Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 1:17 AM
Default What are your Adulting Wins this week?
So I'm a fresh adult who's learning to deal with adult responsibilities, and I've got quite the list this week,
  • Got my driver's license
  • Did my taxes
  • Declared my major (interior design)

Okay not gonna lie, the interior design major is solely to help myself build better sim houses...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 3:01 AM
*Walked all over town and was given a reprieve even when I shown up on time.
*Took care of my father after his dairy bender.
*Made coffee for my parents.
*Baking dinner for my mother.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 4:07 AM
That's a lot of adulting in one week, VampireSam! I, um, guess I have a tiny list. Still pretty kidish at 20, though.
1) I worked
2) I started exercising on days that's I'm off/don't work too hard so that I can improve my health
3) I cooked dinner (kind of. just throwing stuff on the stove and making sure it doesn't burn.)
4) Hopefully practicing driving tomorrow if I can get my Dad to come with me. I've had my permit since I was 18 and still can't really drive.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by budwinys
That's a lot of adulting in one week, VampireSam! I, um, guess I have a tiny list. Still pretty kidish at 20, though.
1) I worked
2) I started exercising on days that's I'm off/don't work too hard so that I can improve my health
3) I cooked dinner (kind of. just throwing stuff on the stove and making sure it doesn't burn.)
4) Hopefully practicing driving tomorrow if I can get my Dad to come with me. I've had my permit since I was 18 and still can't really drive.

Little things still count!! Can't have big wins without little ones!! Good luck on your driving and exercising!!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 10:51 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Apr 2016 at 5:38 PM.
Started on my Bachelor thesis - which made me realize that I'm done studenting around in just two months (!) and soon need to get a job where I'm no longer a student nurse, but an actual nurse with lots of responsibilities.

Oh, and laundry. Because nobody else does that for me now, so I have to do it. Then it's changing the bed, cooking, and other 'adult' stuff (which I've been doing for a while now).
Scholar
#6 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 1:25 PM
Does cleaning and vacuuming count?

It's been my vacation, I don't have to adult. =P

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
Does cleaning and vacuuming count?

It's been my vacation, I don't have to adult. =P

Does count! I bought a new vacuum cleaner today!
Inventor
#8 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vampiresam9097

Okay not gonna lie, the interior design major is solely to help myself build better sim houses...

That sounds like something I should do, because as anyone who saw my house threads know, words cannot express how bad I am at landscaping am decorating in The Sims!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 12:24 AM
1. Made kickass chicken parmesan for tea last Sunday
2. Looked after my little brother all week without problem
3. Wrote most of an essay that isn't due in yet
4. Got accepted to give a presentation at a conference later this month, which should hopefully end up getting me published.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
1. Made kickass chicken parmesan for tea last Sunday
2. Looked after my little brother all week without problem
3. Wrote most of an essay that isn't due in yet
4. Got accepted to give a presentation at a conference later this month, which should hopefully end up getting me published.

Good luck getting published!! Are you a writer?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 3:22 AM
I read that title as adultery... :/ Anyway congratulations on turning 18! *The old and crusty grabs her glasses and slinks off*

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#12 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I read that title as adultery... :/

It would probably be a more interesting thread.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 12:06 PM
Adulting - blimey, I've spent much of my adult life trying to give that crap up.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vampiresam9097
Good luck getting published!! Are you a writer?

Sadly not. It's a publication in a science journal.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Adulting - blimey, I've spent much of my adult life trying to give that crap up.

My kids are still alive and I'm out of bed- Must be a good day!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 5:38 PM
Wrote most of an essay that isn't due in yet.

That's extremely mature, I've never been able to hand in something before it was due... I've written 20 pages-papers in two days only because I started a little late...
Mad Poster
#17 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 7:13 PM
^ I'm usually the same. Procrastinators unite! (Well, maybe tomorrow, or next week... or how about next month?)
I've got a hand-in/presentation of the theme I've chosen for my thesis due tomorrow. Thankfully the actual thing isn't due to next week, but I need something (and something good) for tomorrow. Granted, I did start looking for info earlier this week, but only started a couple of hours ago on the actual writing. I have written nearly 600 words, so I guess it's something...

(But now my head hurts a little, and my 'instant gratification monkey' wants to do writing for LFB instead, plus eat some chocolate, make dinner, fold laundry, or just about anything else than writing this assignment. But since it had its say earlier today (3 episodes of a series) and yesterday (youtubing, meshing and a bunch of other tings), and most of last week, I guess it's time to feed it some bananas with sleeping pills, jus to get it to shut up - because the panic monster is only sniffing about, and not doing any actual scaring, like it's supposed to do ).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 11:40 PM

That's still really cool lol
Mad Poster
#19 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 2:35 AM
So I actually got down some 1000-ish words, and sent the document well before 9 am (albeit long after midnight, though there are some hours to spare, so yay me!) - so methinks that counts as 'adult' and 'responsible', and 'procastrinating a little less than usual', and all that, since my usual delivery of assignments tend to be less than an hour before the time limit goes out.

It doesn't count? Oh well... Nice try, I guess...

Going to do the other 'grown-up' thing now and go to bed (in perhaps half an hour or so, because 'instant gratification monkey' is practically hauling me to the dark playground now. I guess those sleep-pill bananas I dosed it with earlier didn't have quite the intended effect...)
Forum Resident
#20 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 11:41 PM
All right. I'm new at this adulting stuff, but here goes.

So far, this week I've:
  • Cleaned my place
  • Prevented my own starvation
    and
  • Raised my grades like a responsible little hooman

It's not much, but I mean... *shrug* I'm tired now. So I'm gonna go nap, because adulting is hard.

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
#21 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 4:05 AM
I'm not an adult. That means I lose, right?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 4:43 AM
Once you have been an adult a while you will find we try and avoid 'adulting stuff' or to quote maxon
Quote:
I've spent much of my adult life trying to give that crap up.

*pokes M&R out of the room* M&R, the chocolates are just for us adults. *pokes out tongue and slips whooppee cushion under Ather's chair* You will find being an 'adult' gets old fast. Come find the rest of us at the juice bar when you have had enough of it.

PS. I am 50 this year!

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You will find being an 'adult' gets old fast.

Oh dear, not just being adult ist getting old, we are, too! For me it's still 20 years to go until 50, but I feel like time is flying by, and I do not feel like I thought a (an almost) 30 year old should feel. I feel more like
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 8:00 AM
Wrote 2 papers, one for my gender studies class, and one detailing an experience at McDonald's. Don't ask, it has a rather long back story haha.
Got a 96 on a presentation when I am absolutely terrible at even talking to people in person, much less a group.
Figured out the topic for my Gender Studies final paper.
Haven't died yet :D
Scholar
#25 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 9:23 AM

tbh that's a lot cooler

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Page 1 of 6