Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 7:48 PM
* Teens jobs available to adults/elder, even if only half time that would be awesome!
* Don't wash the dishes - major time waste since time flees so fast and I use the electric recycle thing in all the houses for the money anyway and one sim who washes all the dishes at once is still more optimal. All my sims loose half an hour going back and forth with their dish in their hand lol.
* Don't wash your hands after going to the toilet - another major time waste, specially when I queued a shower afterward
* Loaded game that stays on pause speed, not automatically goes in speed 1
* Party time limit are indeed way too short, a mod to at least double it would be perfect, or even triple it.
* ditto, an alarm clock you could set yourself
* No, you don't want to meet someone new every freaking 3 seconds! That wish should be stomped ASAP.
* Pregnant sims should stay pregnant when playing on a daily rotation like I do. That was a very bad surprise when I came back to play that family and discovering that the baby was already born, since the aging is OFF for the inactive families! Because of that silliness any family with an ongoing pregnancy will have to be played until the baby is born
* A way to rename a sim. Changing the name in the manage world trick only changes the household name, not the sims names
* Buyable fitness potions. I don't like cheating and I don't like paying so much reward points for a miscalculation that is EA's fault. Being able to buy the potion would be neat until they lower the weight gain a bit.
* Faster gardening pretty please! It's now impossible to have 2 plants without wasting all their free time; me sad panda -.-
* Almost forgot: No elder townies generated no more. The game seem obsessed with making 95% of the townies all elders; that's awful. If it cannot be lowered, then no elders townies at all please.
* Less daily harassment from neighbors/friends, constantly stalking my sims is a no-no.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 7:52 PM
More and more, I want a way to disable random/autonomous "mean" interactions.
Test Subject
#53 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 8:00 PM Last edited by mikeys.nonsense : 11th Sep 2014 at 8:18 PM. Reason: More mods!
Man, I'm with simo7mate! I really really want sliders for age.

Sliders for haircolor and eyecolor too :c

I just miss sliders D: I love the new way to create your sim, but I want to be able to customize them more, if that makes sense. I also miss the eyelashes from lemonleaf, those were the BEST THINGS EVER. I used them on everyone in my sims 3 game, everyone.

The ability to keep your husbands last name or keep your own! There's no option :c

Skins, skins skin skins and skin recolors and more skins.

I want so many mods it's not even funny.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 8:05 PM
I don't need it desperately, but it would be great to have a mod that hides the Try for a baby option. So regular woohoo can get sim pregnant. This would of course require birth control in the same mod. I've always played the Sims with inteenimater so it is quite boring without a mod like that..
Test Subject
#55 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
No computer generated townies mod. The human-made premades are fine, but I don't like computer-generated sims and I'd rather not have them, ever.
Maybe even go a step further and instead of making computer-generated sims, the game can pull random sims from the cloud with a setting to only pull from people you're following, or allow any random sim.

I'd also like an extended range "slider" mod because I feel like I hit limits too soon.

They did mention that it's possible to fill up your sims database or whatever it is, and have the computer draw on that instead of making sims/using the pre-mades, but I don't know who'd want to make that many sims and spend THAT much time.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 8:14 PM
longer parties/dates/ etc would be a great mod.

oh, and how about more activities gain fun. such as jogging and gardening.
Test Subject
#57 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xBabyKingx
I don't need it desperately, but it would be great to have a mod that hides the Try for a baby option. So regular woohoo can get sim pregnant. This would of course require birth control in the same mod. I've always played the Sims with inteenimater so it is quite boring without a mod like that..

Wouldn't that be a simple renaming? Like, Try for baby > Woohoo and Woohoo > Safe Sex, or Woohoo with Birth Control, or something like that?

Unless you want to actually ADD birth control, like take it daily or something.
Theorist
#58 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mikeys.nonsense
They did mention that it's possible to fill up your sims database or whatever it is, and have the computer draw on that instead of making sims/using the pre-mades, but I don't know who'd want to make that many sims and spend THAT much time.

Oh, I like the pre-mades just fine, I've just always disliked computer-generated sims.
Yeah, I don't want to make a hundred sims just to have townies in my hood. It'd take too long and I'd get sick of trying to come up with unique faces and outfits. That's why I thought it'd be pretty cool to be able to draw townies from the cloud. I guess that's not a very popular idea, but if you could restrict it to just drawing from people you're following, why would that suck? I mean you must like the sims they make to be following them. I would just much rather have townies made up of sims lovingly crafted by other MTS'ers than random computer-generated ones.

I guess on the plus-side, computer-generated sims in TS4 are far better looking than the clone-faced puddings the computer would generate in TS3.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#59 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 8:31 PM
Forgot a couple -
A STFU mod to turn off that ghastly build music.
Another, sim-centered STFU that tells them when I queue something non-social behind the current chat interaction, the conversation is over, quit gossiping with your silly neighbor, and do what I told you to already.
Theorist
#60 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 8:56 PM
More skills, and if possible more objects for those skills.

Mu Ren Zhuang ( Chinese training dummy ) - Athletic, Martial Arts
Thespian Performance Drapes and Skull ( perform overdramatic, oversentimental monologue and group skits ) - Charisma, Comedy + bonus for sad
Whose Line is it Anyway River Dance Mat - Dance ( we don't have a dance skill yet ) / Athletic + group
Redrum Ouija Board Spirit Summoning Set - Mischief + group
Test Subject
#61 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 9:44 PM
I neeeed a family tree!! So i can keep organized whats happening
Test Subject
#62 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 9:47 PM Last edited by chairmanxyz : 11th Sep 2014 at 10:00 PM.
Sort of mentioned already but I find the new rewards system very annoying and even more tedious then the sims 3. I always had to have ellacharmed's lifetime reward points mod installed at all times so something similar to that would be awesome. And/or something similar to SolaceInSound's more lifetime happiness for each wish mod which made each wish (or now, whim) give you more points. So either a mod which gives you more points and/or a mod which makes the rewards cost less to scale with the low amount of happiness you get for completing whims.
Test Subject
#63 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iHaznoNam3
-Story progression
(I don't care how much effort it is put on, i just don't want to choose between having the same neighbors forever or not having them at all because they are a bunch of sterile procrastinators)
-Open world
(not being a modder myself i can't really tell how duable is this, but i think there might be one or two workarounds to make free roaming available)
-64 Bit
(again, not being involved with modding and/or coding at all, i don't know if this is even remotely possible, but a 64 bit game capable of running on more than 4GB of RAM would be great)

Unfortunately all those things you mentioned are not likely possible. EA claims the game wasn't designed to run with more ram and some of the programmers claimed it wouldn't have made a difference (right). You can try something like LAA instead. Open world is not going to happen, from a modder or from Eaxis. It would require an entirely new engine and ffs they couldn't even be bothered to make teens a different height due to the need for more custom animations so you're kidding yourself. Story progression would also require a lot of rewriting of the engine as it was designed to only load and manage your current household in order to maintain steady performance. Anything beyond making sims age would require much more scripting that would likely slow the game down as the engine was not created with those features in mind.

Of course anything is possible but remember this is EA here and given how the game came out (with so many things missing) they're going to be playing catch up for at least 4-5 expansions.
Theorist
#64 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 11:06 PM
There needs to be a mod that allows you to layer facial hair. I'm trying to make a sim that has stubble and a goatee.

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Test Subject
#65 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheRealLovecat
There needs to be a mod that allows you to layer facial hair. I'm trying to make a sim that has stubble and a goatee.

A mod that allows you to layer accessories, makeup, freckles, ect would be AMAZING.
Forum Resident
#66 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 12:17 AM
I'd like a mod someday that displays the nutritional information of food objects (basically how they might contribute to weight gain, because it seems that different foods contribute differently) so we don't have to guess about what the game considers "healthy" and what's not.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by broo
Probably not a mod but a simple fix for plumbing. I have 8 sims in a household and I am tired of having to fix toilets and showers on a daily basis. Something is definitely borked there.

Fo' sho'. Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem. At least 1 or 2 objects break in my household a day. I had my sim upgrade everything and it all still breaks... constantly.

Also, I don't know if this is doable, but a mod that enables non-played Sims to get jobs, marry, have children, etc. would be awesome. I.e. some semblance to the Story Progression. There are countless of other mods I would love but this is THE ONE.
Forum Resident
#68 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 1:54 AM
Less broken shit mod. Faster shower/eating. They take forever to eat if they are talking to each other omg. Slower need decay. Auto wake up when energy is filled. I swear some sims will sleep in forever if you let them.
Test Subject
#69 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 2:47 AM
the only mod i ever ask for in any sims game is something to make the days last longer.
the 1min = 1 real life second makes for way way way too short a day. If you're playing with 1 sim, most of the time you're sitting at a speed up screen waiting for them to either get home from work or wake up from sleeping. If I had more time to do other things, that would be great. 1min = 4 or 5 real life seconds is more like it.

..of course you need to adjust the sims needs to depreciate more slowly to accomodate it. Nraas in Sims 3 had it but you had to adjust a lot of that stuff manually, I'd want a simple version of that.
Test Subject
#70 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by baby06phat
I neeeed a family tree!! So i can keep organized whats happening

as a player who likes to impregnate as many women as possible, this would be a nice feature.
Test Subject
#71 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:10 AM
A mod for "quick speed through current action", like that was in sims 3. I abused the hell out of that button. eating? Quick speed. Peeing? Quick speed. It automatically does this, for work and sleep, but I'd love a mod that enables you to do it yourself.
Theorist
#72 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 6:20 AM
Add sims to have more than eight sims in the household, please.
Test Subject
#73 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:38 AM
I want a car even if it can't move. Ethnic hair, every time I swear EA forgets people of color play this game. I don't want an afro. I want dreadlocks, cornrows, flattwists etc.
Test Subject
#74 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mikeys.nonsense
A mod for "quick speed through current action", like that was in sims 3. I abused the hell out of that button. eating? Quick speed. Peeing? Quick speed. It automatically does this, for work and sleep, but I'd love a mod that enables you to do it yourself.

I want that one (speed through current action) and also another one that speeds through all actions in the queue as well.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 1:28 PM
Just remembered another one... No bin dissapearance fix would be nice. Had mine go missing twice in about two weeks time. WTH EA???
Oh oh and no useless bills too. What's the point of having them at all? Enforce it or make it go away.
Page 3 of 64