Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Just Off Campus Diner

by Peni Griffin Posted 27th Feb 2016 at 9:09 PM

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 9:12 PM
This looks really cute, Peni! I'm such a sucker for roadside diners.
Thanks for your hard work.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 6:13 AM
What a cute place. Saves having to make a diner for my modern hood as it will fit into it well. Thanks for sharing!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 9:44 AM
Love this! Thanks! It will be a great addition to Land Grant University.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 4:10 PM
Diners are an exotic concept over here, so I'm stealing the layout shamelessly.
Thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 1:19 AM
I love the looks of the diner-thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 3:08 AM
thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 5:37 PM
Nice this! thanks!!!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 4:37 PM
While I do like making my own lots, for some reason, I don't make diners, and this looks perfect for so many uses! Thanks!
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 4:26 AM
When these are created, do the Workers come with them, or are they for US to work in as an option? Ty
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 4:23 PM
If you put it down in your neighborhood and send sims there, the NPCs will be generated by the podium and stove.

If you have a sim buy the lot to operate as an owned business, that sim will need to hire employees in order for it to operate when other sims go eat there, and will need someone - employees or family - to help him when you're playing him running it.

I have never played a sim-owned restaurant. It's possible you'll need to replace this podium - the Nightlife podium - with the Open for Business podium in order for it to operate properly as an owned lot. But somebody out there knows the answer to that.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 2:16 AM
I enjoyed reading your descriptions almost more than viewing the pictures themselves! LOL!! Great lot, am inspired to put it in the University.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 7:10 PM
Going into my military hood! I've been moving office, but finally downloading this one. Thanks, Peni.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 1:50 AM
Thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 10:02 PM
This is great, thank you!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#16 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 1:30 AM
Looks fabulous in game and can't wait to play it!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 11:29 AM
The idea is cool, but I tested - and you cannot put a restaurant into University hood, it will not function there
Any tips, or may be there's a mod already to do it?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 7:45 PM
I, and several other people I know, have used this and the bar and grill in various University subhoods with no problem and no prep. Test it in a game set up with no Downloads. Something odd like this has almost got to be a mod conflict.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)