No, I did not figure out why yet! Going to try copying and pasting into a new Visual Studio file and seeing if that does the trick...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 4:19 PM
Forgot to update this - turns out I had accidentally also placed a copy of the mod into Overrides as well as Packages, hence why it didn't work!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pjsutton
Forgot to update this - turns out I had accidentally also placed a copy of the mod into Overrides as well as Packages, hence why it didn't work!
Glad you were able to figure out.