Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 10:39 PM
Can't create new animation box.. SimPE error.. help?
im trying to make a new animation box for the sims 2. i created the import file and i created the animation box from cloning the pauls reaction test object. but when it get to the get guide step, it gives me this error..
does anyone know how i can fix this?
I already tried making it from cloning other poseboxes too but it still does the same thing. please help.
if you need more information, just ask.

Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 12:21 PM
does anyone know how to fix this??
here's what the error message says:

Could not load file or assembly 'EnumComboBox, Version=1.0.3187.33865, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. SimPE Version:
Default (0.72.1.33855).

Exception Stack:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'EnumComboBox, Version=1.0.3187.33865, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'EnumComboBox, Version=1.0.3187.33865, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at SimPe.PackedFiles.UserInterface.ExtObjdForm..ctor()
at SimPe.PackedFiles.Wrapper.ExtObjd.CreateDefaultUIHandler()
at SimPe.Interfaces.Plugin.AbstractWrapper.get_UIHandler()
at SimPe.ResourceLoader.Present(IScenegraphFileIndexItem fii, IFileWrapper wrapper, Boolean overload)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Source:
simpe.extfilehandler

Execution Stack:
at SimPe.PackedFiles.UserInterface.ExtObjdForm..ctor()
at SimPe.PackedFiles.Wrapper.ExtObjd.CreateDefaultUIHandler()
at SimPe.Interfaces.Plugin.AbstractWrapper.get_UIHandler()
at SimPe.ResourceLoader.Present(IScenegraphFileIndexItem fii, IFileWrapper wrapper, Boolean overload)

Windows Version:
Vista

.NET Version:
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 12:05 AM
You're trying to load the plugin panel for the OBJD, right? It sounds like a corrupted SimPE install to me, I'd try deleting and redownloading SimPE, and making sure you have the required .NET framework.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 12:13 AM Last edited by Prime : 9th Dec 2016 at 1:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
You're trying to load the plugin panel for the OBJD, right? It sounds like a corrupted SimPE install to me, I'd try deleting and redownloading SimPE, and making sure you have the required .NET framework.

hey <3 thanks for your reply <3 i didnt see it at first :S

and the plugin panel for the OBJD? i dont know what you mean by that, but sure, i'll try redownloading SimPE, and what do you mean by required .NET framework? is there an extra file or something that i have to download?

if it helps, im using sims 2 ultimate collection

UPDATE:

Oh wait, i see what u mean. Yeah, the plugin panel for the OBJD is what i meant.

UPDATE:

I reinstalled SimPE and created the import file and the animationbox in SimPE fine without any errors, HOWEVER, when i loaded it up in the game, it showed up fine, but when i had a sim click on the animation box it told me 'no options available'

UPDATE:

never mind i got it fixed! i messed up with the reaction-test interaction table which was causing the 'no options available' error. lol. my bad.
THANK YOU!!!
i just needed to reinstall SimPE