Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 6:21 PM Last edited by bionicle2809 : 14th Mar 2008 at 5:37 PM. Reason: I Found Out What To Do
When I put the game on Sims 2 the game I cloned it from is no longer avalible from the game rack.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 12:32 AM
When I play Sims 2 and tell my sims to play the new video game the screen just flashes blue Can someone please help me?I understand coding and all but this is a problem I need help on.

Muffins,pie,and whip cream.Party dude.
Test Subject
#53 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 6:38 PM
Have You Finished Making The Video's For The Game? Cus I'm Too Lazy To Finish Them And It Just Flashes Blue.
Test Subject
#54 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 6:46 PM
If You Make The Game Cloned By 'SC4' or 'Sims Bustin' Out' ect. (Not 'SSX 3') then make another clone but keep it the same and save it into your downloads folder so you can still perchase the game (If You Get What I Mean).
Test Subject
#55 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 6:12 PM
Well, maybe this is a good tutorial for advanced users, but I don't even manage to do Step 1.
In OW (Object Wizard, right?), i don't find the tab "grouped objects". There are several objects groups there, but I don't find one of the games?? :o
Please, can somebody help me?
Test Subject
#56 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pascal40
Well, maybe this is a good tutorial for advanced users, but I don't even manage to do Step 1.
In OW (Object Wizard, right?), i don't find the tab "grouped objects". There are several objects groups there, but I don't find one of the games?? :o
Please, can somebody help me?

Object Workshop
Test Subject
#57 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 9:16 PM
Nevermind, got it.
Now i'm stuck at Part 2 Step iii... the downloadable file doesnt work on my SimPE. The informations are moved into "UNK", which means "unknown", i think.
My game shows on the counter, and i can click on it at "buy", but that step is missing, so the Game isnt added to my Sim's inventory and he cant play it.
Can someone tell me what exactly to do there?
Test Subject
#58 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 9:57 PM
im a newbie and i did BUT why i go to place it in the game i click across then get the loading icon and i cant exit the game or anything not even down to windows and the game takes ages to load. I myself have a top rage computer ( not gloaing sorry ) and dosent take any were near that time to download

Wheres The Beef?!?!
Test Subject
#59 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 8:03 PM
ok ok,I got it to work,my sims play flight simulator now :D

Muffins,pie,and whip cream.Party dude.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 5:17 PM
Mann i followed everything exactly as you said. Everything looked good at the end. The texture image of my game showed up on the rack, but when i send my sim to go buy the game, the rack isn't even clickable. How do i fix that? Its just rack with no interactions..

could it be that on your Part 2 : "Making the object buyable" when i click "Pie Functions" i don't have "Magazine Rack" mine is named "Videogame rack countertop" but i didn't clone the countertop one i cloned the freestanding game rack.

IN YO FAYCE! =]
Test Subject
#61 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 7:50 PM
im new to this and the pics are just too small, can you make them bigger so i kow where to click?
Test Subject
#62 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 8:04 PM
I get stuck in part 2, for some reason, in SimPE's OW, it won't let me pick an item, so I can't pick the rack, or anything. I had the problem before, I figured out how to fix it, but it won't work anymore. How do I fix this?
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 11:19 AM Last edited by RubberBoy : 21st Jan 2009 at 12:30 PM.
For people using SimPE 0.68 you will find the video games in "Unknown"

Still cant find the free standing rack though

Please note: This account is stolen from my son! I R RubberMan! NOT RubberBoy! Thank you :)

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.
-- Dick Van Dyke
Test Subject
#64 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 1:58 AM
i don't have the regular Sims 2.... I have the Sims 2 Deluxe and it has a Base and EP2 folder, so which one should i install the videogames into?
Test Subject
#65 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 6:17 PM
The SimPE version now is 0.72 and what have shown in this tutorial are different.

Can someone please make another tutorial how to make custom video games like this? I really need to learn how to make one, but I'm having a problem with this tutorial since SimPE is updated and has different GUI.

Please, I really need in this tutorial. I have my own game videos ready. The only thing I need is to make another buyable game and rack.
Test Subject
#66 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 3:28 PM
Hey, just a quick question. Do this work for the sims PC also? And a few pages back, I had a question similar to one of those.

Can the game that I make be modified to up different stats? Like if I made an MMORPG could I alter it to up Social?
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mj_killah
i don't have the regular Sims 2.... I have the Sims 2 Deluxe and it has a Base and EP2 folder, so which one should i install the videogames into?

When you have this, you can still do everything. just substitue "{install directory}\the sims 2\res\...." with "{install directory}\the sims 2 deluxe\ base..." you see, base is the base game folder. EP2 is the nightlife folder, which you might guess is the second expansion pack for the game. if you need to install something in the nightlife folder, just go to EP2 instead. if you have double deluxe like me, then replace "deluxe" with "double deluxe" and use "SP4" for celebration stuff pack.

and i also have a problem.

Quote: Originally posted by mj_killah
......The problem with OFB is simply that you cannot sell custom games in your businesses but they work fine on non-owned community lots......

my problem is that they do NOT work fine on non-owned lots. there are no interactions when you click on it. can someone help me here?
Test Subject
#68 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 1:58 PM Last edited by Juusto423 : 22nd Jan 2010 at 1:28 PM.
Graah! It won't work! I followed the tutorial exactly, but when I go to buy it from the rack, my other testing sim couldn't even click to it and the other could but when he got to the rack, the action disappeared! Help me
Test Subject
#69 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 12:40 PM
gets error every time i click on the display countertop
Field Researcher
#70 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Juusto423
Graah! It won't work! I followed the tutorial exactly, but when I go to buy it from the rack, my other testing sim couldn't even click to it and the other could but when he got to the rack, the action disappeared! Help me

I am having the same problem. Help, anyone?

"I have asked the rocks, but the rocks do not recall. Even the rocks do not recall." -Samos the sage
Test Subject
#71 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 8:23 PM
How do you modify the .ini file? My computer tells me that the filename is incorrect when I try to overwrite it. I'm not trying to make new games but simply put new games to play instead of the default ones. I've already resized the new files to 128x128 and changed the framerate to 15 fps, but the game still plays the .movie files instead of the .avi files I have in the custom folder. I know this thread is old but hopefully someone will be able to help.
Test Subject
#72 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 9:20 PM
Okay, I managed to overwrite the .ini file but to no avail, as the screen on the Sim TV just shows that red X on white background with "vgs_ssx" etc. over it when trying to play the ssx game (which I substituted with another game via .avi files). I had no problem getting custom TV shows and music to work, but for whatever reason it seems impossible to get custom video games to work in place of the original .movie files.
Test Subject
#73 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 5:13 AM
Can you please make another game? The new title of a new game for Sims 2 sims to play that I want in The Sims 2 is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. (NOT OK to remove this post mods or admins)
Site Helper
#74 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 5:44 AM
As HugeLunatic already explained to you, this is not the right place to make requests. In fact, MTS doesn't have anywhere for people to post requests.

If you want to find out whether something already exists, ask in the WCIF forum. If you want to find someone to make something for you, check out our list of creators who are willing to consider requests. DO NOT post requests in this thread; instead, read and follow the rules in the first post.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=392615

You will probably also want to familiarize yourself with the site rules. Reposting when your original post is removed by a moderator is NOT a good idea. The best that you can hope for is that the moderators will just continue to delete your posts.
http://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=63
Test Subject
#75 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 8:10 AM
Default Help
So, I'm trying to make a new buyable videogame in the sims 2 called Battlefield 2, but I don't know how to get the earlier version of SimPE so I don't know how to make it.
Page 3 of 4