Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Northridge Trailer Court

by MistyMountain Posted 28th Aug 2014 at 3:36 PM - Updated 22nd Jan 2024 at 10:58 PM by MistyMountain : Update description

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 5:36 PM
Love it
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 6:01 PM
Wow - best re-creation of a trailer court I have seen thus far. Great job!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 7:44 PM
Love the idea! Well done. I could see this being the perfect place for Brandi Broke..
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 9:10 PM
I've always glossed over trailer parks until I saw yours, I really like your lot. Thank you for sharing it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 8:34 AM
wow thankyou
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 10:01 AM
Very lovely work!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 1:24 PM
While in real life the idea of living in a trailer park is a terrifying nightmare for me, I like the idea of a trailer park for my games, I've never found one that appeals to me, until now. You've done an amazing job, and if even the trailer park it's based on is as pleasant as your creation suggests it is then your town must be very pleasant in real life too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 1:58 PM
Thanks all for the wonderful feedback!! It's very appreciated!

Fergus, I couldn't fathom living in one of these either, but one relative and some of my friends did. The atmosphere I attempted to create is sort of mixed, with mobile homes of different ages. One being a cheaper model from the 70s, one a better model from the 70s, and two from the early 80s. It's my experience that these compounds are a diverse mix of homes from different eras and I hope I caught that. Otherwise, while being slightly rundown, yes, the overall feeling would have been a somewhat pleasant community.

So yes, I feel my hometown was a wonderful place to live and I miss it every day! As I can't go home at the moment, I chose to build it in my game as I want to attempt to run a story based on my family while also trying to take the game to its limit! I like a challenge and thought this up after getting bored with regular play LOL

Thanks for the kind words!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 1:18 PM
Just what I was looking for!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 11:43 PM
I love this trailer park and can't wait to add it to my game somewhere!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 5:31 AM
Thank you for this! I also never lived in a trailer, but my friends' homes were so full of love I always wanted to. Now that I'm older, I realize how humble the surroundings were.

This is perfect for my 'other side of the track' families.

You did good.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 7:08 AM
Looks lovely, but I'm getting corrupt zip errors on this and the festival lot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crystalswhitecat
Looks lovely, but I'm getting corrupt zip errors on this and the festival lot.

I'm a bit stumped as to why this happened to you and I don't have any quick answers. I downloaded and tested the zip files and they extracted fine on my end.

The only thought that comes to mind is that the files "appeared" fully downloaded but weren't, so when you attempted to expand them they give you the corrupt error. I can only suggest trashing the corrupt files, and re-downloading both files to see if the problem occurs again. I've had this happen on occasion when I download files and I have no idea why it occurs.

Please let me know if that works and thanks for the feedback
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chocklitkiss
Thank you for this! I also never lived in a trailer, but my friends' homes were so full of love I always wanted to. Now that I'm older, I realize how humble the surroundings were.

This is perfect for my 'other side of the track' families.

You did good.

I have to agree with you! The atmosphere of a trailer is humble, yet I've seen some that would rival the nicest permanent home! LOL

Your statement "other side of the track" caught my eye, as for some nutty reason I seem to enjoy building starters that would fit perfectly into the welfare part of any town (and they are replications of houses that existed in my hometown before they were demolished!) I'm hoping to upload those at a later date because even my hometown had different types of areas. Thankfully, the subdivision where I resided was "middle class", but friends of mine lived in much poorer surroundings and are part of my story so I built their homes too!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#16 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 12:54 AM
My desert town consists of about 80% trailers. I live in one of them, although it is a lot bigger than the ones you have on your lot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 2:44 PM
This is great, reminds me of Sunnyvale trailer park from the TV show the trailer park boys
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 9:02 PM
thank you it's awesome
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 16th May 2015 at 1:55 AM
Amazing work! Reminds me of my childhood. I grew up in an 80's style single-wide mobile home. Ah, the good ole days...
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 11:04 PM
I have all expansions except for World Adventures. Is that particular expansion needed to run this mod? :O
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 8:59 PM
I only used a couple of objects in the build from World Adventures.....the game will just replace them with similar objects. The expansion isn't needed to use the lot. Have fun!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 2:01 PM
Hi, i downloaded this and i dont have mailbox there, should i buy that somewhere or download?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 3rd May 2016 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lithyar
Hi, i downloaded this and i dont have mailbox there, should i buy that somewhere or download?

I used the late night mailbox for apartment buildings. It is in misc objects on my game. If you don't have late night this won't work and you will have to use a regular mailbox.

To purchase the late night mailbox, I used this mod:

Late Night - Buyable Mailbox and Trash Chute By hugelunatic, found here at MTS.

Hope that helps.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 6:30 AM
Beautiful work, great idea :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 1:31 AM
So cool thank you for this build.
Page 1 of 2