Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sedona - Mysterious Neighborhood, Full of Unexpecting Things - No CC/BG Only (For Monthly Theme of August - All about men!)

by Hood Building Group Posted 31st Aug 2015 at 10:42 PM - Updated 19th Jun 2021 at 12:55 AM by Hood Building Group

69 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:21 PM Last edited by Hood Building Group : 31st Aug 2015 at 7:42 PM.
Default The Collensworth Family
This family was created by marka93
Phil was about to discover a new star with his new telescope but then something has waved at him. Phil was embarrassed to death because of this so he just had to runaway. His classmates would have laughed at him, presumably. But can he really manage to live alone in the middle of nowhere? Can Phil live without his beloved mom who cooked for him?
Family Funds: §705

• Phil Collensworth (Adult, Knowledge, Cancer):
    Phil was about to discover a new star with his new telescope but then something has waved at him. Phil was embarrassed to death because of this so he just had to runaway. His classmates would have laughed at him, presumably. But can he really manage to live alone in the middle of nowhere? Can Phil live without his beloved mom who cooked for him?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:31 PM Last edited by Hood Building Group : 31st Aug 2015 at 7:42 PM.
Default The Atkins Family
This family was created by Jawusa
Aaron had the best reputation at school, a semi-sweet pad, and the looks to melt an iceberg - or at least that's what he thinks! Aaron wanted to show his girlfriend his 'favorite' star, named after her but the unexpected happened.
He could remember several women laughing, then nothing until he found himself here in Sedona...
Family Funds: §409

• Aaron Atkins (Adult, Romance, Libra):
    Aaron had the best reputation at school, a semi-sweet pad, and the looks to melt an iceberg - or at least that's what he thinks! Aaron wanted to show his girlfriend his 'favorite' star, named after her but the unexpected happened.
    He could remember several women laughing, then nothing until he found himself here in Sedona...
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:37 PM Last edited by Hood Building Group : 31st Aug 2015 at 7:42 PM.
Default The Lari Family
This family was created by M.M.A.A.
Tarek wanted to start a successful telescopes retail business on his own. Everything was prepared, but Tarek did something that was not-so wise. While testing the telescopes, a strange figure of light appeared and took him away.
He was very embarrassed, so embarrassed that he has ran away from home.
Now he ended up being in Sedona. If he wouldn't have tested the telescopes, he would already have started with his very own retail business.
Family Funds: §181

• Tarek Lari (Adult, Fortune, Pisces):
    Tarek wanted to start a successful telescopes retail business on his own. Everything was prepared, but Tarek did something that was not-so wise. While testing the telescopes, a strange figure of light appeared and took him away.
    He was very embarrassed, so embarrassed that he has ran away from home.
    Now he ended up being in Sedona. If he wouldn't have tested the telescopes, he would already have started with his very own retail business.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:40 PM Last edited by Hood Building Group : 31st Aug 2015 at 7:42 PM.
Default The Spurlock Family
This family was created by litlegothcat13
Once a typical, run-of-the-mill rebellious teenager, Jared now has had his life turned upside down by an unexpected event, leading him to have to run away to the middle of nowhere.
Will he be able to grow up and deal with these new responsibilities, or go back to his old reckless ways?
Family Funds: §433

• Jared Spurlock (Adult, Popularity, Gemini):
    Once a typical, run-of-the-mill rebellious teenager, Jared now has had his life turned upside down by an unexpected event, leading him to have to run away to the middle of nowhere.
    Will he be able to grow up and deal with these new responsibilities, or go back to his old reckless ways?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:47 PM Last edited by Hood Building Group : 31st Aug 2015 at 6:53 PM.
Default 228 Milky Way Lane (Collensworth)
This house, orginally 'Bonny Bungalow', was renovated by marka93

The Collensworth Residence.

1 Story
2 Bedrooms and 1.5 Bathrooms
3x2 lot
§28,273
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:49 PM Last edited by Hood Building Group : 31st Aug 2015 at 6:54 PM.
Default 77 Road to Andromeda (Atkins)
This house was built by Jawusa

The Atkins Residence.

2 Stories
1 Bedroom and 2 Bathrooms
3x2 lot
§42,384
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:51 PM Last edited by Hood Building Group : 31st Aug 2015 at 6:55 PM.
Default 30 Pinwheel End (Lari)
This house was built by M.M.A.A.

The Lari Residence.

1 Story
1 Bedroom and 1.5 Bathrooms
3x2 lot
§36,976
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:54 PM Last edited by Hood Building Group : 31st Aug 2015 at 6:56 PM.
Default 1127 Sombrero Highway (Spurlock)
This house was built by HugeLunatic

The Spurlock Residence.

1 Story
2 Bedrooms and 1 Bathroom
3x2 lot
§28,273
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:57 PM Last edited by Hood Building Group : 31st Aug 2015 at 7:12 PM.
Default Galactic Gas Station
This community lot was built by M.M.A.A.
The Galactic Gas Station: Just your run-of-the-mill Gas Station, where your basic needs can be met at our facilities while your vehicle is being pumped. What? You were expecting to find some mysterious galactic wonders in here? Nonsense, this is just a gas station like any other.
Note to our shoppers: UFOs must be parked out in the back of the store.
3x2 lot
§100,356
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 12:16 AM
This is going to be my Strangetown downtown or shopping district... I cant wait to go play... In my game I'm making one of the sims a teenage sim... Just for fun! I've added this download as a regular neighborhood first... So I kind of know whats up but I cant wait to find out more!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 1:13 AM
nice job!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 7:43 AM
You guys are really terrible - and delightful. Somehow, somewhere, I have to find time to play all your hoods! This one again is far too tempting to resist! Thank you You are adding many hours of fun to my life.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 3:55 PM
Great!!! Nice Building Hood Team ! ! !
Theorist
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 5:41 PM
Thanks! Can't wait to play. Have a question though. How do you change parent using simblender?
Mad Poster
#16 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 6:24 PM
@Duine
You have to wait till they are toddler age and teleport the sim to the lot and you can change it with the Sim Blender, even the dead can be done this way they will just fade away after you un-pause the game that is.

For the dead you need to keep the lot paused until it is done.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
THANKS POST
#17 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 10:11 PM
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 10:50 PM
No! Every time I stop playing Sims, people go and make things I want to test out. Sims is so additive. Always thought to add Sedona as a secondary town to Strangetown but I'm so unimaginative. I love this.
Edit: The aliens who abducted them were women aliens right? Thats what it sounds like. Lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 11:50 PM
Great!! You can make Waterside?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 11:54 PM
***SPOILERS AHEAD***

Don't read this or look at my photos if you don't wanna know what happens.

Thank you to all you guys involved in making this 'hood. I'm already having lots of fun with it. I've attached it as a shopping district to my Strangetown. I think their storylines will merge nicely with the others there. This is a really cool concept and I love that you made it CC free, and available as subhoods. It was so quick and easy to install it and start playing.

I like what you did with the "hidden" lot and the neighbourhood deco, but why are there 5 crashed UFOs? Who was in the 5th?

So, in my game, this is what's happened so far...

Jared Spurlock got himself a job in the criminal career track and gave birth to twins Cygnus and Titan. Their names are astronomy music references: Rush “Cygnus X-1" and HammerFall "Titan". I haven't decided if fatherhood will change Jared for the better or not? Will he clean up his act, get a more respectable job (say in the music industry), and act as a good father, or will he let his irresponsibility get the better of him and have the twins taken away?

Phil Collensworth got a job in the science career track and gave birth to twins Phobos and Deimos (moons of Mars, picked solely for astronomical reference). Just before he gave birth he had a culinary accident that caused a fire. The fireman was putting it out while he went into labour and then stuck around to watch! (There's a photo, but it's a low quality in-game pic, sorry) You'll see the still smoking pan in the photo of him and Deimos.

Tarek Lari started a tiny telescope shop in his front garden while he was pregnant (now that is a challenge - running a business while pregnancy drags all your motives down rapidly!) and he's already at rank 2. He gave birth to twin girls Sterling and Darsek. (Brownie points for folk who guess where their names came from). Can Tarek juggle his parental responsibilities with his growing business dreams?

And finally Aaron Atkins also gave birth to twins (funny that ) called Venus and Castor. Venus is the goddess of love and naming the boy was hard, so I chose Castor for it's reference not only to astronomy but the maxis pun of Castor Nova.

The baby clothes in my photos are by fakepeeps7 and can be found here.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ulises Andrés I
Great!! You can make Waterside?

Waterside is part of my recreation of Riverside, the Ross, Baxter and the Thompson are from Waterside. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=503756

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 5:29 AM
Yes, i know. But it is who thought you could recreate Waterside. The terrain is in the game and is called sample. And it could be used to guide the walkthrought of Tim LeTourneau where it plays with Waterside and Baxter. In addition to the photo of the neighborhood that appears at the beginning of the game. http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...=20110102233333
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...=20130712200545
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 9:16 AM
I've been on this site for a few years and use quite a bit of the stuff I download from here on a regular basis, but this is my first download I've officially favorited, and by far the most deserving of such.

All four houses are in different styles of architectural style and decoration.
All four Sims are different, yet bound together by something in common.
The gas station community lot is exactly what I would think of for a small place in the middle of nowhere, and as close to some of the actual ones that exist that could be made using only base game items.

When my only gameplay hiccup was throwing a party at Jared Spurlock's house and two people got stuck in the bathroom due to its size and shape (fixed by adding another door between the bathroom and the bedroom), and that's my only critique–that's excellent work.

Overall, proof that less is more and simple is best, since there are no extra bin or fluff families to bloat things up (I used a technique so the neighborhood would spawn without townies and such). If I were to grade this: A+!
Space Pony
#24 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 10:20 PM
Thank you for the hood, added it to be as my shopping district, love that there are only 4 households, and the story is great

Quote: Originally posted by Nessa Narmolanya
***SPOILERS AHEAD***

Don't read this or look at my photos if you don't wanna know what happens.

I only wish you would of put those pics and description under spoiler tag, could not pass your post without seeing something.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 1:44 AM Last edited by jaytee95 : 9th Sep 2015 at 10:05 PM.
Redacted.
Page 1 of 3