Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Kinder Beds - Maxis Add-Ons

by Michelle Posted 2nd Jul 2015 at 1:23 PM

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 4:26 PM
These are nice. Thank you :)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 4:31 PM
I love the potty trainer recolor!
I have always thought it did not match anything at all xD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 6:20 PM
Nice work! Finally I can coordinate my sims' nurseries! XD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 8:20 PM
As usual you have made a lovely set with the recolors and with slaving items to the set. With your creations the whole is definitly more than the sum of its parts. Thanks again. Have you given any thought to including the Maxis bunk beds in this set?
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 12:09 AM
These are fantastic Michelle!!!! What a fabulous idea, and thankyou for sharing!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 1:14 AM
Michelle, you are seriously on a roll with the add-ons. Love these! Thank you!
Banned
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 4:07 PM
We can make prison beds!
But before I download, what does 'slaved' mean?
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 1:57 AM
@ Aaron4Ever, basically a slaved object gets it's colours from something else. In the case of the bed frame slaved to the crib any colours you have for the crib will show up for the bed frame.

QUOTE: by JWoods.

A “Slave Object” is one which relies on another object (Repository Object) for its texture related files.

A “Repository Object” is a central object containing all of the “texture related” files needed for an entire set of objects.

“What is the benefit of using the repository feature?” Using this feature allows for “lighter” packages, easy 1 step “full set” re-coloring and, an “efficient” way to perfectly match all the pieces in your set by using the Repository texture(s).

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 10:39 AM
This is a really cool add-on... like always! :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 11:16 PM
I'm loveing these add-ons your been creating :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 3:18 PM
I love the beds thank you !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 4:21 AM
I have Sims on 4 computers (I travel a lot), and all my downloads folders have "Michelle" files.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 8:45 AM
I search for toddler beds, and a familiar name comes up! Brill as always, Michelle, thanks very much!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 8:02 AM
Thanks for this!It should help with those toddlers.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 5:55 PM
These are great! I use them all the time. Thank you :)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 12:33 AM
You explained what "slaved" means, but I'm still completely lost. Does it mean that it doesn't have different colours for the frame/bedding and it'll basically snap to whatever colour the crib is?
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 7:23 AM
@nickgirdy55 - it means that like the crib you will have 2 subset the frame and the bedding and like the crib you can mix and match the frame and bedding colours. As it is slaved any extra colours of the crib frame or bedding you have in your game will show up for these beds as well, if you download the "TheKinderToddlerBed-FrameSlaved-CribBedding-MESH-ByMichelle.zip".
If you download the "TheKinderBeds-FrameSlaved-MaxisBedding-MESH-ByMichelle.zip" the frame will pick up all the colours you have of the crib frame and you will be able to use any Maxis bedding you have in your game, instead of the crib bedding.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 2:43 PM
hello michelle! first i'm a big fan of your work. i'm sorry to bother you but i rebuilt my downloads folder recently, and for some reasons, the kinder upper bed, the kinder toddler bed ans the double kinder bed don't appear in my game anymore, the only one who shows up is the single bed. I don't really understand why, they appeared fine before. do you have any idea why that would be? thanks in advance!