Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Housekeeper Service - v1.2 (9th Dec 2014)

by douglasveiga Posted 19th May 2014 at 5:40 AM - Updated 9th Dec 2014 at 11:38 PM by douglasveiga

154 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 63 Feedback Posts, 90 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th May 2014 at 7:38 AM
Awesome mod! One question - is it possible through a mod (such as Master Controller) to get her to wear a different outfit? Or is the housekeeper considered an "object" and can't be changed that way?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th May 2014 at 7:57 AM
You did it again! Another useful, fun mod :-)
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th May 2014 at 8:52 AM
This looks amazing! One question though - under the "Uninstall Instructions", you mention waiting until the gardeners leave. Does this mod also cover gardening services? And if so, do the harvested items go into the family inventory, or how exactly does that work?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th May 2014 at 9:46 AM
i'll love you for ever
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 19th May 2014 at 10:13 AM Last edited by egureh : 20th May 2014 at 8:49 AM.
Great! I'm bored with my butler or maid, this is what I want. Thanks!
One Minute Ninja'd
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th May 2014 at 11:15 AM
Oh, thank you! And with this new option for a clean and neat home, a big thanks from my neurotic sims who always freak out around Bonehilda. Now they can have a maintenance free home as well!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th May 2014 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Oh, thank you! And with this new option for a clean and neat home, a big thanks from my neurotic sims who always freak out around Bonehilda. Now they can have a maintenance free home as well!

^This so much!

So this works a bit like Bonehilda, won't have needs that be satisfied. Yay! I hope it will not try to take care of the kids or pets. I have the perfect little room it can live in and another plus, it will eat some of that excess income my sims tend to make. Adding the special room for that little urchin now. Thank you very much.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th May 2014 at 3:14 PM
I hate bonehilda, finally this seems to be the perfect replacement! I love all of your mods! Thanks so much for all the work you put into them! :)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 19th May 2014 at 3:18 PM
Thanks.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 19th May 2014 at 3:33 PM
I'm so happy that you found the time to bring this service is back. Thank you so much! Just a little hint. In your uninstall instructions you wrote "wait until the gardeners leave". I suppose that's a copy/paste from your Gardener mod and should rather be "wait until the housekeeper left".
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 19th May 2014 at 4:28 PM
Does her/he do anything with pets and babies? Nice mod, thank you!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 19th May 2014 at 4:31 PM
I'm so happy to see the return of the Live-In Maid in a new incarnation! Thank you so much for your awesome work as always! Does this mean our prayers for the return of the live-in chef may follow? That would just be the icing on the proverbial cake!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 19th May 2014 at 4:45 PM
Hi douglasveiga, I really like this mod, and I translated the strings into Chinese.
Here is the translation for both CHI-CN and CHI-TW, in case you need it.
Thanks again for your great work! :lovestruc
Attached files:
File Type: zip  HousekeeperStringTable_CHS_CHT.zip (744 Bytes, 29 downloads)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 19th May 2014 at 5:46 PM
Looks like the Butler might join the list of the unemployed! Thank you douglas.
Test Subject
#16 Old 19th May 2014 at 6:28 PM
Awesome! I love it! But, I think, standing at the light for hours is a bit creepy. Maybe you'll make housekeepers sitting in a houskeeper service armchair insteed? It will be more realistic.
Inventor
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th May 2014 at 7:18 PM
Thank you, guys.

Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
Awesome mod! One question - is it possible through a mod (such as Master Controller) to get her to wear a different outfit? Or is the housekeeper considered an "object" and can't be changed that way?

I believe it's possible.

Quote: Originally posted by Codysgirl
This looks amazing! One question though - under the "Uninstall Instructions", you mention waiting until the gardeners leave. Does this mod also cover gardening services? And if so, do the harvested items go into the family inventory, or how exactly does that work?

I fixed the information. The housekeeper doesn't garden.

Quote: Originally posted by Snugglypoo4
I'm so happy that you found the time to bring this service is back. Thank you so much! Just a little hint. In your uninstall instructions you wrote "wait until the gardeners leave". I suppose that's a copy/paste from your Gardener mod and should rather be "wait until the housekeeper left".

I fixed the information. thank you.

Quote: Originally posted by Lulu_c
Does her/he do anything with pets and babies? Nice mod, thank you!

No

Quote: Originally posted by Studio954
I'm so happy to see the return of the Live-In Maid in a new incarnation! Thank you so much for your awesome work as always! Does this mean our prayers for the return of the live-in chef may follow? That would just be the icing on the proverbial cake!

I updated the Chef mod a couple weeks ago.

Quote: Originally posted by egureh
Hi douglasveiga, I really like this mod, and I translated the strings into Chinese.
Here is the translation for both CHI-CN and CHI-TW, in case you need it.
Thanks again for your great work! :lovestruc

Thank you, I will include in the next update.

Quote: Originally posted by peeqa
Awesome! I love it! But, I think, standing at the light for hours is a bit creepy. Maybe you'll make housekeepers sitting in a houskeeper service armchair insteed? It will be more realistic.

I could do it, but the worker might stay several hours sitting instead of working. That is what happens with Butlers and Resort Maintenance.
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th May 2014 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
I could do it

Cool! IMO it's still better then standing without rest like a walker from Walking Dead.

And I was so excited, I translated the stings too. Into RUS-RU. I hope Google Drive is ok.

HousekeeperStringTable_RUS_RU.rar
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 19th May 2014 at 7:50 PM
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for so I don't have to keep track of what needs fixing.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 19th May 2014 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peeqa
Cool! IMO it's still better then standing without rest like a walker from Walking Dead.

Ha ha ha! I just had an image of a zombie cleaning house. Now THAT would be fun to do for an evil witch - use NRaas MC to change the appearance to a zombie, so he/she can have an undead cleaning the house! Awesome!
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th May 2014 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
Ha ha ha! I just had an image of a zombie cleaning house. Now THAT would be fun to do for an evil witch - use NRaas MC to change the appearance to a zombie, so he/she can have an undead cleaning the house! Awesome!

Gonna do it right now!

It's a great idea for apocalyptic worlds.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 19th May 2014 at 9:59 PM
I wonder, do these housekeepers sleep? Can we assign bed to them as with Butlers? Or they sleep randomly? ... Or they stay on 24/7 without being tired either?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 19th May 2014 at 11:00 PM
is it possible to have him/her sleep when everyone in the household is asleep?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 20th May 2014 at 12:29 AM
Bravo! Awesome mod. Thanks!
Test Subject
#25 Old 20th May 2014 at 6:41 AM
Hi douglasveiga! Loving your mod. Is it possible for the housekeeper to leave a serving of food out for a longer period of time before they come rushing to put it in a fridge? I have the synthesizer food maker thingy and roommates have been making servings but not have time to grab a plate before the housekeeper puts it in the fridge. This results in a lot of food in the fridge. Thank you! Wonderful mod!
Page 1 of 7