Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mighty Mansard Redux! - Store Edit & More - UPDATED

by Qahne Posted 17th May 2014 at 4:29 PM - Updated 29th Nov 2019 at 2:16 PM by Qahne

81 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 44 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th May 2014 at 5:06 PM
Your improvements on the latest store set look really great. I've got them now and test them tomorrow. Thank you so very, very much for sharing the improved mansard stuff with us and - last, but not least - for the collection file, which is extremely helpful.
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th May 2014 at 5:49 PM
Omg - windows! Functional windows! Thank you so much for this. It was my biggest disappointment with the Now & Then set, so you have really saved the day with this!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 17th May 2014 at 5:57 PM
Absolutely amazing, thank you!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th May 2014 at 5:57 PM Last edited by Bily jednorozec : 17th May 2014 at 7:32 PM.
Brillant idea! I've already downloaded after EA's Colonial Manson set release Goggalor's mansard roof conversion, because disapointed with fake window on EA's mansards. Thank you so much, I'll download and test yours creation in my game too.
Only thing to add: Goggalor's pieces are visible from map view, EA's not. I've managed to make visible from map EA's glass roof pieces setting it as "large object" in ObjectsFlags and "IsGreenhouse" in ObjectsFlags2. Those pieces are visible from map view but aren't disturbing view from lower floors. (Thanks to Inge, who convinced me and helped with updating ObjectFlags2 on SimsWiki).
I'm hoping, that I'll find yours creation in my map view too (I know, that Goggalor's mansards are created as wall decor and those are showing on map). If not, do you know how to do it?
Have a marvelous day and thank you!
Edit: just closed my game, yours roofpieces are visible from map view = one huge thanks more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th May 2014 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bily jednorozec
I'm hoping, that I'll find yours creation in my map view too

Yeah, I set the pieces as large objects - I know some people would rather have them disappear in map view so they can play the house easier, and others would rather just see the roof pieces from all zoom levels, but I decided to go with the option I preferred. I'm glad you like it, I was pretty worried that I'd get some hate because of that!

Quote: Originally posted by Bily jednorozec
I've already downloaded after EA's Colonial Manson set

And damnit, I hate that EA marketed it as a colonial mansion - all over the Sims 3 sphere I seem to see people calling their own Second Empire builds "colonial style", when the style only came about in the US in the 1850s, a generation after the colonial era ended! Gah, my obsession with art history gets the better of me sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 17th May 2014 at 8:47 PM
Thanks so much for these! Second Empire is one of my favorite architectural styles, too, and having more options is always a good thing.

I've just downloaded these so will test them in my game tonight.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th May 2014 at 10:04 PM
Nice work!! Thank you very much for sharing your redux.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 17th May 2014 at 10:31 PM
This is fantastic...to finally be able to make a proper mansard roof! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th May 2014 at 10:45 PM
This is fantastic thank you so much x x
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 17th May 2014 at 11:49 PM
Yes! This is more useful to me. I never got the store set, so another feather in my cap. Thank you very much.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#12 Old 18th May 2014 at 1:07 AM
I haven't got the store set although I really wanted to. Glad I had to wait to get simpoints because now I don't have to with your wonderful creation!! Thank you so much.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 18th May 2014 at 1:16 AM
The feeling of depth produced by these windows is striking. I'm really looking forward to experimenting with both the windows and the interesting roof shapes you've provided. Thank you for your wonderful work.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 18th May 2014 at 1:38 AM
You are a wizard! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 18th May 2014 at 1:54 AM
I must say this is just amazing! One of the best creations & idea's i have seen in awhile on here! Thanks so much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 18th May 2014 at 2:58 AM
So perfect, thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 18th May 2014 at 3:13 AM
I love this! I have the store set, which is fine for houses that don't need functional attics but these are perfect for the house that I am building that does.
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th May 2014 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The Regal Sim
I must say this is just amazing! One of the best creations & idea's i have seen in awhile on here! Thanks so much!

I'm really glad you like this so much, I must say that your creations have really breathed a lot of Rococo life into my historical games! Glad that I can repay you in kind with a creation you'll certainly find useful

Quote:
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 18th May 2014 at 5:03 AM
Great work ! Many thanks !
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 18th May 2014 at 5:58 AM
Thank you for the great work.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 18th May 2014 at 10:16 AM
Thanks a lot for this work! I felt exactly the same, when i looked into this set, and thought, okay, you got the broken windows at least. But now the roofs are useful, and they were, why i wanted to get this set in the first place.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 18th May 2014 at 2:12 PM
As much as I love the new and MUCH improved mansard roof pieces, I have to ask - where you get the M&G fence, column and door? They really complete the second empire look.
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th May 2014 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
As much as I love the new and MUCH improved mansard roof pieces, I have to ask - where you get the M&G fence, column and door? They really complete the second empire look.

The rest of the Second Empire set is still WIP - I will probably release them before the month is over, but no promises!

The column and porch fence are ready to go, the double window needs remapping, the privacy window and door need retexturing, and I haven't even started on the bay window yet. I'm also going to ask Leefish if I can convert her wonderful add-ons, too, so expect a couple more Second Empire sets out of me before The Sims 4 comes out.

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Mad Poster
#24 Old 18th May 2014 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
The rest of the Second Empire set is still WIP - I will probably release them before the month is over, but no promises!

The column and porch fence are ready to go, the double window needs remapping, the privacy window and door need retexturing, and I haven't even started on the bay window yet. I'm also going to ask Leefish if I can convert her wonderful add-ons, too, so expect a couple more Second Empire sets out of me before The Sims 4 comes out.

I love you. :lovestruc

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 18th May 2014 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I love you. :lovestruc

I'll accept marriage proposals and traveler's cheques as payment

Leefish just gave me permission to convert her add-on set, so it looks like I have more work to do!

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Page 1 of 4