Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#551 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 6:00 AM
I don't really get how to use the command. any help?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#552 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 10:09 PM
Hello!
I do not know what happens but in my game the mod does not work at all. I took all the mods and CPs and it still did not work. The script is enabled, I select the SIMS, I put the codes (add_slider Height 100) but it does not work. What can I be doing wrong?
Scholar
#553 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Georgina Maria
Hello!
I do not know what happens but in my game the mod does not work at all. I took all the mods and CPs and it still did not work. The script is enabled, I select the SIMS, I put the codes (add_slider Height 100) but it does not work. What can I be doing wrong?

What mod? This is a ceator feedback thread where the creator left before the mod was published.

But the best description of the status of this mod-project is this:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...336#post5260336

Read from post #314 for more info.
Lab Assistant
#554 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 11:29 PM
In any case, you can try to use another mod version, adapted for newest version of The Sims 4 - http://artfun.pw/mods/ArtUrlWWW_Sliders/ .
Test Subject
#555 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 6:51 AM
@ArtUrlWWW Even your version of the mod seems to be not functioning in the current version =(
I've tried to run it in combination with other mods and alone. I've tried capital and lower case letters for the commands. I've run it with and without testingcheats enabled. And I have tried the mod in the Mods folder directly, in a subfolder, with and without unzipping the scripts forlder within it and basically everything in various combinations.
No matter what I do, nothing happens when I enter the command.
Lab Assistant
#556 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yamina-chan
@ArtUrlWWW Even your version of the mod seems to be not functioning in the current version =(
I've tried to run it in combination with other mods and alone. I've tried capital and lower case letters for the commands. I've run it with and without testingcheats enabled. And I have tried the mod in the Mods folder directly, in a subfolder, with and without unzipping the scripts forlder within it and basically everything in various combinations.
No matter what I do, nothing happens when I enter the command.

Interesting! Have you got lastException.txt or gameCrash.txt in the folder named The Sims 4?
Test Subject
#557 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 3:36 AM Last edited by tachyonics : 5th Oct 2017 at 3:50 AM.
This works! Great mod, make sure you download Ash's script override!
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...644#post5218644
Test Subject
#558 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ArtUrlWWW
Interesting! Have you got lastException.txt or gameCrash.txt in the folder named The Sims 4?

I do, but it's an older one. From before I tested your mod. And the game does not generate a new one if I try to run it with just your version.
Test Subject
#559 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 3:03 AM
I've tried out multiple height mods so far, and one common issue I notice is that short sims will clip through chairs and beds when sitting down.
Does the latest 2 versions of this mod cause short Sims to sink through chairs, couches and beds ?
Test Subject
#560 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 12:29 AM
Where do I put the commands? In cheat window? If so something is not right since nothing happens.
Scholar
#561 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Krikk
Where do I put the commands? In cheat window? If so something is not right since nothing happens.

Can you change height by dragging the foot slider left/right in CAS?

Have you installed the parts listed here?
Test Subject
#562 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tachyonics
This works! Great mod, make sure you download Ash's script override!
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...644#post5218644

Thanks for the info, Tachyonics ! And thanks to Ash77 of course !
Cause yes, this works on game version 1.34.
Excellent !
Test Subject
#563 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 12:09 AM
Okay. I've removed and re-added everything making absolutely sure to have the reccomended mods in place.
The feet slider in CAS works perfectly under this setup so that makes me a happy camper. ^^
The commands, however do not. And as I mostly want to use this on children (who would rely on commands) I am somewhat at a loss.
I might just be stupid and doing something obvious wrong. XD'

Can I ask the people who do use it, have it working and use the commands to share a screenshot of the game with the correct command input?
Scholar
#564 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 8:47 AM
Okay. I've removed and re-added everything making absolutely sure to have the reccomended mods in place.
The feet slider in CAS works perfectly under this setup so that makes me a happy camper. ^^
The commands, however do not. And as I mostly want to use this on children (who would rely on commands) I am somewhat at a loss.
I might just be stupid and doing something obvious wrong. XD'

Can I ask the people who do use it, have it working and use the commands to share a screenshot of the game with the correct command input?

Did you install the mods in the order mentioned here?

Extract all of them into the same folder and allow files to be overwritten.
Test Subject
#565 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Did you install the mods in the order mentioned here?

Extract all of them into the same folder and allow files to be overwritten.

Yes, that's exactly what I did. Still, the commands do not give any response which is why I'm wondering if I'm a derp and am somehow messing something else up.
I read enough of r/talesfromtechsupport to know that it there's a high probability this is a user error XD Which is why I was hoping for a screenshot. Just to know if I can rule that possibility out.
Scholar
#566 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 6:16 PM Last edited by Morphar : 24th Oct 2017 at 2:53 PM.
Yes, that's exactly what I did. Still, the commands do not give any response which is why I'm wondering if I'm a derp and am somehow messing something else up.
I read enough of r/talesfromtechsupport to know that it there's a high probability this is a user error XD Which is why I was hoping for a screenshot. Just to know if I can rule that possibility out.

add_slider height -50 är allt du behöver skriva.

Edit:
add_slider height -50 is all you need to write.
Test Subject
#567 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
add_slider height -50 är allt du behöver skriva.

*googles other language* Ah, so it was sweedish. I somewhat understood it but I had to doubblecheck. XD

And that is what I thoght it was, so thank you.
Hm. Weird. I don't know why it is not working then. =(
Test Subject
#568 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 2:27 PM
The problem I'm having is the height variations affect most physical interaction animations like hugging and kissing. A taller person ends up kissing someone above the head in mid air, and even a slight variation and the alignment is off. I'm not a big modder but maybe setting each age at a specific height and then re-adjusted to match would work.
Test Subject
#569 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 9:42 PM
I have a little problem.
When I make taller children/toddlers they float and when I make shorter children/toddlers they bend their knees a lot. Am I the only one having this issue, if not can someone fix this please.
Scholar
#570 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WaterPearl
I have a little problem.
When I make taller children/toddlers they float and when I make shorter children/toddlers they bend their knees a lot. Am I the only one having this issue, if not can someone fix this please.

This is not a mod yet and no one is working on it.
What combination of files do you use? How do you set height, in CAS or in cheat console?
Test Subject
#571 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 4:11 PM
Well, I use Vectorplexus Toddler Fix with Ash 77 script so I set the height in cheat console.
But I don't seem to have legs problems on toddler and children with the original packages made by simmythesim.
Scholar
#572 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 10:05 PM Last edited by Morphar : 24th Oct 2017 at 10:17 PM.
Suddenly I get the toddler problem back so I checked my installation and started from scratch. I did a version based on this desciption by punchthecarbonara:

Quote:
Works ok with me for the 22/23.08.17 patch, I'm using the Hand and Neck slider from the first page (a lot of sliders...) (#1 ); Vectorplexus' Height Short, Tall, and Growth (#317 ) ; Ash77 updated script (#392 ); and Cmar's foot slider (#469 )

Edit: forgot to mention that I use the commands for toddler and children only, teens and up use the foot slider and the height remains the same after age up through testing. commands for neck and hands work for teens and up, I haven't tested it on children or toddlers nor do i see any reason to

EDIT #2: I had problems with using the Growth script (really ugly weird teen stretching) so I removed it and it's fine now. I also switched the Hand and Neck slider from "A Lot of Sliders..." to the "STABLE..." version. Just in case others had the same problem...
ALSO, I shared some sims using this height slider set up with a friend who didn't have them installed, and it caused their game to crash, so a word of precaution for sharing sims. Their game was fine and they could play the sims when they had the sliders in, and it also reactivated GODJUL1's slider (and my sims were even more taller in their game). That slider is here .
Maybe it's best to remove the slider mods before sharing sims? I'm assuming it's Cmar's up down foot slider that causes the crash as it adds a slider that's not in the vanilla game.

Optionally get the mod by CMAR's HeightSlider in CAS Feet.zip in post #469.

Set the height in CAS on young adults, adults and elders with the feet slider. Use the cheat console only for toddlers and children.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Morphars AlotofslidersforTheSims4Mixture.zip (16.0 KB, 1191 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#573 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 4:41 PM
I still have the same problem. But I'm looking for a way I can fix it myself.
Test Subject
#574 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 4:02 AM
can someone help me with the fix for the toddler thing. When I pick up a toddler the sim's arm is like twisted and disfigured. What am I suppose to do to fix this?
Test Subject
#575 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thejabby
can someone help me with the fix for the toddler thing. When I pick up a toddler the sim's arm is like twisted and disfigured. What am I suppose to do to fix this?

Download the zip instead of the files you've already downloaded. Drag the packages in your mod folders and let the files overwrite the files you've already downloaded.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MTS_vectorplexus_1683533_HeightSlidersToddlerFix.zip (825 Bytes, 330 downloads) - View custom content
Page 23 of 44