Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Facial Overlays Less Smiling (1.15.55)

by Shimrod101 Posted 19th Mar 2016 at 9:19 PM

101 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 54 Feedback Posts, 46 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 10:02 PM
I guess this is one of those realism mods. And guess what, I love realism mods! Thanks, dude.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 10:19 PM
Thank you! I totally hate the goofy smile they have all the time, you can't create serious characters because of it
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 10:23 PM
Thank-you! Bookmarking this for later for the next time I feel inspired to boot the game. It will make it a lot easier for me to not feel the need to slap the smiles off their faces. lol
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 10:56 PM
Shimrod! Time for a download spree :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 11:44 PM
Thank you very much for this!! I also found it extremely unrealistic & annoying when my Sims just stood around smiling. Creepy. Nobody I know does that irl. :P
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 12:08 AM
Oooh, this is beyond awesome... thanks so much, Shimrod - I hated that constant goofy smile on Sims... and might I also say it's wonderful to see you again :)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 2:05 AM
An interesting idea. I think I will have to try this one out. Thank you for your efforts in realism.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 7:23 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttuscnj7j...nflict.zip?dl=0

I am glad to see you back, your mods are awesome. I just saw a minor concern for me, you use the same key and this tip your mods conflict. I put the result in the appendix. Thank you for your attention and thank you for your excellent work and good Sunday to you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 8:23 AM
Oh Thank You so much! I have been hoping someone would make a mod like this.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 8:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heidi137
I just saw a minor concern for me, you use the same key and this tip your mods conflict.

Ok, oops, thanks for letting me know. I'll delete that 'Key' resource in my files in the future since it isn't required for the mod to function. I believe that a mod conflict detector program should be made to ignore certain things, these Key resources in package files would be one of those things. IIRC conflict detector programs for Sims3 had certain resources which the program would ignore so they wouldn't be listed.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 9:38 AM
Great Mod. Thank you :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 10:05 AM
At last, no more constant Joker grins! A million thanks!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#14 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 10:58 AM
So glad to have you back here and thanks for this new mod which will come in handy.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 11:56 AM
Wow, thank you, this was sorely needed - am so glad someone finally figured out how to get rid of the constant smiling, looking forward to trying it out!
Forum Resident
#16 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Ok, oops, thanks for letting me know. I'll delete that 'Key' resource in my files in the future since it isn't required for the mod to function. I believe that a mod conflict detector program should be made to ignore certain things, these Key resources in package files would be one of those things. IIRC conflict detector programs for Sims3 had certain resources which the program would ignore so they wouldn't be listed.

Nothing, that is not harmful for the game, I also find that some things should not be pointed as conflict, other mods have this concern and yet nothing is a real conflict.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 2:32 PM
What about very happy/inspiring? Do they have the neutral face or happy face. That is my only question. I think very happy or very inspired should have a more smiling face, but this mod is great!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlineFrrr
What about very happy/inspiring? Do they have the neutral face or happy face.

Very happy and very inspired have the switch to the neutral face. The 'very' versions of the moods aren't written into the file anywhere.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 5:28 PM
My god, thank you so much for this.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 7:46 PM
in my game it seems to be working but only to the 'tab' smaller picture of sims along the bottom, they are still smiling idiots in the big emotion picture. Anyone else got this?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 8:20 PM
Thank you!! This was so needed for the constant happy, happy! That the sims have all the time.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lioness21
in my game it seems to be working but only to the 'tab' smaller picture of sims along the bottom, they are still smiling idiots in the big emotion picture. Anyone else got this?

This mod has nothing to do with that picture. I've dealt with that picture in my mod here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=546925

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 2:50 AM
This is great, thanks so much for all your work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 4:52 AM
Thank you so much! Your mods are SO helpful for making the game enjoyable. Seriously, thanks so much for your hard work. <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 4:57 PM
THANK YOU!!!! I don't mind the smiling so much, It's the WAY they smile so BIG!! So this is great! now I won't have to look at that SMILE so much.
Page 1 of 5