Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 9:52 PM
fears:
paranormal activity at home
end of the world prediction (makes me anxious every time even though I know they are not true)
complications during my grandma's minor operation she is having tomorrow
big rollercoasters
losing someone
wasps and sometimes bees

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 10:35 PM
Escalators. They freak me out.
Inventor
#28 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
Escalators. They freak me out.

they used to scare me, too. not the going up, but the coming down. they don't bother me as much now, but I still have to put one foot on them carefully.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Theorist
#29 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 11:14 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 7th Jul 2015 at 9:08 PM.
Yet another Lot upload that has the stove next to the refrigerator.
Yet another Lot upload that has the toilet next to and facing the bathroom door, so the door won't close when a Sim uses the toilet. (Even though there are at least 3 other squares that could accommodate the toilet. Also see next item, below.)
Yet another Lot upload that has a 4x4, 16-square bathroom, or larger, that only contains a toilet, sink and shower. (With the toilet next to and facing the door, so the door won't close when a Sim uses the toilet.)
Yet another Lot upload where the kitchen is twice as large as the living room.
Yet another Lot upload that has a dining table that can seat 10, but it's only a 2 bedroom house. (Or, worse, vice-versa.)
Yet another Lot upload that has siding or paneling as the first floor walls, and brick, block or stone as the second floor walls.
Yet another Lot upload of a modern or ultra-modern house that has a red brick fireplace chimney sticking out the back.

Etc., etc.
I live in fear.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 11:18 PM
...the claws that grab, the teeth that bite..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#31 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
Yet another Lot upload that has the stove next to the refrigerator.
I live in fear.

Many, many apartments and houses I've visited or lived in had the stove up against the fridge...
Scholar
#32 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe
Many, many apartments and houses I've visited or lived in had the stove up against the fridge...

*Shakes head disapproovingly*

Afraid that oneday icecream would only be a thing of the past
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
...the claws that grab, the teeth that bite..

Indeed. Bloody toddlers.
Theorist
#34 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 3:26 AM
Rooms with a lot of pipes and I sometimes don't like shelves. I always think I will knock myself out.

And unstable heights, like ladders, where I think I can fall down every second. I've no problem with planes and high levels in (apartment) buildings. So, no real fear of heights and watching that Swiss guy last year jumping from several kilometers in the air/space (via YT) > no problem.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Theorist
#35 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 5:49 AM
High speed assembly machines and mining drills. A predatory animal may decide to have mercy on you, or that you're not worth chasing. A ghost may not even understand what you are if it sees you. You can get a restraining order on people who bother you. Spiders can be stomped. An assembly machine is not going to care if you've got your eyelid caught on one of its sharp appendages, and though you're now being rapidly torn open and turned inside out the machine is not going to care about the feelings of a flesh creature.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 6:02 AM Last edited by Thranduil Oropherion : 7th Jul 2015 at 8:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
You can get a restraining order on people who bother you.

Not until they've actually turned up and knocked on your door you can't. That's what's so disturbing, you can't do a thing until they are actually in your face. The cops don't care that someone is upsetting your loved ones, or is lying about you, or telling you what they want you to do to them when they finally get you in the sack via every means of communication possible. They only care if and when that person finally turns up with the 12 bore, the lube and a sick grin on 'it's' face.

I'm not downgrading your fear at all, it's not in me to do that I swear - but all I'm saying is that some people are not that easy to get rid if they stay technically within the bounds of the law.
Theorist
#37 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 8:09 AM
You're telling me that all the restraining orders against me aren't valid? That's shocking news, then again they're all from my mother. Don't worry, I was attempting "edgy," not having thought of restraining orders seriously because I've never been stalked, unless we're talking about celery. Anyway, anyone who is stalking and knows they're doing it and destroying a person's sense of safety, I would say that that person is committing assault. If there's no law to address that, it needs more attention so that there can be steps taken.
Theorist
#38 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 3:30 PM
Stumbled upon this one time.
Trypophobia (fear of holes). If you search Google Images for it, be aware that what is seen cannot be unseen. Very disturbing.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
You're telling me that all the restraining orders against me aren't valid? That's shocking news, then again they're all from my mother. Don't worry, I was attempting "edgy," not having thought of restraining orders seriously because I've never been stalked, unless we're talking about celery. Anyway, anyone who is stalking and knows they're doing it and destroying a person's sense of safety, I would say that that person is committing assault. If there's no law to address that, it needs more attention so that there can be steps taken.

"Valid" - yes. But think about it; your evidence has convinced the authorities that a person is crazy and/or dangerous, so they have now said "OK crazy/dangerous person, don't come near your victim or we will arrest you". That threat often does not STOP the crazy from doing whatever, it just means that if they do come around you, and you report it, they will try to find them and arrest them - maybe.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#40 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 3:27 PM Last edited by tsyokawe : 8th Jul 2015 at 5:20 PM.
@Thranduil Oropherion

I have such a crush on your avatar, that I've gone and found a large image of Thranduil, and set him as the background on my computer. :lovestruc

creepy, yes?
I wonder if the moderator will move this to the Online Stalker - Ever had one? thread.
Screenshots
#41 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
"Valid" - yes. But think about it; your evidence has convinced the authorities that a person is crazy and/or dangerous, so they have now said "OK crazy/dangerous person, don't come near your victim or we will arrest you". That threat often does not STOP the crazy from doing whatever, it just means that if they do come around you, and you report it, they will try to find them and arrest them - maybe.

True. Restraining orders don't protect you. And it is a big maybe that the cops will do something.

Think of restraining orders as more of a hunting license.

It establishes that you were in fear of your life and the court agreed you were in danger from the person.

Sadly, tho, people can lie to get one and there is nothing you can do about it. I knew a guy who was sitting in his chair watching TV, and the cops came by and pulled him out of his own house and threw him on the street in his underwear. His wife got a restraining order against him and he didn't know. Basically, she was going to divorce him and she wanted the house. Divorce courts almost always go with the status quo, so if he's not living there any longer, his claim for the house is not likely to be granted.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#42 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe
@Thranduil Oropherion I have such a crush on your avatar, that I've gone and found a large image of Thranduil, and set him as the background on my computer. :lovestruc

:lovestruc
Scholar
#43 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stitch_too
they used to scare me, too. not the going up, but the coming down. they don't bother me as much now, but I still have to put one foot on them carefully.

Yes, exactly that! I'm slightly better, but I have to take a deep breath and step on it very carefully...
Inventor
#44 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
Yes, exactly that! I'm slightly better, but I have to take a deep breath and step on it very carefully...

if there's one thing about escalators I refuse to do, that's to walk up or down them while they're moving. well, it's the coming down bit. anyway, what's the point of walking up or down them, when they move and take you up or down?

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 7:14 AM Last edited by Thranduil Oropherion : 10th Jul 2015 at 7:33 AM.
if there's one thing about escalators I refuse to do, that's to walk up or down them while they're moving. well, it's the coming down bit. anyway, what's the point of walking up or down them, when they move and take you up or down?

Have any of you had the 'pleasure' of the escalators at Paris Charles De Gaulle airport? They ..... bounce! The first time I felt it I thought I'd overdone it with the in-flight wine ...
Forum Resident
#46 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 7:31 AM
Bounce? That's like the jelly castle one of my pre-university coursemates daydreamed about. The same classmate freaked out whenever she was in a lift. I can understand why, but I'm not scared of lifts that work.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#47 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheOriginalFive
Bounce? That's like the jelly castle one of my pre-university coursemates daydreamed about. The same classmate freaked out whenever she was in a lift. I can understand why, but I'm not scared of lifts that work.

Yes, you feel a curious bouncing motion through your feet ... It's a little startling when you first feel it but as with so many things in life, the novelty soon wears off after about ten minutes - the escalators there go on for a long time.
Inventor
#48 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
Have any of you had the 'pleasure' of the escalators at Paris Charles De Gaulle airport? They ..... bounce! The first time I felt it I thought I'd overdone it with the in-flight wine ...

No. Ive never been outside england. dont have a passport and im scared to fly, especially after 9/11.

Ps, going to wales doesnt count.

Scholar
#49 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 1:52 PM
No. Ive never been outside england. dont have a passport and im scared to fly, especially after 9/11.

Ps, going to wales doesnt count.

But...but flying is so fun! The plane goes WOOSH, and you go WEEEEE! I always get this crazy creepy smile during landing, (sometimes I scare myself). Planes are cool (and kind of cold too). Really as long as you avoid the toilets, and there aren't any whiney children or smelly people near you its quite nice.

Seriously though, the chances of something going wrong on a plane is so much less than in a car, you shouldn't worry. Plane hijackings could happen at any time and anywhere, but they rarely happen. That shouldn't stop you from travelling by plane and enjoying yourself.

*hands you paper plane for fun*
Inventor
#50 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 6:50 PM
@Noa1500 knowing my luck, the planed get hijacked if i boarded it! Lol

*accepts paper plane and draws pretty patterns on it* thank u.

Page 2 of 4