Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 7:43 PM
Default InTeen
Okay i just need to know which one i download cause the inteen has many different downloads and Do i download ACR separate or is it already in inteen?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 7:54 PM
Which InTeen you use is based on which latest released EP you have. If your profile is correct then then you may need the one for Apartment Life. ACR is a separate mod, and I don't know if it conflicts with inTeen or not.

(InTeen support is at Simbology. A hint if you are having problems trying to register: you need a non-web based email (like through your ISP).
Undead Molten Llama
#3 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 8:05 PM
For both Inteen and ACR (if you want both), you download the file that matches your latest EP. Plus, you download any Flavor Paks you want for Inteen, which will alter how it functions so you can pick and choose different details. Be sure to read the manual for both and make sure that you don't have any other hacks that will conflict with either. (Inteen is more likely to conflict with other things than ACR, at least in my experience.) If you have conflicting hacks, some conflicts can be resolved by changing load order, but in some cases you'll have to pick which is more important to you and uninstall the hack that is less important to you.

And yes, they are compatible with each other and I, personally, wouldn't play without either.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 8:46 PM
With you having AL you may want to forgo InTeen and go with the new teen mod at Simbology called Wild Child http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8601.0

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 8:52 PM
I would not play without Inteen. I have all EP's and SP's though...
I looked at that wildchild mod. It seems like a very cheap alternative to Inteen. Too many limitations to my likings.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 8:57 PM
Wild Child does not have a miscarriage-function like Inteen, just fyi. I also don't like Wild Child because the thread gives me the impression that it does more than it tells you it will. Not getting proper information about things is a big no-no to me, specially with mods. Only MATY gets a pass, because they are too useful to ignore, despite the shitty information.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 9:03 PM
Funny..I had the impression that it does way less, than i would expect. lol

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 9:05 PM
Okay i will give both mods a try and see if they work!! Oh and should i do flavor pack or just go with the regular?
Undead Molten Llama
#9 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 9:21 PM
If you want the features of a flavor pak, then get it. If not, don't. Flavor paks are options you can add to Inteen, if you want them. Only you can decide which, if any, you want.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
With you having AL you may want to forgo InTeen and go with the new teen mod at Simbology called Wild Child http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8601.0

That was certainly my experience, InTeen seems to be a minefield of problems. I experimented with several versions and all of them made my sims unable to age normally. Incidentally, when I went to the inteenimator website to ask for help on that, I was met with a huge flashing sign reading " DON'T YOU DARE EVEN THINK OF CONSIDERING ASKING US ABOUT INCOMPATIBILITY, IF YOU'RE TOO INCOMPETENT AND, FRANKLY, SMELLY, TO FIGURE IT OUT, DON'T COME CRYING TO US " Now far be it for me to complain about something being offered to me for free, but I was a bit miffed. I'll have to give wild child a try now, that one looks very promising.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 9:50 PM
Inteen you must make sure you put it in the right load order other wise it will conflict like other say it will and I still have not found out which order it needs to go in on some setups.

Wild child on the other hand maybe has less than Inteen does but so far it does not conflict with any thing other than other Teen/Adult mods and can go in any order you want to.

InTeen will age your teen to adult in teen body while pregnant and Wild Child will leave you teen as a teen this was the main selling point for me.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Undead Molten Llama
#12 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 9:55 PM
I had a look at that Wild Child thread and, frankly, I agree with what AncientHighway was saying. For me, the lack of random miscarriage plus the lack of YA preg and families allowed on Uni lots is a total dealbreaker. And beyond that, it just looked like a rehash of Inteen, the major difference being that Wild Child doesn't "background age" a teen to adult in order to accomplish pregnancy. And that background aging doesn't bother me, so...?

As for incompatibility...Put it this way: I have close to 1000 hacks installed in my game, everything from fixing small things that annoy me to adding major chunks of functionality like Inteen or ACR do. I installed Inteen when I already had probably hundreds of other hacks installed. IOW, later in my game-playing time. Once installed, there was a period of adjustment. Yes, I had a few things already installed that conflicted with Inteen. MOST of those conflicts were resolved by making sure that those things that were conflicting loaded after Inteen. (Rather than trying to figure out specifically what was not liking what, I did this the easy way; I simply renamed files such that Inteen is always the very first hack that loads in my game, followed immediately by ACR.) This took care of most of the problems. After that, there were a couple things that conflicted no matter what order they loaded in. In those cases, I liked the features of Inteen better than I liked the features of those conflicting mods, so out they went. It took a bit of trial and error to find them, systematically loading the game with incrementally more hacks in before I found the specific ones that were conflicting. In any case, once I got it settled...zero problems. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. I'm not saying it was "easy," necessarily. It was time-consuming. But the features of Inteen were important enough to me that I was willing to put in the time to make it work,

This is why I say to read the documentation before your install. Said documentation will tell you about hacks that are already known to conflict with Inteen. Go into your downloads and see if you have any of them. After installing Inteen, when considering new hacks that have anything to do with pregnancy or aging or anything like that, see if the creator says whether or not the hack is Inteen compatible. If they don't, ask. Or, you know, try it in your game and if things go funky, then change load order to see if it fixes it and, if load order alteration doesn't fix it, then take out the new one or take out Inteen because you probably can't have both at once.

So, again, RTFM! And then RTFM again. If you do, it's easy. I promise. If you don't and go off looking for help and you ask questions that are already answered in the documentation, etc....Then yeah, you're going to get a rude response, especially if you've asked something that's been answered a zillion times already. As a creator myself (though not of mods), I can understand creators of mods getting impatient with questions from people who don't do the (easy) research themselves as to how to resolve conflicts or whether or not something will conflict, etc. Mod creators aren't customer service departments, and the info you need is likely already out there somewhere, and is usually easy to find, just a Google away. Really. Seriously. Or you can go to MTS, where people are nice and don't get sick of answering the same question eleventy billion times.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
I had a look at that Wild Child thread and, frankly, I agree with what AncientHighway was saying. For me, the lack of random miscarriage plus the lack of YA preg and families allowed on Uni lots is a total dealbreaker. And beyond that, it just looked like a rehash of Inteen, the major difference being that Wild Child doesn't "background age" a teen to adult in order to accomplish pregnancy. And that background aging doesn't bother me, so...?

As for incompatibility...Put it this way: I have close to 1000 hacks installed in my game, everything from fixing small things that annoy me to adding major chunks of functionality like Inteen or ACR do. I installed Inteen when I already had probably hundreds of other hacks installed. IOW, later in my game-playing time. Once installed, there was a period of adjustment. Yes, I had a few things already installed that conflicted with Inteen. MOST of those conflicts were resolved by making sure that those things that were conflicting loaded after Inteen. (Rather than trying to figure out specifically what was not liking what, I did this the easy way; I simply renamed files such that Inteen is always the very first hack that loads in my game, followed immediately by ACR.) This took care of most of the problems. After that, there were a couple things that conflicted no matter what order they loaded in. In those cases, I liked the features of Inteen better than I liked the features of those conflicting mods, so out they went. It took a bit of trial and error to find them, systematically loading the game with incrementally more hacks in before I found the specific ones that were conflicting. In any case, once I got it settled...zero problems. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. I'm not saying it was "easy," necessarily. It was time-consuming. But the features of Inteen were important enough to me that I was willing to put in the time to make it work,

This is why I say to read the documentation before your install. Said documentation will tell you about hacks that are already known to conflict with Inteen. Go into your downloads and see if you have any of them. After installing Inteen, when considering new hacks that have anything to do with pregnancy or aging or anything like that, see if the creator says whether or not the hack is Inteen compatible. If they don't, ask. Or, you know, try it in your game and if things go funky, then change load order to see if it fixes it and, if load order alteration doesn't fix it, then take out the new one or take out Inteen because you probably can't have both at once.

So, again, RTFM! And then RTFM again. If you do, it's easy. I promise. If you don't and go off looking for help and you ask questions that are already answered in the documentation, etc....Then yeah, you're going to get a rude response, especially if you've asked something that's been answered a zillion times already. As a creator myself (though not of mods), I can understand creators of mods getting impatient with questions from people who don't do the (easy) research themselves as to how to resolve conflicts or whether or not something will conflict, etc. Mod creators aren't customer service departments, and the info you need is likely already out there somewhere, and is usually easy to find, just a Google away. Really. Seriously. Or you can go to MTS, where people are nice and don't get sick of answering the same question eleventy billion times.

So Inteen and ACR in all simplicity they do work together? (Sorry i'm just making sure cause my brain got all mixed in everything)
Undead Molten Llama
#14 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 10:15 PM
They do, yes. Just fine. Probably because they were made by the same creator and he designed them to work together. Just make sure you download the right file for your latest EP and for heaven's sake, read the manual before you install either of them.

Mad Poster
#15 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 10:16 PM
What we need is a good SimPE mod maker to take a look at the Flavor Paks and make them work with Wild Child which would make me happy.

Or make it where InTeen leave the teen in age and body of a teen.

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 10:17 PM
@ICad I certainly don't want to sound entitled, I realize that creators are offering me the product of many hours of work for free. For the record, I respected the wishes of those creators, didn't pester them and just accepted that I was too smelly to have their mod, and that's nobody's fault but my own
Mad Poster
#17 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 10:24 PM
They do, yes. Just fine. Probably because they were made by the same creator and he designed them to work together. Just make sure you download the right file for your latest EP and for heaven's sake, read the manual before you install either of them.

I will add, Inteen works best if you put all files loose, in your Downloads folder, and NOT in subfolders. My own experience here.
Everything else i have (almost) is in subfolders. Even hacks. But not Inteen, and some others..maybe 4 to 5, to be precise.

Undead Molten Llama
#18 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 10:29 PM
@marka93: I have to ask, seriously, not rudely: What difference does it make if the teen is an adult in a teen body? With Flavor Paks that for instance mean they still go to school, they look and function exactly the same as teens. The only difference is that they will have an adult voice during their pregnancy. I guess maybe that could be annoying but, frankly, I welcome the break from the (to me) extremely annoying teen voices. So, overally, I just don't understand why another teen pregnancy mod is really necessary. Unless people really really like a hack that will conflict with Inteen, I suppose. I'd like to have the one that extends family recognition beyond what EA set, so that pixels see their in-laws and second cousins as family, but that irreparably conflicts with Inteen, so I can't have it. But I want the features of Inteen (and that Wild Child doesn't have) more than I want the extended family, so...I live with it.

@Heimlich: I guess what I'm saying is that you CAN have their mod. Whatever issue you had with it has probably already been answered somewhere, probably multiple times, and would be easy to find by Googling. Between the documentation and a bit of Googling, that was how I figured out how to make it work in my already-complex-at-that-point in time game set-up. But, if Wild Child will work for you, then have at that, too. You play an historical game as I recall, though; I would think the miscarriage feature would be valuable to you, if nothing else.

Mad Poster
#19 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 10:56 PM
@iCad I actually use S2L teen mod my self but if some one could make InTeen Flavor Paks work with Wild Child I would switch over. I like less intrusive mods and InTeen is a very big and intrusive mod.

The age thing does annoy me.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 11:07 PM
Ooh i put Inteen in organized folders in the downloads folder, I guess that's why Try for baby wont work.
Undead Molten Llama
#21 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 11:35 PM
^That might be it...or it might not be. I have Inteen and ACR and a few other "large" hacks in separate folders. That's how I set it up to ensure load order. Your issue might be load order. Or it might be an irreparable conflict. You'll have to fiddle with things, run the HDCU, and do some trial and error before it'll all work right. And, like I said, some things will conflict with Inteen (and/or ACR) no matter what you do. In that case, you must decide which is more valuable to you and keep only the more valuable mod because they will never work together.

@marka: Well, if it annoys you, it annoys you, I suppose. We all have our things. To me, it'd be far more annoying if teens could get pregnant and YAs couldn't. I mean, where would be the logic there? And since I have pregnant YAs way more often than I have pregnant teens, Inteen is really the only way to go. But everyone's game and the way they play is different, of course.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 12:07 AM
I'll be sure to move the folder right now, i'm just gonna mess around with the mod and then dump ACR into the mods folder.
Undead Molten Llama
#23 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 12:21 AM
^ I've found that generally (although I'm sure it's not the case with ALL mods), you'll want Inteen to load first. Just remember that the game loads folders and files alphabetically. Within the Downloads folder, it'll load any subfolders you have in that folder first, and it will load them alphabetically, then it will load anything "loose" in the Downloads folder, again in alphabetical order. So, it you want a subfolder to load first, rename it with a number or non-numerical character as the first digit, as those characters load before "A." If, on the other hand, you want something to load last, you'll want it loose in the downloads folder and renamed so that it starts with a "Z" or a series of "Z"s. The more Z's, the farther back you push it in the load order. I have my Inteen folder named "[Inteen" (without the quotation marks) and the files within it in proper alphabetical order. Generally, flavor packs need to load after the main Inteen mod, but they're already named that way, anyway. The HCDU can tell you what hacks conflict (although some hacks are INTENDED to conflict because one enhances/expands another) and in what order they currently load. Fiddling with that will resolve all issues except those that are truly irreconcilable and, in my experience, those are far fewer than the ones resolved by load order.

If you have any mods that allow pregnant sims to wear any outfit, then you'll definitely want that to load after Inteen.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 12:51 AM
^ I've found that generally (although I'm sure it's not the case with ALL mods), you'll want Inteen to load first. Just remember that the game loads folders and files alphabetically. Within the Downloads folder, it'll load any subfolders you have in that folder first, and it will load them alphabetically, then it will load anything "loose" in the Downloads folder, again in alphabetical order. So, it you want a subfolder to load first, rename it with a number or non-numerical character as the first digit, as those characters load before "A." If, on the other hand, you want something to load last, you'll want it loose in the downloads folder and renamed so that it starts with a "Z" or a series of "Z"s. The more Z's, the farther back you push it in the load order. I have my Inteen folder named "[Inteen" (without the quotation marks) and the files within it in proper alphabetical order. Generally, flavor packs need to load after the main Inteen mod, but they're already named that way, anyway. The HCDU can tell you what hacks conflict (although some hacks are INTENDED to conflict because one enhances/expands another) and in what order they currently load. Fiddling with that will resolve all issues except those that are truly irreconcilable and, in my experience, those are far fewer than the ones resolved by load order.

If you have any mods that allow pregnant sims to wear any outfit, then you'll definitely want that to load after Inteen.

Does ARC have like a LBGT kinda things, cause i'm thinking to get this mod, If only i can get it working cause it has a file missing i believe. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=310928
Undead Molten Llama
#25 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 1:10 AM
Do you mean does it add LBGT functionality? Not really. I mean, that's already a part of the game. It does allow you to assign gender preferences to specific Sims and to do so to your entire neighborhood at once, if you like. It's highly customizable in many different ways, both on the Sim level and on the neighborhood level. Read the documentation, and it will tell you all about it.

I'm not sure it it will work with or conflict with the mod you linked to. It depends on what code each modifies and whether or not they modify the same thing. That, I couldn't tell you.

Page 1 of 2