Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 1:39 PM
Default Music Glitch
I've noticed a music glitch a few times when loading the game. Two separate loading pieces seem to be playing at the same time, giving the overall impression of something frenzied. Sometimes, restarting the game starts. Today, I went "offline" in Origin, thinking that somehow Origin was involved, but I'm really not sure. That did work, however. I just don't know if it was a coincidence or not.

Thoughts? Has this happened to anyone else?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 1:52 PM
I've had this issue a few times too, with two tracks playing/overlapping. And it usually involves a load screen too It's almost like the game forgot to switch off the loading track when switching to the ingame track.
Restarting the game fixes it, although a little annoying :C At least Sims 4 loads pretty fast! For now..
Scholar
#3 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 2:03 PM
This usually happens to me when I'm browsing the CAS library, if I hang around too long, a second song would start up, then I hear two playing at the same time, I wouldn't say it's a urgent bug, but still needs to be fixed.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 7:31 PM
Same thing happens to me when I load in. I think the second one might be the little tune that plays whenever you load into a new lot, it just seems to start early sometimes.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 10:18 PM
I'm still getting this. Has anyone found a fix? I can't seem to shake it, whether logged in to Origin or not, no matter which family I play, no matter how many times I exit the game and reload.

Scholar
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 10:34 PM
For me it happens after I load a lot. Restarting the game doesn´t always help. Online or offline does not seem to make a difference, but I´m not sure about the last bit.
Alchemist
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I'm still getting this. Has anyone found a fix? I can't seem to shake it, whether logged in to Origin or not, no matter which family I play, no matter how many times I exit the game and reload.

Oh, that's not good. So far, mine resets itself when I close the game and restart. Hope this isn't another big bug cropping up.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 10:39 PM
I found a few threads about it on the official forum via a google search, so it does seem to be a thing. I was really hoping someone had a fix for it. Every now and again, it goes away, so I'm still playing this game.

Inventor
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 10:45 PM
Yep same here. Irritating as hell lol

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Scholar
#10 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 10:45 PM
In the meantime set music volume to 0% if you haven´t already done so. You can still hear voices, sound effects and stereo music.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 10:50 PM
I can do that and I have to when the music is glitched, but the sad part about that is that I really like the Sims 4 music (not the stereo music). Game music is an important part of my enjoyment in any game and this is very disappointing.

Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 12:02 AM
I've noticed a music glitch a few times when loading the game. Two separate loading pieces seem to be playing at the same time, giving the overall impression of something frenzied. Sometimes, restarting the game starts. Today, I went "offline" in Origin, thinking that somehow Origin was involved, but I'm really not sure. That did work, however. I just don't know if it was a coincidence or not.

Thoughts? Has this happened to anyone else?

This has happened to me, and luckily restarting the game worked.

I went and clicked "Me too!" on this page: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4...446503#U3446503

Not sure if it'll help anything, but it probably can't hurt?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 12:38 AM
Thanks for the link. I added my "Me, too!"

Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:09 AM
I never had this happen to me until I added custom music. Is that related at all or just coincidence? Anybody know?
Alchemist
#15 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:46 AM
I don't have any custom music added, so that can't be it.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 7:23 AM
Mine seems to happen more frequently when I've been playing for a long while so I just assumed it to be something to do with my inadequate laptop. Didn't know that others experience it too.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 10:18 AM
I don't have custom music either and, possibly an inadequate laptop - but the glitch happens upon opening the game. A couple of times, I was able to see what was running and closing Origin fixed it, but Origin isn't always running and I still have the glitch. I wonder if something else is running, another start up file or program? Does anyone know where there game's music files are? (Not the stereo files).

Forum Resident
#18 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:18 PM
The first time I had the overlapping music in my game, I quit the game, restarted and it was fine for several days and I figured it was just a one time thing. But then it came back, and now I've just muted the music.
Test Subject
#19 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:54 PM
It even stuck with this glitch after "change appearance" or "plan clothing" screens.Restart helps sometimes or sometimes it makes worse. Songs keep stacking... I think I heard 3 songs playing at the same time from loading screen, change app. and build mode.

I brought music to %0. It doesn't related to radio songs so I can make my own soundtrack whenever I want.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 6:13 PM
The problem ended up fixing itself, for now. It took me 4 restarts to get it fixed though.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 6:21 PM
I don't have custom music, and I'm on a good-powered desktop, and I got the glitch for the first time yesterday. It continued even during gameplay (what a cacophony in my headphones! ACK!). But, a single restart of the game fixed it. Very odd.

You can never have too much yarn, fabric, or books.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 6:27 PM

I've had this problem in one specific save game when the game loads into Lyve mode, only there were 3 or 4 or 5 of the songs playing on top of one another. I fixed it a few times by deleting all of the files in the cache folder in the MyDocs area, except the one named FileCache which is a ConfigurationSettings file (says Windoze). All of the other files in that folder are safe to delete. So you might try this if you haven't tried it yet.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 6:35 PM
Already had that glitch 3 times, the loading music stays stuck in the background. I set the music to zero in the options, as the others said the radios still work and the situational jingles still work too (lot loaded, object that broke, object being repaired, woohoo, etc) but I wish they repaired that 'cause I love the music and I miss it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I've had this problem in one specific save game when the game loads into Lyve mode, only there were 3 or 4 or 5 of the songs playing on top of one another. I fixed it a few times by deleting all of the files in the cache folder in the MyDocs area, except the one named FileCache which is a ConfigurationSettings file (says Windoze). All of the other files in that folder are safe to delete. So you might try this if you haven't tried it yet.
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and it did not help the situation, unfortunately. I tried removing mods as well, and that did not affect it either. I'm still wondering where the music files are and how to reset them.

Mad Poster
#25 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 4:40 AM
I've had it happen a few times, and I always back out of the game immediately. I'm afraid to save it while it is in that state.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Page 1 of 2