Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#76 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
The first type of buildings the City is looking at to preserve are churches. You must create a church on a 3x2 (deeper than wide) lot. It needs to have a vestibule, sanctuary, balcony, bell tower, large community room w/ kitchen, nursery, Sunday school rooms, administrative area with reception and at least 2 offices, restrooms, and parking for 4+. Many churches of this style accomplish so much by either making use of their basements add/or building an addition on the back. See the included images for basic styling.

Appropriate. I just finished messing around with a church.

Soooo, for clarification's sake... Tall lot, not long lot?
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#77 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 6:09 PM
Oooh a church, what fun!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Field Researcher
#78 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 6:31 PM Last edited by w_sims : 19th Sep 2016 at 8:10 PM.
Hello all! I previously applied to be the Emergency Judge, but have now got the opportunity to become the third judge... and I'm so excited to start!

I'm a The Sims 4 now, but back in my The Sims 2 days I was involved in a number of contests here, including hosting the Aspiration and Me Contest , the TV Producer Contest and the Foundations for Families Contest. I've also won a few places on the annual Calendar contest! :D

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Scholar
#79 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 10:09 PM
Yay! I think I have the skeleton of my church fleshed out. The nitty-gritty details will have to wait until after my course tonight...
Field Researcher
#80 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 10:34 PM
About the parking space for 4+: do we need to use CC decorative parking spaces, or can we do that vanilla?
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#81 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 10:43 PM
Oy! I can tell I haven't built in TS2 in a while! lol. But it's coming along :D
Link Ninja
#82 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PanAm103
About the parking space for 4+: do we need to use CC decorative parking spaces, or can we do that vanilla?

There should be asphalt tile with parking lines (at least dotted road lines) in vanilla under misc floor tiles.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#83 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
There should be asphalt tile with parking lines (at least dotted road lines) in vanilla under misc floor tiles.

Exactly. That's why I asked. Because in the original post, Phaenoh linked to CC decorative parking spaces, and I just wanted to know if they were mandatory or not.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#84 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 11:25 PM
ForeverCamp, yes long deep lot, not much street frontage.

PanAm, CC is NOT mandatory, but CC that you can't freely credit or upload in a lot are NOT allowed. Aka, no paid content and the like. Without CC, you still need to make the parking spaces look realistic though. Not wanting to use CC doesn't earn any bonus points or anything, so you are putting yourself at a bit of a disadvantage.

Charmful, there are even some nicer hidden maxis road tiles that are technically not CC, you'd only need an unhider and if you were to upload the lot (also not mandatory) the downloader wouldn't need the unhider.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 11:31 PM
@Phaenoh - when you say creditable CC then, I can use something I've made, but never put online.

AKA. Anora Acadian
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#86 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 11:31 PM
Parking spaces are easily done without cc just by using grey bitumen tiles and bitumen tiles with white dashed lines. Or as was said above 'asphalt' which must be a US term, we don't call it that over here.

kerri191, yes you can do that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#87 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Parking spaces are easily done without cc just by using grey bitumen tiles and bitumen tiles with white dashed lines. Or as was said above 'asphalt' which must be a US term, we don't call it that over here.

Out of curiosity I looked up both words and it seems the only difference technically is that asphalt has sand or gravel pitch mixed in with the bitumen. I'd actually never heard of 'bitumen' before. TIL.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#88 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 12:44 AM
*looks at all of you calmly discussing about asphalt and here I am silently panicking because never in my life have I ever really been to an old stone/catholic church --- like yeah I've seen them but its different if you've been IN THEM ya knooo*
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#89 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 12:51 AM
Just use a picture.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#90 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 5:29 AM
3x2?? Can I get some of that juice please @Justpetro and alot of it!!
Wow thats a small wrong shaped lot for this project lol!!
A building underground we go!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Mad Poster
#91 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 6:39 AM
Of course, Tiffany - I am still at the fermented juice because of the 3X2

(Those asphalt tiles are not hidden if you have UC).
retired moderator
Original Poster
#92 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ekrubynaffit
3x2?? Wow thats a small wrong shaped lot for this project lol!!
Maybe there was a misunderstanding on the lot direction? I fit a whole high-rise on a 3x2, most churches are deeper than wider, so that's was my plan. I can't open my game right now, something about direct x9 graphics and my recent win10 upgrade, but I had a round 1 shell I was working on a while ago, so once I get my game up, I'll double check to see what lot size I was building on. If you build yourself into a corner, you can always use the lot adjuster.
Mad Poster
#93 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 7:10 AM
Try to do a hardware troubleshooting, @Phaenoh - after the update Windows 10 needed to update various drivers on mine for everything to work.
Alchemist
#94 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 7:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Maybe there was a misunderstanding on the lot direction? I fit a whole high-rise on a 3x2, most churches are deeper than wider, so that's was my plan. I can't open my game right now, something about direct x9 graphics and my recent win10 upgrade, but I had a round 1 shell I was working on a while ago, so once I get my game up, I'll double check to see what lot size I was building on. If you build yourself into a corner, you can always use the lot adjuster.

Bugger as per your apartment building thats a 2x3!
And Id finally got something going on the 3x2 that was working
More Juice please JP, and I will start on the 2x3!
The lot adjuster and I do not mesh well!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Mad Poster
#95 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 8:20 AM
I think about the lot size: I assumed it is to be a 2X3 ("deeper, than wide lot") - and not a 3X2.
I am going to have to drink more if it is not
Can we have clarification on the lot size, please?
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 1:30 PM
Hey ! Maybe I'm late but I was not aware of this contest before today

Edit : I forgot to ask : can I join the contest ?

Unfortunately I've deleted a few community lots from MTS one or two weeks ago because I did not like them anymore, but I still have my Poker Saloon uploaded. I also have a few pictures of not uploaded community lots if you need them somewhere. I'm on mobile right now but if you ask me to I can send you screenshots as soon as I come back home.

I share my CC here !
retired moderator
Original Poster
#97 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 2:56 PM
Ok, here, is a picture I quickly drew up. This is what I mean by deep and wide, please keep it in mind for future rounds.

xmathyx, this is why I decided not to close applications, your buildings look lovely, welcome to the contest!
Screenshots
retired moderator
Original Poster
#98 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 3:41 PM
Sorry for the double post, but this is an important change.

Ok, I got my game to work, and I found my old R1 shell sitting on a much larger lot, 4 deep by 3 across (one extra tile set in each direction). You may all bump up your lot sizes, or you may stay at the original size, either size will be allowed this round because I effed up. This should help with parking lots taking up too much space and such. Sorry guys! >.<
Mad Poster
#99 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 3:44 PM
Yay! Especially since my church looks like a doll house - stopping to stock the fermented juice bar first (and have a drink )
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#100 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 5:13 PM
Oh thank goodness! 2x3 was reaaaaaally small

Page 4 of 37