Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Grimm Manor

by Diwtay Posted 1st Aug 2014 at 8:22 PM - Updated 1st Aug 2014 at 8:35 PM by Diwtay

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 8:42 PM
I really like this house. I like the original even better! Is there any way to download that version? I would particularly like to know where you got the birds - they were a really nice effect!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
I really like this house. I like the original even better! Is there any way to download that version? I would particularly like to know where you got the birds - they were a really nice effect!

I do still have a copy of the original but I can't remember where I found the majority of the larger flying Crows. With out being able to properly credit the creator and provide a link modthesim will not allow me to post it. I spent weeks trying to track down the original link I downloaded them from. My current guess is that they may have been a conversion of a Sims 2 item by a creator called suiryuue on TSR. I have had a similar problem tracking down a few other items from Helena as well.

The small double crows as well as some of the standing crows with wings being spread from a set called Halloween Decorations by Cemre that can be downloaded on the TSR.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 10:02 PM
I really love this house! In the original, I see tea sets. Where did you get those? I really love the original as well.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mybabydevyn
I really love this house! In the original, I see tea sets. Where did you get those? I really love the original as well.

The tea set pieces are from ATS3. They make a lot of really amazing kitchen related CC that I like to use on my personal lots.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 12:31 AM
I know the fog emitter will produce flying crows, but the only codes I can find for standing or walking birds are for PIGEONS. aargh.

And the crows in these animations don't circle around the fog emitter, but stay flying in one direction, and sort of drift back.

codes for flying crows are:

bird2
bird4

I love the desaturated golds and browns of this Victorian. Great work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 1:33 PM
Thanks so much, this is great!

Are these possibly the TS2 converted crows: http://sims-new.my1.ru/forum/4-20-665-16-1279405964 (parent blog: http://helen-sims.blogspot.com/2010...-post_19.html)?

I couldn't get them to download from either of the original links, but after a lot of scouring, I did find a Korean page that worked.

At any rate, this is a wonderful house. My family and hayride-loving bots think it's great.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 5:35 PM
Gorgeous!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Diwtay
I do still have a copy of the original but I can't remember where I found the majority of the larger flying Crows. With out being able to properly credit the creator and provide a link modthesim will not allow me to post it. I spent weeks trying to track down the original link I downloaded them from. My current guess is that they may have been a conversion of a Sims 2 item by a creator called suiryuue on TSR. I have had a similar problem tracking down a few other items from Helena as well.

The small double crows as well as some of the standing crows with wings being spread from a set called Halloween Decorations by Cemre that can be downloaded on the TSR.

That's too bad, but this is still a beautiful house! I think it makes a much better Goth manor than what they have in the game. (And I know it's Grimm manor not Goth manor, but I still think it would be better for the Goths.)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe
I know the fog emitter will produce flying crows, but the only codes I can find for standing or walking birds are for PIGEONS. aargh.

And the crows in these animations don't circle around the fog emitter, but stay flying in one direction, and sort of drift back.

codes for flying crows are:

bird2
bird4

I love the desaturated golds and browns of this Victorian. Great work.

I found a standing, animated crow here if you're interested...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 11:02 PM
thank you so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 7:12 PM
I only have the Base Game and the only EP I have is Late Night. Will this still work for me?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 10:06 PM
I was looking for a spooky old gothic house to fit on a 40x40 lot with sufficient bedrooms for a family of 7, and this fits the bill perfectly. Thanks.