Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

GrayCurse's Cooking & Ingredients Overhaul

by graycurse Posted 16th Oct 2016 at 6:30 PM - Updated 17th Nov 2019 at 8:22 PM by graycurse

550 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 413 Feedback Posts, 136 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 23
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 6:45 PM
Many thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 7:06 PM
Excellent!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 7:44 PM
YES!!!! Oh, I've been missing your mod so much! Thank you for updating it! It looks brilliant!!! *happy dancing*
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 8:15 PM Last edited by simshout : 16th Oct 2016 at 9:55 PM.
Very appreciated :) This would be incredible if someone create an actual Grocery venue.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 8:29 PM
So if I'm understanding this correctly, you also HAVE to have the required harvestables? Meaning each sim must garden/forage, or I need to have a farmer sim or a community garden, thereby forcing a more realistic economy?? LOVE IT! I want to wait for the sale tables from City Living to see it they would make selling produce easier but I'm also afraid the food carts are gonna break your mod. Thank you for all your hard work. With the tons of recipes I bet it was super involved. EA should hire people like you that know what we want.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 8:59 PM
Thank You so much for this, I have been checking up on this MOD since it was first being tested!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 9:01 PM
Wow, just wow. Thank you! What a job this was. I used your beta and really enjoyed it. I thought you had given up, but here it is. I can't wait to have this back in my game.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 9:24 PM
This is interesting, but I don't know if I'd use this mod. Can you make a meal and the mod automatically charges you for the ingredients needed so I don't have to overcrowd my fridge? Can you buy normal harvestables when going "shopping"? Is it all inclusive to take into consideration, cooking, gourmet cooking and baking? Will it take more ingredients if making a full meal rather than a single dish? (I use a mod that makes making a full meal cost more than a single serving). Sims 3 had a cooking ingredient overhaul mod and I stopped using it cause it made every time I clicked the fridge to take forever for the menu to pop up because it had to calculate all the different ingredients I had in the fridge. I like the idea, I just hope it doesn't make the game more tedious rather than fun. Also the prices are a bit ridiculous for the ingredients. I'm sure you will adjust them as you go, cause 10 simoliens for an egg is a bit much.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 12:30 AM
I love the idea of this, but will it conflict with the Custom Food Interactions mod / custom recipes?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 12:32 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH OMG. You have no idea how badly I've needed this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 1:37 AM
hoo !!! You have returned to our greatest happiness at all !!!!! I warmly thank you for having updated. I have just try it and so far no problems with food interactions or other problems. I came several times a week and then I'll meet you to thank you for all this work and make our more enriching play. you made my day. Sorry for my English ,I am French.♥♥
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 1:54 AM
At first I want to thank you for this great mod. I played with it a long time before- and I am really happy to got your update now.
But I think there are two problems: since the mod is in my game the restaurants in my worlds are not working ( the stuff is not coming) and my sims are not able to bake anymore. All the other functions are working great.
With kind regards,
Rotlocke
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 4:03 AM
When I added this to my game my Custom Food Interactions mod / custom recipes doesn't show up...
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 3:51 PM
Thanks so much for re-working this mod...I had missed it so much.

I can't help but think, omg, just in time for the new patch coming out before City Living. I'll keep my fingers crossed it will not conflict with your mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 4:19 PM Last edited by Aharrington : 17th Oct 2016 at 4:58 PM.
Thank you so much for updating this, I have been checking every day for updates however I too am not able to bake anything with this mod, not from the fridge or the stove. Ive not yet tried visiting a restaurant so I don't know about that but it is definitely interfering with baking.

I did a bit of testing and it seems to be the EP1 recipes package which is causing the baking to become broken, all other recipe packages are fine.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 5:05 PM
I was waiting for this to be updated so much!!! Hope it'll be working with new expansion.
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 10:14 PM Last edited by Rotlocke : 17th Oct 2016 at 11:05 PM.
Hello, I just want to make a little correction: my problem with restaurants has nothing to do with your mod.Only the baking- bug deals with your mod.
Kind regards,
Rotlocke
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 1:29 AM
Really glad to have this mod back! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aharrington
Thank you so much for updating this, I have been checking every day for updates however I too am not able to bake anything with this mod, not from the fridge or the stove. Ive not yet tried visiting a restaurant so I don't know about that but it is definitely interfering with baking.

I did a bit of testing and it seems to be the EP1 recipes package which is causing the baking to become broken, all other recipe packages are fine.

Thanks for letting me know! With SO MANY recipes to be updated, it's easy for bugs to slip through the cracks. I'll have a fix for baking up tomorrow!
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 3:15 AM
I was going to suggest a price change on some of the ingredients, too. Pasta, sugar, and flour, should be much cheaper. Like $2 or so. Eggs, milk, cheese, maybe $5. The chicken and beef are fine as they are, but shrimp should be expensive. Maybe $15 or $20?

But thank you for this mod! I love how it makes my farmers and market owners feel so much more necessary in my game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 11:14 AM
Maybe you need add new ingridients like salt, sausage pack for hot dogs, bekon. Waiting for update. Such a wounderfull mod thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 6:41 PM
I can't tell you how thankful I am to have this mod back! I checked your old page every day after the Dine Out content broke it. I am wondering if there's any way to add a function that I wish was part of your mod... The ability to choose which fruit/veggie/fish I am using to create a meal when I make it? I had a mod that did this in Sims 3. Just a suggestion. I really do love your mod and I'm eagerly awaiting an update from the supermarket mod to be compatible with yours again!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 8:06 PM
Amazing! I've been waiting for this mod for so long. I'm really happy that you managed to update it! Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pixiejuice
I was going to suggest a price change on some of the ingredients, too. Pasta, sugar, and flour, should be much cheaper. Like $2 or so. Eggs, milk, cheese, maybe $5. The chicken and beef are fine as they are, but shrimp should be expensive. Maybe $15 or $20?

But thank you for this mod! I love how it makes my farmers and market owners feel so much more necessary in my game.

Good idea! Perfect prices, too. Will squeeze this in
Page 1 of 23