Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:24 PM
I started out trying to build a gritty, moody, kind of dirty, realistic looking gym because I couldn't find one. But it turned into something else I like the result, better than the default gyms anyway. I guess it turned out to be like if Fifty Shades of Grey bumped into a vampire den and they decided to build a gym... with lots of dog statues and lots of toilets.

The plan was for a small gym but this is what it looks like now on the main menu: "What is that thing?!"

Front of gym (Or gym-former, gym in disguise. Or gym-mullet, business in the front, treadmills in the back)

The 2nd floor is the actual entry floor:

The 3rd floor has card playing tables, a bar, fireplace, and piano:

The 1st floor is like an above ground basement. It has locker rooms and showers. There *are* a lot of toilet stalls. It didn't seem like that many when I was making them. It looked pretty normal, even as I was putting that silly toilet paper roll decor thing in every one of them. And then while uploading I looked at the info tab and it said there were 76 toilets... There's 20 minutes I won't get back. :\

But I think the reception desk on the main floor turned out ok. It makes me laugh whenever I see it:

And the last pic are the suits of armor that looked cool standing in the alcoves. They didn't have chairs in front of them at first but it looked better with it. But deep down honestly I probably put the chairs in front because the suits of armor looked a little too creepy with the swords, and the overhead lighting and all the other moody decor. So cast iron chairs bolted to the floor in front of them really took a lot of tension out of the air:

The gym could have been smaller, and then maybe grown as more mods/content come out to expand and fill space with. Looking back I wouldn't have built so many toilet stalls considering that only 8 sims will come to the lot at any one time. And I don't know at what point it all started looking gothic But it's something... different from the average gym haha. I put it up on the gallery as "Zumba Zum Crossfit Gym", searchable by title or hashtag as Zumba.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 5:48 PM
Thank you @Babbelsim, it means a lot! And yes, I think a column would fit in, don't know why I didn't actually put one there. :"

@Bandon, how do you make the counters look that way. Mine are all square-ish.
Instructor
#28 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 6:50 PM
Hey Indigoskycaller there's an options button (looks like a gear) in the color selection part of the counters in the catalog. I picked the island counters to form a square-ish shape. Except I left the corners of the square empty. Then went back to the counters, clicked the option button in the color selection of the counter and chose the "round outer corner" version of it. And put that counter into the corners of the square-ish shape.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bandon
Hey Indigoskycaller there's an options button (looks like a gear) in the color selection part of the counters in the catalog. I picked the island counters to form a square-ish shape. Except I left the corners of the square empty. Then went back to the counters, clicked the option button in the color selection of the counter and chose the "round outer corner" version of it. And put that counter into the corners of the square-ish shape.

Oooh. I see!
Thank you very much! I was really frustrated about it. Now I'll only use that option for my kitchens.

Also, here's a bunny house... because yes.
Instructor
#30 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 4:18 AM
I've always found house plans online to help inspire me as to how to layout the houses but now I'm able to really recreate them better than ever before I feel, mostly because of the new roof. I could never get the roofs right before and it always made the whole thing kinda suck for me. Also, the columns are so much better now because it adjusts and lets you place them actually in and a part of the railing and up against the house properly.

This is the 4th house I built. I've played this house the most so far but, of course, I just moved my family to a new house I built because they needed more bedrooms and I didn't take good interior shots first while it was still decorated. So here's the exterior and some random in game shots that show the main area of the kitchen/dining/living area.

09-17-14_4-35 PM-2

09-17-14_4-22 PM

09-17-14_8-41 PM

09-18-14_2-40 PM-2

09-18-14_2-48 PM-3

09-17-14_5-05 PM-2
The kitchen wasn't fully done in this shot. I ended up adding a lot of the "clutter" and "wall decorations" to really make it feel lived in like pans hanging on the wall above the stove but below the hood, the knives on the magnet strip to the right of there, knives, spice racks, paper towel holder, etc. on the counter tops. I can't wait for new objects to start showing up in the downloads section!

This time I'm going to take better interior photos so I can properly share the house I made after this!

This house was based on this house plan: http://www.houseplans.com/plan/1681...e-cottage-38633
Mad Poster
#31 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 4:42 AM
I really love the bunny house indigoskycaller. That is a great, innovative idea.
Here's a couple of lots I was working on. First a nice 3 bedroom family, sort of craftsman home. Again, please forgive my crappy camera control, really need a camera mod.

A small American Ranch style, I quickly threw together and was able to keep it under 21k simoleons. Sadly the picture of the lot is not right, I built it 30x20 but the picture comes up as 20x30. I guess the build can't be what I want for the image on the gallery download. *sigh*

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#32 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 4:53 AM
Lewisb40

Ok, I've seen a couple of houses with cabinets like these now. Which ones are you using to make that one that goes from floor to ceiling? And also, the small ones across the top? I know when you go around the corner it automatically switches to that glass front one but haven't been able to do these other styles yet.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 4:57 AM
@melbrewer367
When you bring up the cabinets, either turn off auto placement or when you choose the color pattern there is a cog wheel next to the colors and it will cut off auto placement, bring up the different cabinet/counter styles. You choose from that area.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#34 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
@melbrewer367
When you bring up the cabinets, either turn off auto placement or when you choose the color pattern there is a cog wheel next to the colors and it will cut off auto placement, bring up the different cabinet/counter styles. You choose from that area.

Yay!! Thank you! My kitchen is so much cooler now!

Field Researcher
#35 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 11:49 PM

First and last attempt on making a starter house.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 4:07 AM

Biggest one I've made so far.
At least I've used my founder's 200k ยง
Mad Poster
#37 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 7:33 AM
My starving artist's little starter in Oasis Springs. It didn't start off so decorated but since she is making money painting (her aspiration) and loves to tend bar on the side, she's hooking her place up.

Instructor
#38 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 10:25 PM
Here's the newest house I made for my family that's expanding and moving up in the world. The big hotshot author types. lol It's based on this house plan . It's reversed and slightly modified. I added a bathroom in an area that would have just been dead space.

(I just happened to get lucky and pause when a truck was going by so I hurried up and got this shot!)

I have a slight issue on this side of the house as you can see. The roof doesn't want to work for me right there, but I just put the walls down and act like everything is fine.

First floor:

Living room, tiny powder bathroom, open dining and kitchen, then you can see the three little rooms next to each other, from left to right it's a entryway/mudroom area, a hall, and a "spa room" that's only accessible from the master bedroom. Then there's the master bedroom and master bath. Here's a closer view.

Second floor:

2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and an open media room.

I'll be glad when we can start customizing objects. I have to keep using the same paintings and rugs over and over.

Field Researcher
#39 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 10:27 AM Last edited by no.[666]bicycle : 22nd Sep 2014 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Added picture

Love this shot of Moonshine's shed!

Sunflowers!!!
Field Researcher
#40 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 9:07 PM
Hale & Co. Science Lab.

This is a lot I've been working on... I think is finished, just have to test it. :o
Inventor
#41 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 8:13 AM
My first house, Project : Sims 1 to Sims 4
Newbie house:

courtyard view

Try to Wish.
http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Enric277
My Origin ID Enriquebell
Mad Poster
#42 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 9:43 AM
That lot brought back great memories Enriquebell. Did you upload it to the gallery?

Just worked on a new lot for my largest family at the moment, the Herricks. Staying within their budget, I was able to come up with this little country home, 3 beds, 2 baths. Love it, can't wait to move them in it. I think I finally got the attics and dormers right with the roofing. No more odd wall coverings upstairs.

Inventor
#43 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 10:52 AM Last edited by Enriquebell : 25th Sep 2014 at 1:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
That lot brought back great memories Enriquebell. Did you upload it to the gallery?

YES! All sims1 residentials houses ( yesterday finally )
Neighborhood 1 ( Base game )
Neighborhood 2 ( Living large )
Old Town ( Unleashed, only residentials )
And premades houses by Maxis ( Valentino,Maximus,etc.. )
All families also, NPCs and townies
Searching for ID: Enriquebell
or Tag #sims1

Try to Wish.
http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Enric277
My Origin ID Enriquebell
Field Researcher
#44 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 1:25 PM
Instructor
#45 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 11:51 PM
I put together a library because I couldn't find one that felt like a traditional library. It has a couple things that were fun to try like using the fish fountains as faux relief sculpture on the front of the building, the pillar and archway front entry, and trying to copy a government/greco-roman style roof style. But it's just really a basic looking library. Maybe something like a good base structure to keep adding details too. But I think the lot did get the sense of aisles and aisles of books in a traditional library that I really couldn't find on the gallery.

Front desk:

Middle aisle on first floor:

It's on the gallery under "Boondaba National Library" searchable by #boondaba.
More pics of spots on different floors:
Field Researcher
#46 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 7:12 AM
@Bandon: Well I am certainly gonna replace my library with yours the next time I get to play the game. The interior especially is just what I've been wanting! Well done!

Origin username: Vattenliljan
Instructor
#47 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 7:55 AM
Thanks Vattenlilja. I hope it gives that library atmosphere. If it gets a little too quiet there's also a bar on the first floor. With Zerbu's Destination Party mod I'm almost tempted to throw a party at the library.
Inventor
#48 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 12:59 AM

Recreated then furnished my favorite Sims 2 house. Modern Masterpiece.
I haven't done any interior shots yet. It's also on the gallery should anyone be interested. Name is necrovonk there.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Mad Poster
#49 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 1:59 AM
Ooo, I would love to see that lot NecroVonk. I will download and check it out.

Working on a bigger lot than I am use to in Sims 4. A nice 3 to 4 bedrooms, 3 bath family home. Just finished the outside, inside is still empty.

My October-Breast Cancer Awareness Pink Starter, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath on the 20x15 lot.

Inventor
#50 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 2:42 AM Last edited by NecroVonK : 5th Oct 2014 at 3:01 AM.
Love both of those lewis.

On mine I realized the stove disappeared for some reason so one would have to be added. At one point the sofa and chair vanished and I had to replace them while building.

*ETA New Housebu
This is a Sims 4 version of a house I built in Sims 3 and uploaded here before.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Page 2 of 9