Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Corn Stalk Fix - Grandpa's Grove Store Set

by douglasveiga Posted 5th Nov 2015 at 6:18 AM - Updated 5th Jan 2016 at 4:20 PM by douglasveiga

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 8:58 AM
A corn plant also comes with the store's canning station content. Will this conflict with that?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 11:11 AM
I think I have your old fix Corn Stalk v2.0.package. Can I add your fix on top of this, replace it or, if everything is working, leave it alone?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 11:35 AM
Thanks for this DV! I was using your old Corn Stalk Fix, well, I added the data into my edited Cooking Overhaul mod, so I've now deleted all instances of corn in them
Do I also need to delete all corn information from ccmerged.package, I can't remember if this is necessary. Thanks
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
A corn plant also comes with the store's canning station content. Will this conflict with that?

Doesn't conflict, because it uses a different key name.

Quote: Originally posted by mberry
I think I have your old fix Corn Stalk v2.0.package. Can I add your fix on top of this, replace it or, if everything is working, leave it alone?

I updated the main post with the information.

Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Thanks for this DV! I was using your old Corn Stalk Fix, well, I added the data into my edited Cooking Overhaul mod, so I've now deleted all instances of corn in them
Do I also need to delete all corn information from ccmerged.package, I can't remember if this is necessary. Thanks

Yes, it's necessary remove from the tunings (ccmerged and Cooking Overhaul) because it uses the same key name, probably you will get script errors.
Scholar
#6 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga

I updated the main post with the information.

Yes, it's necessary remove from the tunings (ccmerged and Cooking Overhaul) because it uses the same key name, probably you will get script errors.

Ah, great. Thanks
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 6:00 PM
Thanks for fixing this!!!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 8:02 PM
@douglasveiga - I'm confused. Didn't Grandpa's Grove come with orange trees, not corn? I thought corn came with the Old Mill set?
I love your mods in any case. Thank you so much!
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pj
@douglasveiga - I'm confused. Didn't Grandpa's Grove come with orange trees, not corn? I thought corn came with the Old Mill set?
I love your mods in any case. Thank you so much!

Actually the set was supposed to have corn too, but probably they decided to remove it before release to sell in another set. Apparently someone forgot almost all the files inside the gramps set that is why I created this fix to enable it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 9:09 PM
Thanks very much. Your game mod adds a lot to my game
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 9:52 PM
Quote:
Actually the set was supposed to have corn too, but probably they decided to remove it before release to sell in another set. Apparently someone forgot almost all the files inside the gramps set that is why I created this fix to enable it.

Oh, I see. How sneaky of them.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga

Thank you very much, Doug! I like the fact that now corn looks more like what it SHOULD look like, but I also like having the default ones for when I make generic community garden lots.

Now we just need a mod that makes lots of things using these. Corn bread, corn muffins, corn on the cob, creamed corn.... I haven't looked into figuring out how to make a food mod using your CC loader, but now maybe I have some incentive.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 10:39 PM
I'm curious if it would be possible to make this plant a default replacement for the corn from the canning station. That way the corn grown on corn stalks could be used to make cornbread.
Inventor
#14 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 10:41 PM
BTW: When I used your original corn fix, I noticed that each seed produced 3 corn stalks. Is that still true?

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Inventor
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 11:57 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 6th Nov 2015 at 5:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by echoweaver
BTW: When I used your original corn fix, I noticed that each seed produced 3 corn stalks. Is that still true?

yes.

I'm curious if it would be possible to make this plant a default replacement for the corn from the canning station. That way the corn grown on corn stalks could be used to make cornbread.

I guess it's possible. I need to think about it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 12:08 AM
Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 5:17 AM
Very awesome - I don't want two corn plants though so if you ever figure out how to do a default replacer I'mma gon be first in line lol
Inventor
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Grig 32
Very awesome - I don't want two corn plants though so if you ever figure out how to do a default replacer I'mma gon be first in line lol

@Grig 32

That would require some additional script, something that I can't perform because it would make it incompatible with ccloader.

Just always plant the corn from this mod instead of the store one, so you will always get the correct Corn Stalk. Not a problem at all.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
Thank you very much, Doug! I like the fact that now corn looks more like what it SHOULD look like, but I also like having the default ones for when I make generic community garden lots.

Now we just need a mod that makes lots of things using these. Corn bread, corn muffins, corn on the cob, creamed corn.... I haven't looked into figuring out how to make a food mod using your CC loader, but now maybe I have some incentive.

I spend too much time on social media sites; I was looking for a way to like this.
Theorist
#20 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 5:16 PM
So, let me just get this right....is this right??
Grandpa's Grove: gave us a proper looking corn plant, but was locked and unplantable
Old Mill: Gave us plantable corn but didn't really look like RL corn plant.
Your mod: Gives us the proper looking corn plant from Grandpa's Grove, with the plantability of the Old Mill version?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Inventor
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
So, let me just get this right....is this right??
Grandpa's Grove: gave us a proper looking corn plant, but was locked and unplantable
Old Mill: Gave us plantable corn but didn't really look like RL corn plant.
Your mod: Gives us the proper looking corn plant from Grandpa's Grove, with the plantability of the Old Mill version?

It's correct
Inventor
#22 Old 7th Nov 2015 at 5:14 PM
It's probably possible to clone the cornbread recipe and just make one that takes this corn. Then I can ignore the one that came with the canning station.

ETA: Wait -- I can't find any discussion of the cornbread recipe. Did I hallucinate that this came with the canning station corn? Argh!

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Inventor
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th Nov 2015 at 6:55 PM
It's probably possible to clone the cornbread recipe and just make one that takes this corn. Then I can ignore the one that came with the canning station.

ETA: Wait -- I can't find any discussion of the cornbread recipe. Did I hallucinate that this came with the canning station corn? Argh!

Don't know. I don't own the canning station. Maybe it's cc.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 4:00 PM
thanks I love you're Mods...
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 5:22 PM
This is not working for me and i don't understand why?
Do anyone know what would be the problem it don't show up in buydebug
Page 1 of 2