Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 8:53 PM
Default Duplicating and modifying existing Maxis animations
Hi all,

I'm in the midst of creating an object and would like to have a custom interaction in which the sim picks up that object to use it. I know that custom animations are possible in TS4, but I've only seen them used in pose packs. My plan was to look at the files for EA's base game animations in which sims use objects (eg. eating cereal, using the computer), duplicate one of them, and modify it to my liking, since that seems to be the general practice with the game mods I've come across so far. However, there is almost no information available on this topic whatsoever and I can't figure out where those animation files would be, let alone if they're possible to edit.

Does anyone know of any existing mods that involve custom animations with objects? Or where else I could try looking for EA's animations? I don't need anyone to give me a tutorial and hold my hand or anything, I'm just looking for something to "reverse engineer", I suppose.

Thanks