Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 3:08 AM
I've cloned nearly all of the male suit jackets and every time I try to put them in my game they're missing big chunks from their arms and sometimes body. =/ I'm not even editing these, just cloning, opening in s4pe, exporting the geoms, and importing them back into a new package. While everything else work well enough, it's just these giant chunks missing. Just thought I should go ahead and report that. =o

I'm collecting Disagrees, see.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#27 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 3:35 AM
Thanks - I'll be sure to test with hair too.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Mad Poster
#28 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I'm still puzzled - like I said eyebrows don't have a mesh and shouldn't show up at all in the mesh cloner, so I don't know what instance IDs you matched up to find those meshes. Also it looks like there are several different instance IDs, but all the meshes for one item have the same instance.

Sorry, I used the Instance IDs from the Mesh Cloner tab, not the Package Mesh Import/Export tab. (see pic) The IDs in the Mesh Cloner tab are the right ones, yup!

Last night I found a shorter way to get the meshes extracted, by opening the FullBuild package in the Mesh Cloner tab, selecting the item I wanted, picking a color preset for it, and Cloning it. Then I opened that cloned file in the Package Mesh Import/Export tab, and from there got all the GEOM files and textures -- MUCH quicker than matching IDs in S4PE; it worked like a charm! :lovestruc

Also, I found a little interface thing -- nothing major, but when I try to resize the Tool, the buttons at the bottom don't move with the window edges (see pic). Again, nothing major.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#29 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 11:11 AM
Feature Request: Can the Mesh Cloner tab also include items that don't have meshes (like eyebrows and tattoos)? I know the purpose of the tool is for meshes, but it's a really hand way to create a stand-alone .package for even just recolors. Sort of a one-stop-shop.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 3:36 PM
Ah, another one to report: I can't clone any glasses. I tried all of them, each time I get "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application." ... "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Here's the Details log.

I thought for sure glasses had meshes? =o

I'm collecting Disagrees, see.
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#31 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zovesta
Ah, another one to report: I can't clone any glasses. I tried all of them, each time I get "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application." ... "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Here's the Details log.

I thought for sure glasses had meshes? =o

I had the same problem. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that glasses are the only items that have alpha-editable mesh?
Instructor
#32 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 10:18 PM
Hey Cmar, thanks for an awesome tool.

I've just been toying this evening, having not been modding for a couple of years, but I seem to have hit a brick wall which maybe you can explain for me.

In Package Mesh Import/Export I've exported all LoDs of my cloned package and edited LoD3 (which was the largest file, therefore I'm assuming the highest LoD?) in MS (imported and exported using Wes S3 Plugins). However, when I import the edited mesh back into Package Mesh Import/Export do I need to convert it from S3 GEOM to S4 GEOM first? Also, do I need to edit the other LoDs? If not, what do I do with them? I've tried importing the edited LoD3 into all of the LoDs 0-3 (ignoring the 'Unhandled exception has occurred in your application' relating to the number of vertices) but the mesh still didn't change (in CAS or in game) and I've tried replacing solely LoD3, and still the mesh didn't change. Where am I going wrong?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks in advance.

JD
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#33 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 3:08 AM
I've been hard at work adding the ability to clone non-mesh items, to filter the listing, and to bundle multiple recolors in one package. Plus fixing the problems that affected the flutter dress among others. Have to remember to test glasses and figure out why it fails on a second clone.

@JosephTheSim2k5: lod 0 should be the largest mesh. Maybe you're confusing the lod with the meshparts. The lod (level of detail) goes from 0 (highest detail) to 3 (lowest detail). The meshparts are different pieces of the mesh - pants are divided into sections: waist to below the knee, calf, and bottom od the pants. Other meshes may be chopped up this way too. Each lod may consist of one or more meshparts. It's important to not get the lods or meshparts mixed up.

If you modified only lod 3, you'll probably never see the changes. Lod0 is used in CAS and when the sim is close up, lod1 when the sim is farther away, etc. At lod3 the sim is way in the distance.

If you've exported and modified an S3 format mesh, you must import it back to the same mesh you exported. If you removed vertices you must first use the Frankenmesh function to convert it back to a valid S4 mesh and then import it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Lab Assistant
#34 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 8:40 AM
Had a go at cloning the PartyVelvet hat, didn't alter anything other than making a clone in S4MeshTools. It 'works' up to a point in that the clone appears in the thumbnails list in the game and the mesh appears on the sim, unfortunately whenever I try to navigate away from the cloned hat (by clicking to swap to a different hat) it crashes the game immediately.

These are the settings I tried:

and this is how the cloned package looks in s4pe:

Am I doing anything wrong or is this a known bug that may be fixed in the next version?
Test Subject
#35 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 11:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MyreMylar
Had a go at cloning the PartyVelvet hat, didn't alter anything other than making a clone in S4MeshTools. It 'works' up to a point in that the clone appears in the thumbnails list in the game and the mesh appears on the sim, unfortunately whenever I try to navigate away from the cloned hat (by clicking to swap to a different hat) it crashes the game immediately.

These are the settings I tried:

and this is how the cloned package looks in s4pe:

Am I doing anything wrong or is this a known bug that may be fixed in the next version?

ME TOO. WANT TO KNOW WHY.
Test Subject
#36 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Thanks for pointing out specific problems! I'm in the process of rewriting the tool to handle multiple recolors in one package, and I'll test on glasses and the flutter dress. I was able to clone the flutter dress, btw, but for some reason it couldn't find all the GEOMs. Maybe you didn't click on a color - that will cause an exception.

hi if ive cloned an outfit once am i not able to clone it again through this tool ? whenever I do , i get the unhandled exception error ? thanks in advance
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 6:55 AM
Kiwi, that's a known problem - see posts #11 & #12 - Cmar is working on that
Test Subject
#38 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 7:07 AM
Like a few people here I am VERY new to this but am having some success here with your tools. Id love a tutorial, but I have been getting it ok. I am having an issue that I haven't seen here yet...It may just be that its a simple fix I don't know yet. When I import the yftoptankbra, it gives me the error "Hashed boneXXXXXXXXnot in skeleton" for this item it pops up 7 times. I closed each one and when it finally opens, there is a model of a female chest and from the front view, I can see that there is something on there, where the cleavage is there is something, but in any view I cant differentiate the bra from the body. I tried to color it , but the whole body is colored and no, I didn't import the body. There is only one group and that's the bra. Is this something simple? I have successfully imported earrings and socks so I think I have the process down....but maybe this is different since its clothing and not an accessory? Also, I see there are different versions of the items. Lod0 etc. Is there one I should be choosing over others or do I have to redo ALL of them.... Once again, probably an easy answer, but im winging it here lol Thanks in advance for any help and SUPER thanks for putting all of these in one program <3 BTW, I have the full game, not demo and am using milkshape for the meshing...id rather use wings3d but not sure if I can??!!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 9:01 AM
@Selarono I got the same error. I converted the s4 geom to s3, imported to milkshape, exported to OBj and did some edits on the mesh (only moving verts), reimpirted the OBJ, assigned bones manually with the reference geom. Exported the edited s3 geom, converted it to s4 geoms again, imported the geoms in my package. I opened up my game with extreme excitement, but after entering CAS the game crashed... I've no idea what went wrong.

♘ visit my tumblr here
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#40 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 9:01 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 10th Sep 2014 at 9:15 AM.
Playing catchup:

Quote: Originally posted by ZeGauntlet
ah...sorry again Cmar. I ran into another error when I tried using the frankenmesh.
http://puu.sh/bq8Kf/3c8a1560a1.txt What I'm trying to convert is a hair that I edited. I didn't add any verticals but I removed some.

Could you upload everything - the cloned package, the original mesh, and the edited mesh?

Quote: Originally posted by Zovesta
I've cloned nearly all of the male suit jackets and every time I try to put them in my game they're missing big chunks from their arms and sometimes body. =/ I'm not even editing these, just cloning, opening in s4pe, exporting the geoms, and importing them back into a new package. While everything else work well enough, it's just these giant chunks missing. Just thought I should go ahead and report that. =o

How did you construct the new package? If it was another clone, maybe the TGI numbering of the meshes didn't match the other cloned CASP?

Quote: Originally posted by Selarono
Like a few people here I am VERY new to this but am having some success here with your tools. Id love a tutorial, but I have been getting it ok. I am having an issue that I haven't seen here yet...It may just be that its a simple fix I don't know yet. When I import the yftoptankbra, it gives me the error "Hashed boneXXXXXXXXnot in skeleton" for this item it pops up 7 times. I closed each one and when it finally opens, there is a model of a female chest and from the front view, I can see that there is something on there, where the cleavage is there is something, but in any view I cant differentiate the bra from the body. I tried to color it , but the whole body is colored and no, I didn't import the body. There is only one group and that's the bra. Is this something simple? I have successfully imported earrings and socks so I think I have the process down....but maybe this is different since its clothing and not an accessory? Also, I see there are different versions of the items. Lod0 etc. Is there one I should be choosing over others or do I have to redo ALL of them.... Once again, probably an easy answer, but im winging it here lol Thanks in advance for any help and SUPER thanks for putting all of these in one program <3 BTW, I have the full game, not demo and am using milkshape for the meshing...id rather use wings3d but not sure if I can??!!

Sims clothing is not just the 'clothing' - it's not like there's an actual body underneath, despite the ability to 'remove' it in CAS and see underwear. There's just one shape, of the clothed body. So you're not going to see a separate bra. The bra is painted on the mesh with the texture, normal map, specular map, etc. The LODs are levels of detail - lod0 is seen when the sim is in CAS or up fairly close, lod1 from farther away, etc. The distances depend on the setting for Sim Detail in the graphics settings. To be thorough you should do all the lods but most players will never see lod3 or probably even lod2. Oh, and the 'hashed bone' errors are normal, just ignore them.

Quote: Originally posted by trap lorde
@Selarono I got the same error. I converted the s4 geom to s3, imported to milkshape, exported to OBj and did some edits on the mesh (only moving verts), reimpirted the OBJ, assigned bones manually with the reference geom. Exported the edited s3 geom, converted it to s4 geoms again, imported the geoms in my package. I opened up my game with extreme excitement, but after entering CAS the game crashed... I've no idea what went wrong.

LOL, what went wrong is you can't do that. By converting to OBJ you lose the vertex numbering and the order of the vertices. Those things must be preserved in order to reconstruct the TS4-format mesh from the TS3-format mesh. TS4 meshes have two sections of data that are keyed to the vertices by sequence number and that I can process to remove the ones that are no longer needed, but I haven't a clue of how to calculate them from what amounts to a new mesh. By going to OBJ and back you got a big mess.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#41 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 9:29 AM
Also, new version uploaded with multiple bug fixes and new functions.

Lab Assistant
#42 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 9:39 AM
Awesome, Cmar! Thanks. Am going to give it a go.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#43 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 9:59 AM
The location of the game data packages can be entered manually in the settings, if you can find them.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#44 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 10:11 AM
\The Sims 4\Data\Client, where the ClientFullBuild packages are. I can't help further since it's against MTS policy to help with illegal games.

Test Subject
#45 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 10:13 AM
OK, thank you for the help. Have a nice day!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 10:35 AM
First test run, re-creating my asymmetric bob hair - there might be a slight glitch in the system.

Cloned WedgeHair with multiple colors - check. Exported Lod0-2 in S4 and S3 format - check. Edited S3 mesh - check. Franken'ed edited S3 mesh with original S4 mesh - check. Import Frankenmesh in package as Lod0-2 - FAILED because of vertice number mismatch. (Shows original mesh in game)
Ran the Frankenmesh through the seperate S3-to-S4 tab mechanism (Frankenmesh + Orig S4 mesh) - check. Imported the resulting mesh in Clone package - check. Shows correct in game - CHECK.

Could it be that the Frankenmesh is for whatever reason a S3 mesh now???

Awesome job on the new features anyway, thanks Cmar.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 11:24 AM
Hahahaa. Fail. Okay I always make the same mistake with the OBJ export. AHHH. But how did the obj export worked with s3? Is there a way to bring out the mesh with joints/bone information and the correct vertex data/IDs? Maybe with FBX. Surely not Shit. But your tool is very cool, thank you cmar

Maybe a genius can write a working obj exprt and import script if thats even possible hahaaa.

♘ visit my tumblr here
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 1:30 PM
Tried the new version of the tools (UI is improved, nice!). Sadly, a clone of the PartyVelvet hat still seems to crash the game when interacting with it see: post #34 above for details of what I am doing. Any ideas?
Test Subject
#49 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 5:02 PM
Mine crashes every time I try to clone tattoos, or makeup. My friend has the same issue.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#50 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 7:15 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 10th Sep 2014 at 7:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by meyomey
First test run, re-creating my asymmetric bob hair - there might be a slight glitch in the system.

Cloned WedgeHair with multiple colors - check. Exported Lod0-2 in S4 and S3 format - check. Edited S3 mesh - check. Franken'ed edited S3 mesh with original S4 mesh - check. Import Frankenmesh in package as Lod0-2 - FAILED because of vertice number mismatch. (Shows original mesh in game)
Ran the Frankenmesh through the seperate S3-to-S4 tab mechanism (Frankenmesh + Orig S4 mesh) - check. Imported the resulting mesh in Clone package - check. Shows correct in game - CHECK.

Could it be that the Frankenmesh is for whatever reason a S3 mesh now???

Awesome job on the new features anyway, thanks Cmar.

They use the same code now so I don't see how. Is it possible you tried to import the S3 mesh by mistake?

Quote: Originally posted by trap lorde
Hahahaa. Fail. Okay I always make the same mistake with the OBJ export. AHHH. But how did the obj export worked with s3? Is there a way to bring out the mesh with joints/bone information and the correct vertex data/IDs? Maybe with FBX. Surely not Shit. But your tool is very cool, thank you cmar

Maybe a genius can write a working obj exprt and import script if thats even possible hahaaa.

With sims 3 the data in the meshes is well understood and the information that was lost in an obj could be recalculated. Hopefully in the future we'll understand the sims 4 mesh structure better and be able to do the same thing, but for now we don't know how.

Quote: Originally posted by MyreMylar
Tried the new version of the tools (UI is improved, nice!). Sadly, a clone of the PartyVelvet hat still seems to crash the game when interacting with it see: post #34 above for details of what I am doing. Any ideas?

Since I cloned and used it with no issues, I'm stumped. Could you upload your cloned package and also list everything you did to it besides the cloning itself (if anything), plus exactly what you were doing when your game crashed? Hopefully that way I can replicate the problem.

Quote: Originally posted by violablu
Mine crashes every time I try to clone tattoos, or makeup. My friend has the same issue.

Could you post the exact error message, preferably with a screen grab so I can see what was going on in the tool as well as the error? Are you sure you clicked on the tattoo/makeup after sorting or filtering the list? Which tattoo/makeup is it, or is it all of them?

Locked thread | Locked by: CmarNYC Reason: Tool now in Downloads - comments should go there.
Page 2 of 36