Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 1:24 PM
Default Hero Titles Reworked
Helloooo!

After a long period of absence, I'm back at Sims modding.
Since I always hated the titles of some heroes, and all kid's titles, I decided to make a small mod that edits the English strings responsible for naming Heroes.
Also, there's CSV files (download the Editing Set) for those that don't like either Maxis' or my titles and want to try out editing on their own. I also included Chann's STBLizer (http://modthesims.info/t/360093) to help in such an endeavour.

Most notable changes in my version, the Reworked:
- Changed the Jacoban Priest titles to more accurately reflect its Catholic inspiration.
- Changed all vassals except the one from Yacothia to "Duke" or "Duchess" and made the title for a single-province Monarch also "Duke" or "Duchess".
- Added epithets - we are supposed to live in Medieval times, after all.

Please note that changing any titles will make them appear the same in all games, and this seems to be hardcoded - sorry for those that want a Wizard King in one game and a Grand Emperor in another.

I'm considering a version in which the standard name includes surnames, if there is demand for it. I personally don't really use surnames anyway, but it's like 10 minutes work so no biggie.

Hugs,
Nick
Attached files:
File Type: zip  LaZ - Hero Titles Reworked.zip (2.20 MB, 595 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Download this for pre-made goodness.
File Type: zip  LaZ - Hero Titles Editing Set.zip (4.37 MB, 304 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Download this for DYI goodness. Includes STBLizer and .stbl file for editing, does not include Reworked package.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 5:02 PM
Thank you for this! I'm really glad someone still makes mods for TSM. also, sharing an editing set was very kind of you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 7:17 PM
I figured my style was not everyone's style, hehe.
If you find better titles than mine, let me know. I'm not exactly satisfied by all of them.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 6:38 PM
I didn't mean I didn't like the titles silly! it's just that modders who build a tool that will make the mod customizable for everyone is rare, and it is very thoughtful of you.
Your titles are good enough for me I didn't even download the CSV files, as I'm terrible at modding lol
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 5:34 AM
Could you possibly make a version with the children's titles added back in? I found them very amusing and don't have a clue about modding.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 3:35 AM
Ditto to anb1388. More people than you may know who play TSMP&N have wanted their sims to have the proper titles afforded to Royals such as we know in reality. Having it so, makes ones special time in fantasy with their sims feel more like a desired reality. Thanks a lot Nick_laZ!

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.