Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 XML Compare - Version 1.3.21

by scumbumbo Posted 16th Jan 2016 at 7:55 PM - Updated 7th Jul 2018 at 12:04 PM by scumbumbo : New Higher Performance Version 1.3.21

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Deceased
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 8:18 PM
Quick note...

Read the Very Important Safety Tip from the outdated thread where this program was originally available. Seriously read it!
Deceased
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 8:30 PM
Also, for those familiar with the program from previous versions, the biggest change with this one is that it now supports drag and drop of files to the Your XML File field. In addition, if you are trying to compare files which were extracted using S4PE from another mod it will automatically remove any of the "%%_INFO" from the filename and find the file to compare using the extractor's standard "S4_TTTTTTTT_GGGGGGGGG_IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.xml" file naming convention.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 11:38 PM
Thanks for continuing to make mods and tools for Sims 4. Could you please find the time to update the outfit_copy mod. I screwed up and saved the game after the last update without mods thus wiping out all my sims (100+) clothes hair etc. I have been using the new reset_bathing by Linere but it doesn't include some skin and other things my sleep and or swim outfits have. It does make their bathing outfit just the base nude skin. I am sure a lot of simmers are really hoping you will make this work again. This is one of the most used mods that I have and I have really appreciated several other of your mods. Thanks again!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 11:29 AM
Thank you for this program, happy to see you back, your mods terribly missed me, I hope to put my favorite functions if corrected, would be happiness
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 2:50 AM Last edited by HollyRidge : 10th Feb 2016 at 2:58 AM. Reason: update
Having problems getting it to save the winmerge path. Mine is on the D:\Program Files not on C:\. I load the program up, click browse, follow breadcrumb path to the winmergeu.exe but everything is still greyed out. If I close the program and reopen it, it does not save the path. I have also tried compatibility mode to Windows 7 (on Windows 10 Pro) and running as admin.

UPDATE: I uninstalled winmerge and reinstalled to default path and is working however I try to keep unnecessary programs from C since it is an SSD drive. I prefer to have programs such as this on D instead.
Deceased
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 4:01 AM Last edited by scumbumbo : 10th Feb 2016 at 4:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HollyRidge
Having problems getting it to save the winmerge path. Mine is on the D:\Program Files not on C:\.

Hmm, I only have one hard drive myself, but I can look at the code and see if I can figure out a reason why this might be a problem. Doesn't seem like it should be, but... well, all I can do is look

ETA - One note - you don't need to run the program as administrator unless you need those permissions to get to the files you want to read. The settings are saved separately for each user that runs the program.

ETA2 - I should definitely be able to debug what the issue is, I get the same results by moving WinMerge onto a USB stick.

Thanks for the bug report!
Deceased
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 4:33 AM
Thanks again, HollyRidge for finding those issues - version 1.3.1 should fix those problems!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Thanks again, HollyRidge for finding those issues - version 1.3.1 should fix those problems!
Your welcome. I have tested and can confirm the bug is now fixed. Thanks for sharing this app and for fixing it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 7:00 PM
Thank you so very much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 10:46 AM
Thank you so much for that! That's very needful thing if you create tuning mods!
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 4:11 PM
Default not found
not found in extracts :/ I extract the file by s4pe support me!!!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 3:07 PM
Since the masculine/feminine patch and any patch after that I've been getting a not found in extracts error. So I've been re-making my mods with each patch just in case. Hopefully this gets updated/fixed but doubtful since the creator of the program is AWOL

Origin: Simstopics
Steam: BrokeShopaholic
Xbox: BrokeShopaholic
PlayStation: InDebtShopaholic/BrokeShopaholic
Deceased
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 12:03 PM
One word about this update: "Warp speed"
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 5:22 PM
Loving this update scumbumbo. Not just the speed, but the way it handles the not found xml's. Perfect, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 8:38 PM
Thank you for this ! But I have a question. I extracted all the xmls, but my game is patched and I can't get the older files to compare. Where could I get these files ?

I'm trying to patch a mod, but I always get errors.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 10:58 PM
I just changed to a Mac and am sadden I can no longer use this wonderful tool. I wanted to say a big thank you Scumbumo for the new features! This is my go to tool to use for my XML changes. I am out of my home state for a bit and won't have access to my desktop with Windows. Again I want you to know I love all you do for the Sims community.
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 10:01 AM
Damn this saves lives. Thanks.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 10th May 2020 at 1:03 AM
Is there an update to this MOD that the late Scumbumbo had made? I went to the link provided, but this particular mod was not listed.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 1:03 PM
Just tested and seems to work fine as of today
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Feb 2024 at 5:11 PM
Is this still working?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 4:31 PM
This is still working!