Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fluffy Skirt

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 2nd Aug 2014 at 7:52 PM

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 7:57 PM
Simple, yet needed. Thanks so much for this. <3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 10:26 PM
This is great! Love how it seems to flow a bit instead of a straight-cut skirt. Can't wait to download this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 11:27 PM
I've wanted a skirt like this in my Sims 3 game since the beginning. Maybe because I'd wear it in real life. Is it silly if one lone item convinces me to reinstall just so I can try it out?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 5:08 AM
Hi there! This looks like a good skirt for my ladies! But can you make one for kids, too, by any chance? Or, failing that, make it for teen-to-elder? I'd hate to see the teens and grandmas left out; I do have a few traditionalist sims who only let their girls wear skirts, and the current skirt selection is rather crappy IMO (especially for kids!). Thanks, and God bless!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 6:15 AM
Ooooh, nice one HP. Now can you do a little magic and make it available IRL please? Seriously though, this is wonderful, and very close to my personal choice in skirts. Ta!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 1:41 PM
Tigerdyhr - Just come raid my real life closet - I have loads of skirts just like this one.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 3:52 PM
The tiny waist seam problem is actually a bone assignment mismatch. The mesh bone weights on the af waist seam extend to 5 decimal digits, but unfortunately Milkshape, the MS GEOM importer/exporter, the MS WSO importer/exporter, and maybe TSRW all round off to 2 decimal digits. This results in seams that look perfectly matched if you look at the meshes in anything but Toolkit, but aren't. I spent DAYS on this problem when it happened to me so I feel your pain.

To fix it, use the Toolkit: Bone Tools / Match Bones at Seams function, and use an EA mesh that's never been modified in Milkshape or anything else as the reference. In the upcoming Any Time Now version of Toolkit I'll have seam matching values built-in so you don't need a reference and can even process a whole package, but it's a tedious pain in the rear to load all those values so it may be a while.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 6:50 PM
hehe, the same here. Only minis and no normal skirts! Thanks a lot for another one I like to give to my sims.
Instructor
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 9:56 PM
Oh,this is amazing. :lovestruc I would love this for sims 2!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 12:13 AM
Thank you so much for this! I have never understood why there are no nice knee length skirts in-game.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 11:44 AM Last edited by Tigerdyhr : 5th Aug 2014 at 7:38 AM.
HP, unless your closet is in Denmark, that won't happen. Unfortunately. I have, however, found a few secondhand dresses that will do - and some more heels. You can never have too many heels (hint, hint, nudge, nudge).
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 12:47 PM
Happy to see you making stuff again These are gorgeous, thank you for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 4:42 PM
Thanks HP.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 5:42 PM
Thanks for this. Agreed the skirts in the game are dire. Most of them I wouldn't even call mini skirts, just elongated belts!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 10:04 PM
Thank yooooou! I wish there were more dresses and skirts of this length available. The mini skirts always seem just a bit too short to me, but this is perfect.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 7:33 AM
Thank you soooo much , that's skirt what i need
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 2:45 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have no idea what's so hard about skirts but EA borks every single one they try. My girly sims and their wardrobes are in your debt.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 12:56 PM
Thanks, nice to have one decent, normal looking skirt between all those minis. EA added some knee-height stuff in EPs but they're all weird; futuristic, exotic, old-fashioned etc.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 12:44 PM
What you say is absolutely true! I was also quite disappointed by the choices of the skirts. Thank you for finally creating a nice and simple skirt! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 12:06 AM
I only wear skirts too and find it very disappointing that as in real life for me it's often hard to find cute skirts for my sims that look nice ):
thanks for all your hard work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:09 PM
fantastic dress thanks m8
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 10:56 PM
Great job, thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 8:14 PM
thanks i say you did a very nice Job on this Skirt and the seam looks hardly noticeable
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 10:13 AM
I hardly bothered with one-piece bottoms for lady sims until now. Thanks!
VTK
Page 1 of 2