Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I assume you didn't notice the date of the last post?

Anyways, I've had more than a few unexpected children from ACR. I love it when that happens. twojeff's Triplets & Quads mod also turned the Ottomas twins into the Ottomas quadruplets, so yeah.

I have had a few, but if I really don't want it they take the morning after pill. On the other hand, yesterday, I had a sim who fancied both of a set of twins, and they him. Moved them all in together, and while I thought it might be fun if he had a baby with both of them I hadn't planned it quite yet. ACR thought differently. They are all Romance sims and I didn't think to check if they were trying for baby or just casually woohooing. Could be two accidents. :-)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 1:46 AM
I never had got an unexpected pregnancy, but my friend's sims had. 2 times in Sims 4 when she clicked put hem just for woohoo because she didn't wanted they to have a baby and 1 time in The Sims 2(She only had inTeen installed) then she put them just for WooHoo(Not for trying a baby), them she heard the conception lullaby and got really chocked and then she "Gaby this is even possible" and then I said "I didn't knew it was until, congrats this must be rare"
Field Researcher
#53 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
You don't have to have ACR to have unexpected pregnancies. If you have InTeen (or Risky Woohoo), you'll still be able to get oops babies.

I don't really see them as 'unwanted', because I want another child in the family, but I'm not sure I want to force them to literally try for one. That way, I'll have a small story as to how the child in question got conceived. Some families, though, are more 'careful'.

True, after the incident with my friend's sims, I looked up in internet and read somewhere that in the game itself without mods your sims have 10% of chance to get pregnant by normal Woohoo
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#54 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 2:11 AM
Well the internet is wrong, the only thing that gives your sims 10% chance is to add a mod. People who had pregnancies either had InTeen, risky woohoo or clicked the wrong option by mistake.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#55 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 10:54 PM
In my favorite custom neighborhood, I have twelve unplanned babies. I had one set of triplets, three sets of twins, and the rest were random singles. The mother of the unexpected triplets was pregnant when she died trying to fix the dishwasher.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#56 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 11:14 PM Last edited by FranH : 28th Jun 2017 at 10:24 AM.
Most of the time ACR hasn't been too bad-oh, yes, I've had quads-more than sufficient to hold me-in Bellefleur, Sandy London had them (which is why her husband suddenly starting having an affair)-and before that, Kitty Shaikh Goth had 4 plus one in a delivery. That was a game glitch-but I allowed it anyway because I wanted to see how this would work.
Kitty is long since deceased, but Don Lothario bred some really handsome, nice young men. Of course he never visits them, because he's not the overly paternal type, but he keeps in touch with them-they're charming, just like him, but without the lack of a moral compass. Not one of them is a romance pixel-that hasn't stopped the females in town from falling all over them, though.
So the answer is usually I get twins. Not many triplets, and only 2 instances of quads. Pretty ordinary for this game..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Inventor
#57 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 1:51 AM
I haven't kept count, but apparently none when I'm actually hoping for them . I've been playing a married couple in my tester/nonsense hood. In spite of giving them Family secondaries, they have so far refused to roll baby wants. ACR has yet to bless them with a surprise, even though I keep watching for the pop-up. If I were playing an unmarried lady sim who I didn't plan to get pregnant she would already have two kids!
Mad Poster
#58 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 2:32 AM
I've been using ACR for about 4 years and have had only 2 oops babies. The player actually has a large amount of control with ACR, but they need to read the whole Read Me TwoJeffs gives to know how to use the settings to get things the way they want.
Scholar
#59 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 10:02 AM
Tons over the years. I frequently forget to set the options with the Adjuster and there I am. I like babies though, and it makes the game more interesting.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Field Researcher
#60 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 10:18 AM
Two. Both were risky woohoo babies, only surprise babies my Sims can give me, because I disabled autonomous TFB option. I like control over my Sims reproduction, but I also don't mind to hear surprise chimes from time to time - it creates some drama and adds interesting storylines. 5% possibility is fine by me. If I absolutely don't want someone to have a kid I can change their ACR settings so they can't get pregnant.

This far ACR has worked fine, except for Sims autonomously woohooing on sofa at all the wrong times and places. I might disable that, too.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 11:24 AM
I don't find ACR gives me huge numbers of unexpected babies. They happen occasionally which is enough for me. If it was all the time it would be boring. I also like not to choose myself when my sims have babies. In fact I've more often been surprised at sims who choose not to have babies.

I have by default unmarried TFB disabled, that does mean unmarried sims can still fall pregnant with risky woohoo, but normally they'll wait until they are married and then have a sensible number. I also set their ideal family size (though I have noticed that this is flawed, and must be set to one less than you really want meaning that you can't actually set it to zero.)

I never use the birth control though. I sometimes disable outright TFB for individual sims but I always like them to have a risky chance. I set up the risky chance based on how neat a sim is (neat = likely to remember to take a pill) and with a higher exception if they're likely to be very careless (secretly wants a baby, wayward teen, etc)

ACR v2 is less surprise baby heavy than its predecessor allegedly.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 9:48 PM
None. I put lot of Sims on the pill, or I sent them to take the morning after pill. Babies are born when two conditions are met: a) Sims roll the want to have one, and b) I decide to fulfill their wish.
Hilarity ensues when they try, autonomously, to have a baby.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 4:24 AM
Ugh, I just got an 'oops' baby yesterday thanks to ACR.... Imbrium Goth is the only daughter of Alexander Goth and Angela Pleasant, and unfortunately looks EXACTLY like her father. She recently graduated from Uni, and threw a party to celebrate. She invited a select bunch of playables and a couple of random Townies to her place, then proceeded to get knocked up by Goopy Effing Gilscarbo in the hot tub. Argh. I can't begin to imagine what that baby is gonna look like....
Mad Poster
#64 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by klapaucius
Ugh, I just got an 'oops' baby yesterday thanks to ACR.... Imbrium Goth is the only daughter of Alexander Goth and Angela Pleasant, and unfortunately looks EXACTLY like her father. She recently graduated from Uni, and threw a party to celebrate. She invited a select bunch of playables and a couple of random Townies to her place, then proceeded to get knocked up by Goopy Effing Gilscarbo in the hot tub. Argh. I can't begin to imagine what that baby is gonna look like....

Do send screenshots when the kid grows into a toddler. I'm curious.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#65 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 4:35 AM
Many unexpected. Currently the ACR settings I use (the default, actually) make it so that most of my sim couples have 2 children in their lifetime if I don't intervene at all. The adult stage is slightly extended in my game which may contribute, but I haven't decided if or how I should change that. A recent one is Martin and Allegra Rueben, who got pregnant right after sending their teen daughter away to college, much to my surprise. Generally the kids are at least closer together in age.

A bigger issue I have is having the second pregnancy result in multiples. Dustin and Angela, who weren't planning to have many children, had three because they second pregnancy resulted in twins. Angela actually got pregnant a third time, but I nixed that one.

Same thing happened with Beau Broke and Georgia Newson, with the second pregnancy being twins once again. As a popularity/pleasure couple, kids weren't really a priority for them, not to mention the fact that they really didn't (and still don't) have a lot of money. They're definitely done now.

Heather Huffington got pregnant twice by Ashley Pitts, though it was her first pregnancy that resulted in twins. I allowed the next pregnancy because in my mind, she's not so careful when it comes to birth control. Not that I really used the birth control option- I like when my sims have kids- but I will intervene if I think it doesn't fit a couple by having them take the morning after pill or by changing their ACR settings.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 6:28 AM
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 11:58 AM
Only two. The 5% accidental pregnancy chance happened to me twice and both with the same couple! But I don't mind much, I like surprises...

The only weird thing in my neighborhood is that a lot of people seems to have twins all the time (I don't think it is ACR fault). There's two women that had twins twice in a row! But, as they share some relation (sisters-in-law, that is, the 2nd is maried to the brother of the 1st), I could give some biological/genetic excuse to it (though I don't know there's such thing in real life). The others twins in the town I interpreted as just a case of contrived coincidence...
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 10:27 PM
4-5, after years and years of using it. I have the risky woohoo/oops baby chance set to high, as well, since I like to let my sims have their whims instead of controlling who they make babies with. I'm surprised my number isn't much higher. But I'm the kind of player that fulfills wants, the LTW, and lets them choose their own romantic partners. I have default face templates and I don't use premades, so I haven't had any random weird looking babies yet. *shrug
Mad Poster
#69 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 5:10 PM
There is a token which causes sims to be more likely to have twins. It exists in real life too. A genetic quirk can cause women to release more than one egg per month. If they both get fertilised, twins!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#70 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 10:02 PM
I don't remember how many babies I've gotten from ACR, but I have a question about it.

Lilith Pleasant, off at college, was woohooing Thomas Broke and I heard chimes, which pissed me off. I don't want babies at Uni. I made her take the morning after pill and then set risky woohoo to zero. Does setting risky to zero apply only to Lilith or to all sims on the lot (there are nine Pleasantview YAs in this Uni house)?

I love ACR but some of the features annoy me. I have to remember in every neighborhood to disable Teen woohoo and definitely disable Teen-Adult romance (which is enabled by default), now I have to remember to set risky woohoo at zero in Uni. I'm still using ACR 1, because I don't know what "features" were included in ACR2.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 12:23 PM
I am not sure about unplanned - but I do have tons of twins. So either my Sims are blessed with them since I made them in CAS or it is due to ACR...
Scholar
#72 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 6:47 PM
None yet because I haven't tuned it for millions of babies.

Yet.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
There is a token which causes sims to be more likely to have twins. It exists in real life too. A genetic quirk can cause women to release more than one egg per month. If they both get fertilised, twins!

Ever heard of vanishing twins? That's when there's initially twins, but one of them is reabsorbed. It's pretty fascinating.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 3 of 3