Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 12:20 PM
Thank you

Not sure if this is adulty or not - but I just booked a holiday to America. Adulty because I booked a trip on my own! Not adulty because this obviously means I'm going to be on a budget for a while. Although I've worked out that after I graduate, I still have enough to pay for 2 months worth of bills, rent and food if I can't find a job. Possibly more if we don't buy a car (which is a bit of a necessity right now).

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Not sure if this is adulty or not - but I just booked a holiday to America.

Oh Bigsimsfan, you should know by now from dealing with us all that America's like the least adult place in the entire world. We're not a destination, we're a cautionary tale.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 7:52 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 15th Apr 2016 at 2:06 PM.
Doing research for my thesis several days before the last day of hand-in of the "this is what I'm going to write about"-plan counts as "adulting" to me. Still haven't written much, although I have found a bunch of research articles, and I have about half of it written from last week. Just have to try and sit at least 4-5 hours every day with this until Monday. That's the plan, anyway.

Other than that, my adulting wins this week doesn't stretch much longer than to laundry, grocery shopping, stuffing the dishwasher, making dinner, and the usual basic "nobody else is gonna do this for you" stuff I have to do if I want to eat and wear clean clothes.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 11:37 AM
I just cleaned my window. Still can't see through because you can see the way the sponge went But I cleaned it
Instructor
#30 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 5:07 PM
I never have anything to put in this thread ;_; I make it to work on time every day? I have a real date with a human boy?
Mad Poster
#31 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 6:55 PM
I folded laundry, and took a half-hearted look at some school stuff. Was going to go down to school to find some litterature and ask the librarian some questions, but it rained so heavily I put it off (mostly because I figured out the answer to the question, and I can do a library search from home). I've got nearly 30 research articles to look through for some interesting to use, but I really don't feel like reading anything right now. The only reason I'm not playing sims (which is what I actually want to do today) is because my antivirus is running, and it tends to randomly wreack havoc with the tab-mode (everything just starts going around in circles, for some bizarre reason, plus both of them running is always a bit heavy on the system). I sincerely wish I had a Tardis. In, do the assignment, and out again one minute later in real time. That'd been awesome!

So... I guess folding the laundry is the only proper adulting I've done today. Speaking of laundry, there's a big load in my laundry basket. Probably should do something about that (yeah, like that's gonna happen). Also, I'm getting hungry, so I guess the next adulting I'll do will be to make dinner.
Instructor
#32 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 3:03 AM
Ughhhghghghhhhh simmer22 whyyyyy did you have to remind me of my 2 very full laundry baskets out in the hall???

I guess I still have a pass...but I'm very close to being 18. Today I:
-Wore a bra.
-Finished my very first large, important, significant term paper that took a ton of research.
-Cleaned the bathroom, but I'm not sure why the floor is still so sticky.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 7:01 PM
Been the rock my parents needed.

My parents took our cat's (Sock) death really hard. Showing compassion is hard for me due to my neurological disorders. But I had shown to my parents why I've stuck around the past 10-11 years: I was seen as emotional support and since they needed it now, I helped them through the rough grieving process.

Granted, I eventually broke down and cried after they did, my dad said I am much stronger than I could ever imagine. After abuse and harassment from my older sister and those outside my family, my two suicide attempts, my parents almost divorcing and the death of my paternal grandmother and 5 cats, my father may be right when he said I am one of the strongest young women he knows.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#34 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 7:34 PM
Wrote my first commentary. Not sure if I did it rught though, nothing I can do about it now cos I uploaded it (4 hours before the deadline!) with the rest of my assignment. My brain hurt, so I guess that's a good thing? Apparently I'm smart, I'm just a lazy shit so I rarely use the "smartness" that people say I have. I wonder if I can get an 8 or 9. That would help my grade by quite a bit.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 7:51 PM
Woo - nearly finished the hand-in! Just the hardest part left now... :/
So yeah - a half adulting win for me so far today!

(But it's really my turn to wash the kitchen this week, and I'm seriously considering not doing it, because 1: A certain someone messed it up so it looks like somebody had a drunken food-fight on the stove, 2: I really don't have the time today, and 3: I hate cleaning up mess after other people, particularly people my age, when it's everyone's responsibility to keep the common areas clean after cooking/showering/whatever).
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 8:19 PM
My Instant Gratitude Monkey won halfway today. I did the laundry... I did not study for that oral exam on Thursday, which was what I planned to do... Monday to Wednesday I have appointments and work round noon, which completly kills the day. If only my monkey was afraid of the panic monster... The only time I get something done is when the monkey's chasing the monster
Mad Poster
#37 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 2:55 AM
And done! Adulting wins today - writing about half of the 1500 word assignment (the rest of it, that is), reading through around 15-20 articles, and delivering it several hours before the deadline. Panic monster FTW!
Theorist
#38 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 4:56 PM
Maybe it's just me, but anytime I have to do anything dealing with adult responsibilities, I consider it a losing situation.

Called on Friday to take care of a 5071C letter from the IRS because something got flagged on my dad's final taxes and the idverify site wouldn't accept anything I entered into it. Was on hold 45-minutes and the lady told me I have to go to the local IRS branch office with a bunch of ID, fill out a Form 56, etc. Woohoo! Hooray for adult responsibilities.

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#39 Old 18th Apr 2016 at 6:42 PM
1) I was in the hospital for 5 days and they either lost or stole my driver's license and debit card, so I called my bank to lock my account and get a new debit card and applied for a driver's license on the DMV's website.
2) I went to the nurse at my school because I was vomiting blood (no solution yet, but I went anyway).
3) I called my doctor about the blood vomiting thing.
4) An "incident" happened with my friend and I (well a couple) and instead of binge drinking or self-harming like I would sometimes do, I utilized my support network and reached out to friends and online support groups, and I plan to take it easy and take care of myself as best as possible. (Or that's the hope anyway...)
5) I cleaned my room which took a good 4 hours and did 4 loads of laundry.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Scholar
#40 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 1:25 PM
I look fookin' amazing in my new driver's license's photo.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 9:29 AM
I did my tax for the last two years.

I still have to do the two years before that but I've organised the paperwork so now I just need to do it.

I wouldn't put a lot of effort into getting it transported.
Site Helper
#42 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 2:33 PM
Does learning that joy is a decision, not an emotion, and realizing that this is the reason that you CAN have joy in the middle of a deep depression count?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 5:13 PM
I took one of my final exams today and passed
Scholar
#44 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 5:26 PM
Destroyed my opponent in a debate the other day. That was also my first debate that I had to do all by myself instead of being with a team. The debating / preparation part wasn't very fun, but seeing my opponent mess up in that was was great because that just reinforced my point

Its an adulting win because I am an adult and I won a debate
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 8:08 PM
Have made my bed several times this week after I woke up, vacuumed twice, cleaned the bathroom twice all over, and cleaned the kitchen floors, and took the time to iron some stubborn shirts, all so far this week. Also, I got around cleaning the fan in my room and it feels a lot better in there.
Theorist
#46 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Noa1500
The debating / preparation part wasn't very fun, but seeing my opponent mess up in that was was great because that just reinforced my point

If you can't say something nice, say something clever but devastating.
Instructor
#47 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 4:45 PM
I reached the savings goal I've been working toward for 9 months and quit my terrible job, yay.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 6:59 PM
I'm at my conference! It's a really big step to be talking in front of a group of people for 20 minutes, considering I'm too terrified to even talk to a cashier when I go to the shop. But it's for my paper, which is the most important thing.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
Omg I'm so happy you guys ! I currently have no job/no money and have been looking for hours as a cleaning lady. I worked at a woman's house and she called me to tell me that she was taking me as her cleaning lady (2 or 3 hours a week). I also went to another woman's home for an interview and she called me to say she wasn't taking me. But this morning she called me to say she changed her mind, and she seems super sweet ("you'll be doing 15 hours but I'll pay you for 18 because there is no job !". She seemed concerned about my situation. I'm really excited because I would earn 280 euros per month. That's nothing but it's still something !! :D

Don't worry, that's more than I earn a month
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 11:07 PM
Maked fried wings and they tasted extremely great. That's my first time making some food on a stove. Cooking looks like an interesting activity. I usually plan on what to buy for brekfast, lunch and dinner, and always do shopping, so that does not need to count. I have also taken care of a small pup I found on a street. She's quite hapy now that she found new home.

Everything else beyond that is school, but I started exceeding even there ( which wasn't the case before). I firmly decided to work hard for my better future.
Page 2 of 6