Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Fade Sims and Objects (Update V3)

by Shimrod101 Posted 10th Sep 2014 at 1:36 PM - Updated 26th Nov 2014 at 4:54 PM by Shimrod101 : Updated files

128 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 78 Feedback Posts, 49 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 1:49 PM
Shim, you're awesome. I was just looking to see if there was a 'no fade' console cheat or something to stop this. Thank you! <3
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 2:30 PM
I tried it, but the neighborhood trees around my house and along the sidewalk are still disappearing. ;(
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kapaya
I tried it, but the neighborhood trees around my house and along the sidewalk are still disappearing. ;(

Presumably this is because of some graphics setting in Options or possibly your specific graphics card or chip?

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 3:04 PM
Thanks ! Very useful for machinima makers ;)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 3:32 PM
Shimrod, you're great. Thank you!
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 4:11 PM
it not seem to work by me i do not know why^ still have the same fading as i had before
*default like*
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 4:37 PM
Thank you so much. I was thinking of requesting a hack like this. Now if only we could get a gunmod camera mod for the sims 4 :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 6:00 PM
Doesn't work in my game. All graphics setting is high.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 6:04 PM
Thank you! It was such a pain trying to take pictures of sims and scenery before, but this will help so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 6:27 PM
Doesn't work
I have everything on Max.
Maybe it conflicts with the no blurry distance mod?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsTias
Doesn't work
I have everything on Max.
Maybe it conflicts with the no blurry distance mod?

No, it shouldn't conflict with that mod, I have both mods installed and they both work. If you wouldn't mind, could you try turning your resolution down, because I have the res quite low, 1024x768 I think. Otherwise I have all the settings on the highest except one of them I think. I'll try changing these settings in my game also and see if it stops working.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Field Researcher
#14 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 7:32 PM
Update: The mod seems to work for me, however child sims still fade for some reason.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 8:06 PM
Amazing, thank you!
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 8:21 PM Last edited by Kaleeko : 10th Sep 2014 at 8:35 PM. Reason: Update on testing the mod
Hey!! This is FANTASTIC--I tested it out and it works great on pretty much everything indoors! Sims/desks/counters/chairs/etc etc

Doesn't seem to be effecting my trees outdoors, though.

I am running on full resolution, and all max graphics settings.

EDIT: So I cranked my resolution and graphics settings way down, and the trees are still fading at roughly the same distance away as before. Hm! Not sure that's the issue.
Instructor
#17 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 9:56 PM
Unfortunately this mod didn't work for me. Still, thank you for making this anyway! If it helps, I have all my graphics up, but I have laptop mode, too. Resolution is 16:9.
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 10:13 PM
unfortunately didn't work for me
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 10:25 PM
Thank you! :D
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naturallyy
unfortunately didn't work for me

Same here. But this was definitely a needed mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 10:59 PM
useful mod, thank you it works for me but some of my adult sims still fade
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 1:24 AM
It does work on the sims and objects, but try testing it on trees in your yard and along the sidewalks and across the street. Doesn't work The trees still fade out when you zoom in. Thanks for the effort and taking the time to make this though.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 1:51 AM
Thanks it works for me but not on everything, such as lights are still faded if you get to close, hopefully you can fine tune it so it works even better. This is however already a big improvement to what we had. Thanks man.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 2:18 AM
Thank you! This is amazing. It's one of those mods that is so subtle that you forget that you even installed it. Fades into the background of your game. But works in synergy with other little improvements to improve the gaming experience so much. Love it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 3:55 AM
Absolutely a must have! Thnx!
Page 1 of 6