Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 2:19 PM
My Cassandra story begins with her marriage and don runs away from the it. She catches him and attack and won the fight. Mortimer kicked him out and asks everybody to leave. The only person who stays is Darren and he tries to make her feel better. Then she runs away with him to the woodland park and there she cries even more but she is not immune to the chemistry between them that they share their first kiss then she runs ways from him and leaves him alone because she is so confused and divided all of a sudden. While going home Darren is so inspired that he decide to paint a portrait of cassandra by memory.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 4:13 PM
I tried the traditional things; marrying her to Don; having him run off and marrying her to Darren; having her move to the attic and paint and be lonely. My favorite has been to marry her to Don, have him impregnate her, and then having him move back to his old home & continue being a man-whore, but coming home long enough to visit his kids and woo hoo with Cass (making more kids). He is happy, she is happy (although I do have to admit rather clueless) and their marriage seems to work this way.
Instructor
#28 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 7:17 PM
Well, my Cassandra has quite a big role in the story I had in mind (although I kinda of abandoned the project because it turned out to be unconsciously too similar to other Sim stories around), and she would end up with a Servo build for her by Mortimer, while in my very first idea she would have married Nervous Subject because imho they're a perfect match (then I didn't have patience to deal with the Strangetown characters, since I've already had around 15 families to take care of, and I just dropped the idea).
Anyway, in my vanilla game she didn't have much luck.
Don left her at the altar because I think he's much more better with Nina, while she deserves a Sim that can love her and be uncoditionally faithful to her... So, she finally got married to Darren and they had their first kid, Samuel. When she was pregnant with their second child, a stupid lightning set a tree on fire and, as smart as se was, she staid there panicking instead of calling the firefighters. She died shortly after, right in front of her poor son.
Her ashes are in the Goth Chapel in Green Gothier Lawns, but intially she was buried next to Darleen Dreamer.
Darren was cursed, I guess.
Scholar
#29 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 10:55 PM
It depends on which iteration I was playing with!

In my very first Pleasantview, she broke off the engagement with Don, and instead married a townie; I can't remember his name now, but IIRC she got pregnant with twins. They stayed in the Goth mansion so Alexander could claim his inheritance upon graduation, but she moved into the master bedroom after Mortimer died. I stopped playing them not long after the babies were born.

In mmy current one, I gave her a makeover before anything else, but this time she married Don, had her first child, then moved into a house just down the road from her parents' place. After falling pregnant a second time, she decided to quit her job in Science and study for a Biology degree to get into Medicine. Now that the twins are born (yes, she managed twins again) she's juggling motherhood with study. However, the marriage itself is on shaky ground - divorce isn't 100% certain, but there's a possibility they'll break up once the children are older...

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Scholar
#30 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 6:22 AM
Way back in Sims 1, when she never grew up, Mortimer died saving her and Bella from a kitchen fire. Bella was completely clueless about money, which all her life had just been there, and the family eventually found themselves in pretty dire straits financially. Bella met a young man who was supposed to be a soldier or retired soldier (can't remember now if there was a military career in Sims 1 or if that was just head canon), but she was never, ever in a good enough mood to marry him. I felt very bad for poor little Cass, so of course when I first played her in TS2 I couldn't let the left-at-the-altar scene play out.

Instead, not knowing any better, I decided Mortimer saw the heartbreak Don would give her, so he moved the family to another neighbourhood, complete with their mansion. I'd wanted them to have all their gravestones and ghosts, but of course those didn't survive the move. Anyway, Cassandra married Pascal Curious (who had also moved there complete with his observatory), with whom she had two children, Cornelia and Simis, as well as her alien stepson, George, to care for, and was very happy. Don, meanwhile stayed in Pleasantview, where he married a townie named Andrea Hogan, who eventually caught him cheating and threw him out to die in lonely poverty.

I've also had her marry Don and move into that ridiculously badly built castle with a moat. They had a little girl named Isabella, and a completely useless butler who left mouldy food lying around for hours and only cooked when there was nobody around to eat it - then had the nerve to get all offended and insist he was perfectly capable of doing all the work when Cass hired a maid. Don soon got tired of this domestic bliss and moved out, after which Cassandra and Isabella moved to a more manageable property.

In my current Greater Pleasantview, she's been left at the altar by Don and will soon be marrying Darren - I think. I thought it would have happened by now, but they're both dragging their feet a bit.

I always change her hair, and in the current version Bella has moved back in with Mortimer and persuaded her daughter to wear some more cheerful colours and stop hiding behind those enormous glasses. This may be why Cassandra is taking her time to consider her possible marriage to Darren, as she's busy rediscovering herself and getting over her 'poor abandoned little me' mentality.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 10:56 AM
I did not do much with Cassandra - the Sims in Pleasantview just did not appeal to me, and I did not stick around there, although I quite liked Mortimer. Cassandra did marry Benjamin Long, who is a knowledge Sim and a rather cute one, although a bit on the lazy side. I did not go back to Pleasantview after that (I was quite close to drowning Don in a pool without a ladder. I actually tried - the bastard was too fit and it took too long, so I just left him there swimming and exited Pleasantview for good

That was all a long time ago and in a vanilla game, and long before I knew about mods and uberhoods. I have to say that Cassandra, as I remember her, would suit Pascal Curious very well! (I am rather fond of the Curious brothers).
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 10:17 PM
I played her so long ago (10 years) I couldn't remember but looked up an old blog. Cassandra caught Don cheating with Nina Caliente and broke up with him. Darren Dreamer proposed and they got married. Cassandra was in the medical career. She and Darren had two kids - Regis and Ophelia. Cassandra was only 68 when she died (Darren had died by then). She had a pretty uneventful life. I didn't find her particularly interesting to play.
Inventor
#33 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 2:45 AM
This was a few years ago but when I was playing Pleasantview, I decided to play the Goth house for a change. Don left Cassandra, and Cassandra was devastated of course. Then I moved over to the Dreamer house and went with what the game was telling me to do and paired them up. They got married, Dirk was in college, and they moved out of Goth manor into that Goth-esque Victorian house in the lot bin. They had two children together, Elizabeth and Henry. Cassandra reached the top of her career track while Darren stayed home. I didn't change her hairstyle but I did change her makeup. Overall she was alright to play with, she had a pretty normal life.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 4:40 AM
I don't really know where I fall when it comes to "favorite" characters in the sims. I tend to think of them more in terms of family groups, and all the families have qualities I like and qualities I don't. Cassandra has never been my favorite, but she's also never been a sim I really drag my heels to get to in the rotation. I remember playing her family in the Sims 1. I was much more interested in playing her parents, though, as I've always been a Morticia/Gomez fan, and Mortimer and Bella are obvious parallels. In the Sims 2, of which I've played many different iterations, I've done lots with her! I always change her hair, though I always have her keep wearing glasses, even if they're not the circular ones she starts out with. I've had her get abandoned at the altar by Don, I've had her marry him, I've had her marry Darren Dreamer, I've had her marry Don and then Darren, complete with Don's twins and later Darren's twins (In my game she always has twins for some reason?). This time around, though, she married Don, moved in with him, and then caught him cheating. Three times. The third time, she caught him with Kaylynn Langerak, her baby brother's nanny, and she just had to call it quits. So she was single for a while, even had a brief dalliance with Nathan Gavigan, before marrying that blond downtownie with messy hair and green glasses. She had identical twin daughters with him named Isadora and Mathilde, and is currently raising them both with him in a renovated Goth manor. She's disillusioned with marriage and fidelity, and has been caught kissing another man by her husband. They're trying to work it out.

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Test Subject
#35 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 5:51 PM
I've had many iterations of Pleasantview in my game, and what I always used to do was have her marry Don, have one child, always a son, named Ben, and then catch him cheating and divorce him, and then marry Darren and have another baby or two with him. Only once did that change slightly by having her stay with Don and raise their daughters together. But they have 0 chemistry so I don't like doing that. I never used to find her that interesting, and was a bit of a chore to play and get through to be honest. I always change her hair and outfit, but I keep the glasses because they are iconic after all...

The last time I played I changed it up and had her marry Lazlo Curious and they had 3 very cute children together in a nice house.

That game got lost though and now in my current game, I did my usual of having her marry Don, have little Ben, and then catch him cheating. But this time I'd resurrected Darleen so Darren was taken. She moved into a little house with Ben and then I decided she would feel so betrayed by Don she wouldn't want or need a man in her life again and so though she has certain friends (with benefits) she doesn't feel the need to get married to anyone and enjoys being a single mum (inspired by the fact she never seems to get engagement/marriage wants any more). She still got a want to have another baby, so I had her adopt a child herself, a little toddler named Arthur, and is raising her two boys absolutely fine on her own thank you very much and I honestly think this is my favourite version of Cassandra Goth ever.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 6:15 PM
When I was younger, I used to alternate between getting her and Don married long enough to satisfy wants and have a child before separating them (Cassie having developed such a motherly obsession with her child that she no longer cares about Don) and then another scenario in which Cassie becomes so consumed with her father's wellbeing that she neglects her own love life and attempts to kill Dina. I also played in which Dina and Cass start out hating each other but eventually come around to each other and Dina offers her advice that leads her to dump her Don infatuation, benefiting both the women of course (I see you, Dina).
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I did not do much with Cassandra - the Sims in Pleasantview just did not appeal to me, and I did not stick around there, although I quite liked Mortimer. Cassandra did marry Benjamin Long, who is a knowledge Sim and a rather cute one, although a bit on the lazy side. I did not go back to Pleasantview after that (I was quite close to drowning Don in a pool without a ladder. I actually tried - the bastard was too fit and it took too long, so I just left him there swimming and exited Pleasantview for good

That was all a long time ago and in a vanilla game, and long before I knew about mods and uberhoods. I have to say that Cassandra, as I remember her, would suit Pascal Curious very well! (I am rather fond of the Curious brothers).

In my Base-Game Uberhood;
I had her marry Don once, who (using InTeen) used birth control to prevent getting her pregnant. After finding it hidden somewhere in the house, Cassandra gets frustrated and calls one of her co-workers, Pascal Curious. They have a one-night stand, where Cassandra gets pregnant. Don's pissed about it, naturally, but acts happy. He thinks its his baby until this baby is born... with Pascal's blue eyes. Cassandra has some explaining to do, and eventually breaks up with Don to be with Pascal anyway.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 11:16 PM
-I have played Cassie so many times, but her story tends to usually be the same.

To me, she doesn't care much for her own fortune. She was a neglected child and has always longed for real love. Occasionally I make her stick it out with Don, he has a turn-around and becomes a terrific father and husband. Other times her and Darren get hitched, although their marriage always seemed stale, like they were just settling. Cassie's life is over-glamorized and I feel nobody knows the true extent of her emotional pain.
Alchemist
#39 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 11:22 PM
in past times playing, paired Cassandra with either Don Lothario or Darren Dreamer.

this time playing; plan to pair her with Don. and perhaps later transgender them to Dawn & Casander.
Test Subject
#40 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 1:57 AM
This time I was honestly planning to marry her to Don When Don was visiting, they woohooed autonomously (thanks to ACR), there was lullaby sound and I thought “Ok, guys, you’re definitely getting married tomorrow”. But two hours later Don evidently was caught by Cassie in some romantic interaction with Dina (Dina Goth by that time, btw)… I was controlling Mortimer and Alex on the 3rd floor when I got the pop-up window in my right lower corner, went there and saw Cassandra delivering slaps to Don’s face and Dina wiping away tears. Then Don started shoving his fiancée... And my reaction was — “Oh no, man, you don’t get away with raising a hand on a lady” So I decided Cassie had enough and broke them up. Then Joseph was born, then I married Cassie off to Darren as usual and a little later they had daughter Dana.
Scholar
#41 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 10:18 AM
well in my current pleasantview neighborhood she is married to malcolm landgraab and has a son...called malcolm landgraab V and shes heavily pregnant now.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Forum Resident
#42 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 3:13 PM
Cassandra IS a person that things happen 'to' as it were - but that's not necessarily a bad thing. She's stubborn. As a pig. In my game, she's determined (but in the wrong direction), foolish (and kind), and what I affectionately refer to as 'a hot mess.' She's learning in short, and playing her is always especially fulfilling for me because she's a character who can really grow. Angela Pleasant on the other hand, peaks in high school. Life is usually downhill from there, with pregnancies (both planned and unplanned) and semi-making it through college. But not Cassandra - she's a grown up who learns to BE grown up.
Instructor
#43 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 4:02 PM
After Don left her at the altar, she got twins after being abducted and just one child with Darren, she believed she could only have one child with each guy. So she got another child with Dirk, while Dirk's wife Lilith got a child with Darren. It was a messed up family which became boring after the youngest toddler became a child and nothing messed up happened afterwards.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 7:05 PM
Currently, and this is something very weird for me because I normally do not care about townies and NPCs, she is head over heels for the household butler, Nathan Mayers, and the feeling is mutual. They are three-bolters, mind you, and they are so cute together that they give me cavities. One of my favourites pairings up to now, and they have barely pecked each other on the lips! They are both very shy, so you might imagine how they "charm" each other. It is the most adorable thing ever! Made for each other! Although, Cassandra is still having a harsh time in dealing with Dina and her pregnancy and with her failed wedding, which means that Nathan will have to be patient. For some reason, she wants children but she has not been rolling wants related to their relationship save for plenty of romantic interactions. I think commitment is not on her mind for now. Cassandra is a character I enjoy playing, honestly. She is about to move out because of her terrible relationship with Dina. There is a nice apartment in Downtown she has her eye on. Darren is still in love with her, but Cassandra is yet to show interest. She is behaving different. In the past, my Cassandras used to want to start a family ASAP, but this time, she seems to be taking her time. I LOVE IT.

As for what is special about her, well, now I picture her as the calm woman who is good at concealing her emotions. If she has to focus on other things to move on, then so be it. And being a person like me, who is just the opposite of that, this particular quality of Cassandra is something I truly admire.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 1st May 2018 at 4:12 PM
I honestly imagine her as being good at concealing her emotions but a turbulent mess on the inside....

Mainly because LOOK AT THIS GIRL'S FAMILY

Her father's a mad scientist, her mother was implied to have some sort of magical connections in Makin Magic/Bustin out, there's the graves of her dead relatives in the backyard, and it seems as though this family hasn't heard of any colors other than red and black... because thats all they wear.

My point being, she's probably got some issues to work out and in my games tends to have a sadistic streak... Like being plain evil to Don after he leaves her at the altar. I mean, the influence of her family and she's as innocent as she seems? Nope. She's just as messed up as the rest of them, just hides it.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 1st May 2018 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MischeM6
...She moved into a little house with Ben and then I decided she would feel so betrayed by Don she wouldn't want or need a man in her life again....

Hehehehehe... I take that further and if Don leaves her at the altar, she wonders what it'd be like to date a woman and ends up marrying the sim i pair her with (a CAS sim whose genetics are actually compatible with hers)
Alchemist
#47 Old 1st May 2018 at 11:17 PM
genetic compatibility? personality/zodiac seems to fit that.
hair color; only if in turn-ons/turn-offs.
skin color, eye color; not an issue in shipped version.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 5th May 2018 at 6:30 PM Last edited by gazania : 5th May 2018 at 11:56 PM.
I tend to be kind to Cassandra ... maybe because she seems to be a misfit. I see her raised in a constricted household, haunted by ghosts (who fortunately for her, are now in another lot!), and not always Casper-like ghosts. She seems a little lost to me initially, and Don provides her with hope, even if it's false hope.

UNTIL she wises up. I will not have Cassandra sit around and be a moping victim. She deserves better than that.

She gets a makeover (still casual and not conventional, but the hair and dress has gotta go), ditches Don at the arch (he's a horndog), and later marries one of my Sims. Sometimes, she moves out before she marries and lives by herself for a while. It depends on my mood. And she perma-plats.

In the present iteration, she has a husband who cares about her and refuses to fool around (even with ACR and a naughty mod or two). He loves her utterly. She has two daughters; one who just graduated from Uni. The elder daughter is engaged to Dirk Dreamer (they are long-time friends). The second daughter is a teen and ready to enter Uni herself. Cassie and Darren are good friends and visit frequently, but they're just close friends. Cassie has no desire to break up Darren's marriage to his second wife, and he has no desire to break up Cassie's marriage to her husband.

Cassie is happy. And I like making her happy.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 5th May 2018 at 8:13 PM Last edited by HarVee : 8th May 2018 at 5:15 PM.
What makes her special to me is her links to Greek mythology.

The name Cassandra is that of the daughter of the Greek mythological queen named Hecuba (To which one of Goth Sr families cats in The Sims 1 Unleashed was named after). Cassandra was also known under the name of Alexandra. Alexander, Cassandra's brother, has the male version of this name. As most know Alexander was the name of the Macedon Empire ruler which famously conquered Egypt.

In Greek mythology Apollo granted to Cassandra prophetic abilities, but then when Cassandra refused him, Apollo had cursed Cassandra and made it so no one would believe her prophecies even if said prophecies were true. In that she became associated with tragedy. As most know, in The Sims 2 the default Maxis story dictates that under certain circumstances Cassandra Goth suffers great tragedy if her engagement with Don Lothario falters.

Basically Maxis' story between Don and Cassandra can be interpreted as a reiterated version of this Greek mythological tale, with a few creative liberties.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#50 Old 8th May 2018 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
genetic compatibility? personality/zodiac seems to fit that.
hair color; only if in turn-ons/turn-offs.
skin color, eye color; not an issue in shipped version.

Not what I mean. usually when I pair her with a pre-made their children look like living nightmares lol

So I've designed certain sims with genetics that are compatible with certain premades (Darren Dreamer, Cassandra Goth, Circe Beaker, etc..) and create decent-looking kiddos
Page 2 of 3