Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 5:52 PM
Southern California resident here, and so far, "California Dreamin'" is still an accurate description. :B

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 6:28 PM
Bah, snow!
Whoever asked for more snow, you can have it all back. I don't want it!
Alchemist
#28 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 3:13 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 15th Jan 2014 at 10:36 PM.
I did! I DID! Give it to meeeeee!

Edit: It's almost mid-Winter and we still have fall. Rain, Wind and more rain.

I come in peace
#29 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 5:42 PM
Okay.... We got something that is called "winter".
But here it is mild 10°C in the evening and it's softly raining. Today the sun was shining and it almost felt like spring. What the hell is going on? I want my winter back! I need at least a little bit of snow and I need low temperatures and ice, ice baby! Moah :/
Scholar
#30 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
Yeah, let's send all our cold over to Indonesia! I heard that there's a possibility of a volcano eruption, and I think our polar vortex could freeze magma.

Well I'd love to see the battle of the elements. Fire versus ice.

Hey there! :)
Mad Poster
#31 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 4:37 AM
Last night I went out to give someone a ride and the temperature had dropped to 18ºF. This morning I went out to a tropical 40º - all the snow melted during the day . And now tonight the wind is blowing and it's 14º. This is one strange winter.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#32 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 5:10 AM
It really has been a strange winter. It's like Mother Nature can't make up her mind. I don't remember the exact temperatures but we've had differences of 60 degrees from one day to the next. (Not from 20 degrees to 80, lol. More like from way below zero to still damned cold.)

I was going to go out and run errands today and decided to go tomorrow instead.. after looking at our local forecast and seeing that it's supposed to get up to 8F tomorrow. It hasn't been cold like this in years where I live. Last winter the grass was still green at this time of year.
Instructor
#33 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 3:25 PM
cold and windy here, frost on the windows cold...I was nice and warm here with my heater on and the dog had to go out and stand there FOREVER.. by the time I got back inside, it took 15 min to get lukewarm..
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 4:08 PM
Once again we have a cold blast. My son's school has been closed Friday, yesterday, and today. He got two extra days on winter break due to the cold beginning of this month...the school district has reached its calamity day limit (5 days for Ohio, then they have to extend the school year) and now the governor's wanting to have more for this year.

Wind chill warning in effect until tomorrow noon, last time I checked.

We had to go out today and buy food, no getting around it, it was -13F out. I made sure my son was bundled up and my van was warmed up first...I am SO glad I got that new battery last year!

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Scholar
#35 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 6:26 PM
Here in Virginia it's -8F or -22C and it's miserable. I hate going outside even for a few seconds and keep putting off getting gas and going to the grocery store. This is supposed to be a southern state, not Alaska!

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 7:21 PM
Here in Kentucky it is 12 degrees and feels like 7 degrees, gonna get down to 4 degrees tonight :-( I used to absolutely love winter! I always said I would rather be freezing because at least you can cover up but during the summer if your hot there's not much you can do but sweat. But this winter had made me really rethink my perspective. I just moved into a new place last August and didn't realize this place was a million years old and all the chilly winds pass right through!! My heat has been set on 80 all week and my house stays at 59 degrees! I am sitting here now in two hoodies a jacket and a blanket! I really hope it warms up later this week. If it is alteast 30 outside my heat keeps it decently warm in my house. UGH please bring some warm weather soon!! I guess we were kinda due for a bad winter.....
Inventor
#37 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 8:39 PM
In central Alabama where I am, it's snowing. The last time it snowed was last year, but that didn't stick. It's been going for two hours now, and my phone says it won't stop till maybe 2 AM, so tomorrow morning will most likely be wonderful. :D
#38 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 3:17 AM
70F here...sorry guys :P
Instructor
#39 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 3:18 AM
Where are you?? i want to go! tooo cold here!!! 70 sounds nice!!
Scholar
#40 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 4:18 AM
Temperature here has been below 0F and the wind chill has been -20F and it's suppose to snow more over the weekend.
Scholar
#41 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 1:11 PM
According to the app on my phone, it's currently reading 4C (approx 40F), although due to the wet weather it's feeling more like -3C (approx 25F). Still, I'm looking on the bright side - it's not snowing!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Theorist
#42 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 1:37 PM
DAY TWO OF THE SOUTHERN SNOWPOCALYPSE

The frigid invasion from the north has shattered our transportations infrastructure, but not our resolve. Yesterday I saw children playing in the streets despite the desperate times we find ourselves in. Mothers and fathers are separated from their children by this alien chill, but we still hold out hope that one day the sunlight will shine once again upon our green and verdant lands. Much of the city is a ghost town though, people huddle in their houses terrified to go outside. I am well stocked with canned goods for now, but soon I may have to venture forth into the wasteland. I am not religious, but may whatever gods exist have mercy upon my soul.

- Mistermook
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 2:04 PM
I'm very glad I'm in Nova Scotia for the winter this year. Today is only minus twenty two with wind chill, but I'll gladly take this over the minus forty five we had in Alberta for a week straight last year. Right now it's calling for ten cm of snow. It's rather pretty. If it wasn't so cold, I'd take the baby out to play.
Alchemist
#44 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 3:51 PM
Winter has finally started over here.
Saturday night we've had about 25cm (Ca. 10 Inches) of snow, which is all Ice now, freezing has started. Today we have -10C (Approx. 16F)

I come in peace
#45 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 4:06 PM
Winter finally come to my country too.But not how I expected.Not much snow and freezing to -25C.When days are windy it feel like it is - 35C
Alchemist
#46 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 5:46 PM
Our -10C felt like -25C and I'm not used to that shit though.

I come in peace
#47 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
I did! I DID! Give it to meeeeee!

Edit: It's almost mid-Winter and we still have fall. Rain, Wind and more rain.

Here in MO our fall was pretty messed up. I love rain and would gladly take your wind and rain! We are supposed to have another winter storm tonight and tomorrow. About 3 weeks ago we got down to -34 degrees and a few days later it was almost 60. Argh!
Scholar
#48 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 8:05 PM
We're supposed to get a bunch of snow tonight and tomorrow (5 to 8 inches is a lot for here) but it's a balmy 50 degrees right now! I'm going to go for a walk soon

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
#49 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 12:05 AM
Could be worse, it's flooded over here.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Test Subject
#50 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 5:04 PM
Here in Portugal we are in the middle of a big storm :s it dosen't snow here, thank god!!
Page 2 of 2