Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Default Umbrellas & Parasols

by alverdine Posted 10th Oct 2015 at 9:16 AM - Updated 24th Apr 2016 at 7:21 AM by alverdine

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 4:04 PM
Thank you so much for this! I was so tired of those ugly rainbow umbrellas.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 7:50 PM
Thank You Oh My Goodness
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 8:39 PM
Yes, your presets look sooo much better! Thank you!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 10:30 AM
This is fantastic, thanks.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 3:31 PM
This is wonderful! Thank-you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 2:37 PM
OMG i seriously have been avoiding reinstalling seasons bc of those fugly umbrellas everywhere!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 5:19 PM
Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 6:17 PM
Thank you so much, I didn't realize how much those garish umbrella colours bothered me until University and I saw a clump of them together.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 5:18 AM
I plan on getting Seasons soon and I'm trying to get rid of as much 'silly' stuff as possible and make my game as plausible as I can, so this is just perfect! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 6:21 PM
Thank you
Inventor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 12:51 AM
This is really nice, thanks!!! :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 3:16 AM
Had no idea how necessary this was until I saw it in action. Cheers!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 9:38 PM
YAAAASSS!
I HATE those garish default parasols and umbrellas - thank you! Can't EVER go wrong with simple black.
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 6:52 PM
Default corruption
This mod corrupted my game. I tested it 3 times and its corruptable I have to start from scratch
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 1:30 AM Last edited by alverdine : 25th Oct 2015 at 11:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jennifer71
This mod corrupted my game. I tested it 3 times and its corruptable I have to start from scratch

Hmmm... can you provide more details? Such as which files you installed and what actually happened to your game? You're the only person who's responded with an issue and I've never known a default replacement to cause corruption so I'd just like to be sure that that it's this mod
Test Subject
#17 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alverdine
Hmmm... can you provide more details? Such as which files you installed and what actually happened to your game? You're the only person who's responded with an issue and I've never known a default replacement to cause corruption so I'd just like to be sure that that it's this mod
all of them at first and then just the black and grey I play the game and it shuts down and then when i do get to the game its slow and choppy I dont know I did test it without the rest of my mods and it narrowed down to yours I dont know
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 6:38 AM
all of them at first and then just the black and grey I play the game and it shuts down and then when i do get to the game its slow and choppy I dont know I did test it without the rest of my mods and it narrowed down to yours I dont know

Well I did clearly state to only have one of each installed at a time, Eg. one umbrella default and one parasol default. Still though, having multiple overrides of the same resource shouldn't have such a bad effect - usually it just doesn't change anything, or only one of them takes effect. Nothing that would cause lag or corrupt a save.

Can you tell me the exact names of the files you installed the second time? And does the game run fine when you remove these files? Did you delete your cache files?

In my game I use 'Alverdine_Default_Umbrella_Black' and 'Alverdine_Default_Parasol_Grey' together without issue and haven't received any other feedback about problems so honestly I'm not sure what's up.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 9:58 AM
I was wondering if you could put these in two separated folders. I pretty much hate those rainbow-umbrellas, so your dark ones are very welcome, but I really don't dark parasols. Thank you in any case.
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alverdine
Well I did clearly state to only have one of each installed at a time, Eg. one umbrella default and one parasol default. Still though, having multiple overrides of the same resource shouldn't have such a bad effect - usually it just doesn't change anything, or only one of them takes effect. Nothing that would cause lag or corrupt a save.

Can you tell me the exact names of the files you installed the second time? And does the game run fine when you remove these files? Did you delete your cache files?

In my game I use 'Alverdine_Default_Umbrella_Black' and 'Alverdine_Default_Parasol_Grey' together without issue and haven't received any other feedback about problems so honestly I'm not sure what's up.
ok i see the problem its not your mod it was another mod i apologize Its working fine now
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shadowbird
I was wondering if you could put these in two separated folders. I pretty much hate those rainbow-umbrellas, so your dark ones are very welcome, but I really don't dark parasols. Thank you in any case.

The .zip download already contains all the files in separate packages, so you can choose to only install an umbrella default if you wish.

ok i see the problem its not your mod it was another mod i apologize Its working fine now

Heh, glad you got it working!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 6:59 PM
You're wonderful for making this, I was SO tired of those stupid rainbow umbrellas everywhere! Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 9:24 PM
Oh, stupid me.. And again, thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 4:36 PM
Thank you!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 12th May 2016 at 10:01 AM
Thanks! This is soooo much better than the frickin clown umbrellas made by EA! XD
Page 1 of 2