Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vintage rentals for Roaring Heights

by Flora2 Posted 1st Sep 2016 at 10:58 PM

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 1:40 AM
I love these! Roaring heights is my new favorite world, for playing and building. Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 2:08 AM
I won't be able to use this because I don't have all the expansion packs required but I had to tell you this is gorgeous and I can see that it is playable as well. Good work!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 7:40 AM
Bloody excellent

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 4:44 PM
I've been playing Roaring Heights almost exclusively; I love the 20s-40s era, and I really appreciate all of your lots! I've used your winery and consignment shop down in the boardwalk area. They look so perfect. Thank you for all of your amazing work! I can't wait to place these lots in the city; I love it when the NPCs have a real home to go to.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 9:55 AM
This is just simply amazing! Thanks you so much! ^.^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 1:10 PM
Absolutely wonderful, thank you for all you do for us
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 7:47 AM
Thank you, amigos, it's good to hear if one's uploads are useful for other players - I hope this will work without issues.
Theorist
#9 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 8:19 PM
This is great! I like to place apartments in every game since they provide a place for all those role sims to go. This one is perfect for RH! Nice work!

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 1:08 PM
Love it! The 40s interiors are real treat and done so well. Thank you again for such great lots.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cutsocks
Love it! The 40s interiors are real treat and done so well. Thank you again for such great lots.

I'm honored by a comment from a creator whose works I admire so much. I have much to learn yet. (Your Sims National Bank was a great inspiration for me to give a try to vintage builds!)
Scholar
#12 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 3:25 PM
I finally couldn't stand it anymore and downloaded most of your lots even though I don't have Island Paradise. I installed them in an empty world and went into build/buy to check on them (and tweak them to my liking because I am just like that). I am thrilled to report that all the lots I have installed work fine without Island Paradise. There are a few odd items which are clearly substitutions, but those are easily replaced. I have a little old lady sim living in #25 (the only one I changed anything fundamental in, as it happens, as I wanted a different shape to the bathroom--but even so, the lot was so gorgeous as is!) and she is visiting all the community lots one by one. Should I leave a note on the other lots so people know they can use them without Island Paradise?
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
I finally couldn't stand it anymore and downloaded most of your lots even though I don't have Island Paradise. I installed them in an empty world and went into build/buy to check on them (and tweak them to my liking because I am just like that). I am thrilled to report that all the lots I have installed work fine without Island Paradise. There are a few odd items which are clearly substitutions, but those are easily replaced. I have a little old lady sim living in #25 (the only one I changed anything fundamental in, as it happens, as I wanted a different shape to the bathroom--but even so, the lot was so gorgeous as is!) and she is visiting all the community lots one by one. Should I leave a note on the other lots so people know they can use them without Island Paradise?

Hi, lucy, thanks a lot for the feedback! I try to recall what kind of objects I usually use from IP, but I think maybe only decorative objects for the tropical/California ambiance... plants, too, perhaps... I suppose. The only thing I'm sure of that if I write that "Roaring Heights is needed" then it really is (windows, doors, architectural elements). So, let's do this: if you give me the name of those lots which you downloaded and work without Island Paradise (with proxy elements) in this comment section, I will edit the description of those, adding your information, okay? And thank you again.
Besides, about the rentals #25 bathroom, I totally agree with you - it's not a really fortunate floorplan with the bath, lately sometimes my sims don't find the right routing if they want to check themselves in the mirror for example, although other times they can. Not ideal, no doubt. And I also tweak the lots to my liking after uploading them, even my own ones - for example, I've had enough of the laundry of the #25 after a sim-week or so, so I've got rid of the washing machine in my game quickly.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#14 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 5:44 PM
I also do not like laundries! I love the way they look but the way the game pushes dirty laundry events is so disruptive! So I made the laundry into an invention nook.

So I suspect they all work, in that they all come up without crashing and the sims function well in them. There's some decorative item you like to use a lot in the exteriors that the game substitutes the "country sign" for. That's easily changed.

Anyway, the lots I've downloaded and opened are:

These two rentals:
The Del Perro houses (both):
The Palmetto Club:
Honest Carrie's:
Skylines Rentals:
Sandy Shores fire department:
Sandy Shores stores (both):
The Art Deco stores (both):
Custer Foods:
Chez Eyler:
(I think another one or two)

My test sim hasn't been in all of them, but I'm pretty confident because it's gone so well so far.

My suspicion is that compatibility is only really an issue with lots if there's something with an ep-specific function, and maybe not even then.

(I have Roaring Heights, so can't test that potential issue)
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
I also do not like laundries! I love the way they look but the way the game pushes dirty laundry events is so disruptive! So I made the laundry into an invention nook.

So I suspect they all work, in that they all come up without crashing and the sims function well in them. There's some decorative item you like to use a lot in the exteriors that the game substitutes the "country sign" for. That's easily changed.

Anyway, the lots I've downloaded and opened are:

These two rentals:
The Del Perro houses (both):
The Palmetto Club:
Honest Carrie's:
Skylines Rentals:
Sandy Shores fire department:
Sandy Shores stores (both):
The Art Deco stores (both):
Custer Foods:
Chez Eyler:
(I think another one or two)

My test sim hasn't been in all of them, but I'm pretty confident because it's gone so well so far.

My suspicion is that compatibility is only really an issue with lots if there's something with an ep-specific function, and maybe not even then.

(I have Roaring Heights, so can't test that potential issue)

Thank you! I've edited the descriptions of most of them already. Happy simming!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 12:58 PM
Awsome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 20th May 2019 at 9:26 PM
I've never really played roaring heights or bridgeport for that matter because all the sky scrapers seem to give me lag. i'm looking forward to downloading all your lots and playing in roaring heights for once. I'm glad you made smaller apartments! I just started playing again and don't think I've tried my hand at making apartments. I do remember the sims taking forever to get to their apartment in the high rise. I'm only missing university but I'm going to download them all anyway lol. Thanks again! They are beautiful!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 26th Nov 2023 at 1:13 AM
I've been eating up these LA Noir lots! I hear the soundtrack, in my head, as I browse through your screenshots. I love the game, but I was often frustrated that I couldn't really explore too much of it. (Driving around and listening to the simulated radio broadcasts is great, though.) I also love Roaring Heights, but like you, I'm not much of a fan of the fake towers, because they tend to block my view of the usable space.