Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Put Books Away Mod v6

by scumbumbo Posted 15th Nov 2014 at 5:28 PM - Updated 7th Aug 2015 at 2:51 AM by scumbumbo : Updated for July 9 game patch

105 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 5:36 PM
Thanks very much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 5:36 PM
OMG!!!! thank you!!!!!! it was extemely annoying to have a bookcase in the houses, because books ended up laying everywhere, you've made my day, again, thank you kind person
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 6:17 PM
Thanks alot :-D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 6:29 PM
Thank you sooo much! That has been such an annoyance!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 7:06 PM
Awesome thanks. This was part 1 of my hatred of dealing with books..The libraries were a mess.Solved. Now I wait for part 2 which is a mod to move all the books in the inventory to bookshelf at once.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 8:14 PM
Thank you for fixing the annoying things in my game! :)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 8:15 PM
Excellent!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 8:23 PM
I believe lots of people need it. Thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 8:28 PM
How did you get to be soooo Friggen Awesome!!! Lol
Thanks for this mod.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 8:31 PM
Thank you! Much needed!
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 9:49 PM
Thanks for this, but I have noticed two similar types of glitches since putting this mod in that I have never seen before. First was a sim I sent to water a plant. She got stuck, just standing there watering the plant endlessly. I had to force her to stop, the game crashed a few seconds later. Next was during a visit to the nightclub. The bar staff started cleaning the bar, and likewise just got stuck doing that endlessly. I'll remove this mod and see if it happens again. It could just be a freak coincidence, yet I have never seen this glitch before today.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 10:55 PM
THANK YOU, a thousand times, thank you!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 10:56 PM
thank you
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 12:36 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 1:24 AM
OMG This is literally the best scripting fix yet! I hate how sims read so much and then just leave the books lying around the house! You the real MVP!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 3:43 AM
lol if this was a read fully mod, id dl it but i like haveing unfinished books lying around. so I can finish them
Deceased
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Thanks for this, but I have noticed two similar types of glitches since putting this mod in that I have never seen before. First was a sim I sent to water a plant. She got stuck, just standing there watering the plant endlessly. I had to force her to stop, the game crashed a few seconds later. Next was during a visit to the nightclub. The bar staff started cleaning the bar, and likewise just got stuck doing that endlessly. I'll remove this mod and see if it happens again. It could just be a freak coincidence, yet I have never seen this glitch before today.

I've seen or heard of sims getting stuck like that from day one, so I think you just had a run of bad luck. The script is the same one that's in the Keep Instruments In Inventory mod, so it's been around for a while and the XML tuning would only affect what happens immediately after reading a book. I will keep my eyes open though!

A friend of mine had a sim who got stuck in a loop baking a cake, eating a piece, getting up and getting another piece, until she finished the cake and then started baking another and eating that one. He let it run a while and she started getting overweight and depressed about it - her answer to that was of course to eat more cake!

I had a very similar instance happen in my game, a sim who got hungry, went to the fridge and got a plate of cookies from a batch in there, set it down, went back and got another cookie and continued until she'd emptied the fridge of cookies. There were plates all over the place, but at least she didn't eat them all! I put them all back in the fridge and she started again. Sold the fridge and got a new one and all was back to normal.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 11:39 AM
Thank you, yet another much needed mod and very much appreciated!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 4:03 PM
This is awesome mod! thank you
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#21 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 12:27 AM
i'm enjoying several of your mods... thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 2:21 AM
say thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 2:13 PM
Yay! More fixes for EA silliness. You couldn't have a bookworm without piles of unfinished books all over the place XD...kinda realistic actually.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 1:08 AM
WONDERFUL - love this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 1:15 AM
This is great. Does anyone know if there is something similar for kids toys? I put them the inventory, they take them out and play with them, and then they feel the need to walk down two flights of stairs to put them on the kitchen table when done instead of in the toy box three tiles away, or better yet, back in their inventory where I had originally placed them.
Page 1 of 5