Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 2:05 AM
Default How Old Was Your Oldest Sim?
I haven't paid much attention until recently, but I've started noticing that none of my create-a-sims or townies have lived past 81 days old, and that's if they've spent most of their adult life with aspiration meter maxed. I've never gotten an in-game born Sim all the way to the point of dying of old age, so I don't know how old they can live to be...is there a cut-off or something, or has anyone had a Sim live longer than 81 days?
Advertisement
Meet Me In My Next Life
#2 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 3:16 AM
I do not have real old Sims in my Game ( Just the ones that came with the game or a few I made in body shop because yes you do need some elders ) I have the fountain of youth in my game Child, Teen, young adult and Adult.
Well that why I love the Sims 2 you have the options to play as you please. So I guess if I was to age up my few elders they would be like "Dracula" over a thousand year old.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Theorist
#3 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 3:33 AM
I think I had one make it to 82 once. Getting to 80 is pretty rare for me, though, even without rebuilds messing up the ages.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 6:34 AM
My sims usually get to their late seventies (I don't use any hacks or even elixir). At the moment I do have two sims who have just turned 80 and are still around.
Scholar
#5 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 12:31 PM
I had one in-game born sim who reached 84. Every birthday was in plat, she maxed aspiration points as a young adult so that might've affected it. She is the only one so far to get that old thou. Most of my townies who become playable only seem to make it to their mid/late 70s.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 1:04 AM
My oldest made it to their mid-80s, but most die in their 70s and occasionally in their 60s
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 3:30 AM
Noone's made it to their telegram from the Sim Queen? XD
Theorist
#8 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 5:59 AM
A story passed down through sim family history is about elders, if they live to 100, they will have their picture posted on the Simuckers Jelly jar. Haven't seen positive proof yet, though.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 12:39 PM
2 of my characters went over 80-Agatha Joseph was 84 when she died, and her husband Elijah was 83.

She went with great fanfare to her pixel maker, (hula girls and the whole 9 yards), but her husband was madder than hell that Grim came for him at all and fought it all the way. He didn't want to stop using that darned hot tub! He didn't get any special attention. Grim showed up and told him, 'Let's go, buster. You've had your fun."

I've never quite seen such a ornery reaction to dying. He certainly didn't want to go!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 4:15 AM
I had one old coot live to 113! He did wish for old age from the genie and he definitely got what he wanted. Every Sim day at 6PM I thought , well goodbye, but he kept hanging around.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 20th May 2014 at 8:40 PM
I think 83 was my oldest Sim. I just had an elder die at 80. Most seem to die in their late 60s early 70s.
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th May 2014 at 11:16 PM
118 days. I play one of the extended lifespan mods:
-baby = 2 days
-toddler = 4 days
-child = 8 days
-teen = 20 days
-adult = 60 days
elder = 10+10(platinum asp) + (1-10 random, 4 in his case) gave 24 elder days.
total 118. I am not 100% sure, but I don't remember him blowing his birthday cake candles not using the elixir,ever.
He was my 2nd generation Sim, thus the first non-CAS generation. Later I uninstalled the longer lifespan mod, since I have already all the career rewards and buiding max skills for the appropriate career (+ the old geezer as teacher) is very fast and un-challenging. 29 adult days plus the occasional sip from the elixir is enough, I think.Working on my 5th generation now. I'm still a newbie and I still play just one household.I have only the vanilla game+NightLife.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 21st May 2014 at 12:33 AM
I'll have to say, but I have no proof. I got that athlete in Belladonna Cove the old man with the last name of Chandler I think I forgot his name he lived to be 125 days, old no joke. and it was in the sims 2. I guess it takes a good aspiration when transferring to an adult to an elder, also keeping the aspiration high when an elder and most realistically, keep the their body healthy and in good shape I noticed that all these factors contribute toward a long living sim. the old man Chandler is a sim that is old to begin with and I had him living for 125 days once. that was my longest living sim and I have no reason to make up a lie, this was real. to make that happen again on one of my own sims (not Maxis made) I'll probably never find out. but i read in a strategy guide that aspiration meter has a lot to do with sims living longer along with their overall health and I am guessing have all body points.

many of you may disagree but try the Chandler family for your self he comes with all body points and is toward the top of the athlete career, and is an elder to begin with see for your self if you don't believe me. and no i never used the Exar of life once even once either

being nice to people has it's benefits and being mean or nasty has no benefit and your only hurting yourself in the long run.
if anyone want to make an angel like mine here is the wings link (blue eyes not included) sorry
http://modthesims.info/browse.php?tag=wings&f=38
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st May 2014 at 12:33 PM
Well I don't play Elder sims much I find them a bit boring really but my oldest sim was about 86 because she lived with my main family and there was 8 people in that house + the elder sim and I wanted to have another baby so I used boolprop & used 'Set To Birthday' to make life easier tbh
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st May 2014 at 3:15 PM
Sim health does nothing. It's just the fixed default 10 days, then a random number min1 max 10 and the aspiration bonus. Aspiration bonus can take away up to -2 days (if bottom red) or add up to +10 days (if platinum). thats all. Nothing else matter.But sounds and look cool if your sim is healthy and happy the day he/she transitions to being elder
Mad Poster
#16 Old 21st May 2014 at 10:57 PM
So "having a hard life" doesn't affect a Sim's length of life? I've had Sims that were miserable their whole lives, often nuts, often at death's door - I couldn't see it made any diff.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#17 Old 22nd May 2014 at 12:38 AM
You have to make your old sims sit down and rest more just like real old people, they have heart attacks because you let them walk around too much and feel them more salads, when i was playing Mortimer in TS2 he died of a heart attack before his death date because i let him walk around too much. It's like when they get sick you have to make them rest or they die.
Alchemist
#18 Old 22nd May 2014 at 1:14 PM
82 I think
Mad Poster
#19 Old 22nd May 2014 at 1:56 PM Last edited by marka93 : 13th Feb 2016 at 11:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Wiki
There are seven life stages in The Sims 2.
◾ Baby: (3 days)
◾ Toddler: (4 days)
◾ Child: (8 days)
◾ Teen: (up to 15 days) Note: Teens can grow up early in order to go to University.
◾ Young adult: (varies; usually 24 days) University only.
◾ Adult: (29 days)
◾ Elder: (varies; 9–31 days) Sims who have higher aspiration levels when aging generally get more time, but there is a random element. Followed by death.

Note: The durations of life stages stated here are subject to two caveats. The first is that the aging off cheat suspends aging for all Sims. The second is that, from Teen onwards, Sims can use the Elixir of Life reward object to prolong life by 3 days (if successful) or shorten it by 3 days (if unsuccessful). Drinking from the cowplant will also prolong life for five days.[University] A successful Give Me A Long Life wish will prolong life for four days.[FreeTime]

Max you can get is 114 days played or 90 as the age with out cheating. (There are ways to make it longer with out cheating.)

I had 1 sim who had 20 "Elixir of Life" bottles on his lot and you get 5 shots that add 3 days each for 300 days and he died a happy sim at just a little over 400 days.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
#20 Old 25th May 2014 at 6:46 PM
With enough elixir, or a vampire Sim, a Sim can live forever without cheating. However, 82 is the maximum you can get a Sim simply by having it live a good life. That's how long I got from such Sims as Carlos Contender (the UK's answer to Mr Chandler).

Grammapat, "a hard life" does affect a Sim's lifespan - but only if it was the adulthood part that was "hard". This is because it is obtained by having a Sim in the red aspiration, and the adulthood-to-elder transition determines aspiration's contribution to lifespan.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 25th May 2014 at 11:44 PM
I had one that lived to 83, a few others in the 80'es but none longer than 83.
What I have seen in my game - CAS sims normally never get so old - most of the die in their 70'es.
Townies that got converted to playables often die in their 60'es a few can get up above 70.
Born-in-game sims tend to get up in their 80'es more easily.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 26th May 2014 at 4:27 AM
Damn it all, you made me want to play Sims 2 again. x.x Back to reinstall for me...

When noregen hacks are not enough...you know what you must do. (RIP Mootilda , pay your respects in the thread and in her guestbook.)
Inventor
#23 Old 26th May 2014 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims 1
I'll have to say, but I have no proof. I got that athlete in Belladonna Cove the old man with the last name of Chandler I think I forgot his name he lived to be 125 days, old no joke. and it was in the sims 2. I guess it takes a good aspiration when transferring to an adult to an elder, also keeping the aspiration high when an elder and most realistically, keep the their body healthy and in good shape I noticed that all these factors contribute toward a long living sim. the old man Chandler is a sim that is old to begin with and I had him living for 125 days once. that was my longest living sim and I have no reason to make up a lie, this was real. to make that happen again on one of my own sims (not Maxis made) I'll probably never find out. but i read in a strategy guide that aspiration meter has a lot to do with sims living longer along with their overall health and I am guessing have all body points.

many of you may disagree but try the Chandler family for your self he comes with all body points and is toward the top of the athlete career, and is an elder to begin with see for your self if you don't believe me. and no i never used the Exar of life once even once either

Right, I'll certainly give him a go, and see how long he lasts. So far as I can remember, his name is in fact Carlos Contender, a reference to that film about boxing, with that huge actor who is not the Terminator: the film contains the line, "I could have been a contender!"
Mad Poster
#24 Old 26th May 2014 at 5:33 PM
Simona Akt (a CAS adult living in "Monroeville") lived to be 84 (I think?) which is the oldest sim I've ever noticed. I might have had Sims live longer, I don't really notice sometimes because I have 70 households in one hood, 28 in Monroeville, 25 in Milstone Lake and around 15 in Europa so it's hard to remember what age each sim died at. I've noticed that a lot of sims who have been married since early adulthood seem to die on the same day even though one was older than the other. That might just be a coincidence though.
I also remember that my Mum's simself lived for a loooong time because she was a family sim, and I'm one of 7 children - so she got 2 lifetime wants fulfilled (marry off 6 children and have 6 grandchildren) in no time at all.

Also as a kid I swear I read somewhere that an EP made it so that some sims got extra days of life? - I'm not sure which one or if it's true, because it's been about 4 years since I've had all EPs installed at one time and back then I never played rotations so my Sims didn't tend to age much. Anyone shed some light on this? I'm not sure if I was just a gullible child at the time or if it was an actual thing?

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#25 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 10:16 PM
*Apologies for the necro but I kinda wanna discuss this (again)...*

So it's safe to say that Sims, just like IRL, will have an increasing life expectancy, over time. Since I remember having Sims, when I first started my custom neighborhood, who lived up till 76/78 days old or so (more or less)... Now, however, I'm starting to have Sims who are reaching 80 days. Just now, a woman hit 81 as the clock hit 6 pm and she didn't pass away.

TBH, I'm not sure what the limit is EA has set, but it seems to me that there isn't one that's been specifically set. And clearly it depends on what your Sim has done and fulfilled throughout their lifetime.
Page 1 of 2