Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gender Preference Set

by azoresman Posted 30th Apr 2016 at 7:09 PM - Updated 3rd Jan 2021 at 3:27 PM by azoresman : Compatible with 1.69.59

237 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 184 Feedback Posts, 52 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 10
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 9:05 PM
Yay, been looking for something like this for ages - many thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 9:36 PM
I'm not sure what this mod actually does? Does it mean you can only flirt with that gender, or that your sim will only autonomously flirt with that gender, or something else?
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Yay, been looking for something like this for ages - many thanks!!

You'r very welcome !
Have fun
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emily_HH_19
I'm not sure what this mod actually does? Does it mean you can only flirt with that gender, or that your sim will only autonomously flirt with that gender, or something else?

No to the first question. You can still try to flirt, only will be more difficult to succeed.
As far as autonomy goes, then yes. It's like if you have a banana and an orange, and you like banana the most, then you will not certainly eat the orange .
And as far as Sims or people, if I prefer females and a male comes to me, I will certainly make him go away.

A little explanation: When we start a game sims have no gender preference defined (Likes neither gender), If we start romantic interaction with a certain gender, the sim will develop a "taste" a preference for that gender, going negative on the opposite gender.

What this mod will let you do is set and change or reverse or remove all kind of gender preference.
If my sim is being flirted by other sim and I want them to stop, then just remove both preference or even make it so they will be opposite.

Hope It's clear, just like in real life
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 11:04 PM
thank you!
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st May 2016 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tambailey2002
thank you!

Thanks for your thanks, have fun
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 1st May 2016 at 12:16 AM
Thank you! I missed being able to do this like I could in Sims 3 with NRAAS mods. Awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 1st May 2016 at 12:23 AM
As someone who likes messing around with relationships and creating drama, this mod was a no-brainer.
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st May 2016 at 12:26 AM
Can a sim succeed in flirting with a sim who does not prefer their gender?

When you're this ugly, it's true: The last thing to do IS to kill people.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st May 2016 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Modder12
Can a sim succeed in flirting with a sim who does not prefer their gender?

Things gonna be awkward until gender preference changes, most romantic interactions will have penalties if the gender preference doesn't mach. Most probably and if they are good friend will be easier but not that easy.
Gender preference is a good way to make things easier or harder on romantic interactions.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 1st May 2016 at 1:21 AM
Will this mod conflict with Scumbumbo's gender preference commands? His is a pyo file and yours is a script. Can i use both?

They sort of do the same thing but have slightly different functions. Scumbumbo's mod lets you adjust the percentage rate.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 1st May 2016 at 2:31 AM
Thank you very much for this mod. Just a question preference none means asexual or a reboot of the preference.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 1st May 2016 at 5:18 AM
I think asexual means neither male or female. And hopefully using that setting reboots their preference and gives them a clean slate.

For the record, i did take out scumbumbos mod and used this one to reset a preference. Then i closed the game and rebooted but added scumbumbos mod with this one. I used the console command genderpref.view and saw that this sim became asexual.

A little history on this particular sim might give a little insight. This male sim preference was males when i downloaded him from the gallery. But i changed his preference to female only because that's what i needed him for. However, even though his preference was changed to female, i noticed he gravitated to males still. So i used this mod to hopefully reboot his preference. After i did that, he went to a club and went right to chat up the females. I don't know if that was just on that particular occasion or if he was really changed.

If it's not an actual feature of this mod to actually change the sim and not just a surface change, it would be good if a mod could do that. Anyway, i really appreciate this mod. I'll use both creators mods as long as the game doesn't get buggy. I'm not sure if both mods change the same file.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st May 2016 at 6:31 AM
Good job! Glad you got it working! :)
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st May 2016 at 7:07 AM Last edited by azoresman : 1st May 2016 at 7:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Zennia
Will this mod conflict with Scumbumbo's gender preference commands? His is a pyo file and yours is a script. Can i use both?

They sort of do the same thing but have slightly different functions. Scumbumbo's mod lets you adjust the percentage rate.

Yes you can use both, there won't be any conflicts.
The percentage rates don't do much. I can actually implement rates for each gender in the future, all with menus and no need to enter any text in the console.
I give you an example: A Sim to start being heterosexual needs to have at least 40% preference for the opposite sex wile having none for same sex. If any value if for same sex he is a bisexual.
To reach 40% you need to have done various successful romantic interactions with a sim of opposite sex. Until then he sill hasn't got a defined gender preference.

That's the reason I went extreme and made it full rate on all four possible directions.

Hope it was clear
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st May 2016 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gualsim
Thank you very much for this mod. Just a question preference none means asexual or a reboot of the preference.

We may call it a fresh start. They don't like either sex.
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st May 2016 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deaderpool
Good job! Glad you got it working!

Thank you DP
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st May 2016 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zennia
I think asexual means neither male or female. And hopefully using that setting reboots their preference and gives them a clean slate.

For the record, i did take out scumbumbos mod and used this one to reset a preference. Then i closed the game and rebooted but added scumbumbos mod with this one. I used the console command genderpref.view and saw that this sim became asexual.

A little history on this particular sim might give a little insight. This male sim preference was males when i downloaded him from the gallery. But i changed his preference to female only because that's what i needed him for. However, even though his preference was changed to female, i noticed he gravitated to males still. So i used this mod to hopefully reboot his preference. After i did that, he went to a club and went right to chat up the females. I don't know if that was just on that particular occasion or if he was really changed.

If it's not an actual feature of this mod to actually change the sim and not just a surface change, it would be good if a mod could do that. Anyway, i really appreciate this mod. I'll use both creators mods as long as the game doesn't get buggy. I'm not sure if both mods change the same file.

Both mods change the same thing but they will never conflict.
It's not just a surface change, It's a brain and hormonal wash.
"Normality" says guys like girls and girls like boys - hope you don't get me wrong.

Edit: Forgot to say this: In the internal code gender preference tests are set to pass if no gender preference is set, as long as it's Heterosexual.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 1st May 2016 at 7:48 AM
It works, but it doesn't have any text other than .... and then no text on the 4 choices
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st May 2016 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tinen
It works, but it doesn't have any text other than .... and then no text on the 4 choices

What language is your game?
I only have English support at the moment. Gonna try to populate all languages in English and then make translations.
Thanks for your report
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 1st May 2016 at 8:06 AM
Updated with text to show on any language and a better Script, please redownload
Thanks for the report @Tinen . Let me know if it solved
Field Researcher
#23 Old 1st May 2016 at 3:09 PM
"Both mods change the same thing but they will never conflict.
It's not just a surface change, It's a brain and hormonal wash.
"Normality" says guys like girls and girls like boys - hope you don't get me wrong."

No worries, i get it. Lol

And thanks for the feedback, it is helpful.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 1st May 2016 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by azoresman
No to the first question. You can still try to flirt, only will be more difficult to succeed.
As far as autonomy goes, then yes. It's like if you have a banana and an orange, and you like banana the most, then you will not certainly eat the orange .
And as far as Sims or people, if I prefer females and a male comes to me, I will certainly make him go away.

A little explanation: When we start a game sims have no gender preference defined (Likes neither gender), If we start romantic interaction with a certain gender, the sim will develop a "taste" a preference for that gender, going negative on the opposite gender.

What this mod will let you do is set and change or reverse or remove all kind of gender preference.
If my sim is being flirted by other sim and I want them to stop, then just remove both preference or even make it so they will be opposite.

Hope It's clear, just like in real life

Thank you for the reply! I understand now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 1st May 2016 at 8:38 PM
Omg!! Thank you!
Page 1 of 10