Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hidden Springs.world with Fixes imported

by ellacharmed Posted 2nd Jan 2014 at 1:08 PM

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 10:45 AM
Does this world contain Redwood Peak or have you removed it?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 3:01 PM
This version is the one with RedPeak, and it matches the resources thread also here on MTS.

The no RedPeak version is on my blog. Or the link to it, in any case. There are differentiated by different world thumbnails. As you can see...
http://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/20...hidden-springs/
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 12:17 PM
Thanks Ellacharmed. I appreciate this a lot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 9:09 PM
Three cheers for ellacharmed! Hip! Hip! HOORAY! Hip! Hip! HOORAY! Hip! Hip! HOORAY!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 6:47 PM
Thanks you so much for this! Do you have them all? I wanna check out Dragon Valley.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 12:28 PM
http://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/20...xes-milestones/
That link would tell you what's done and not done. Or rather, the explanation of the percentages on the sidebar.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 12:38 PM
Thank you very much, Without your help playing these games would be impossible, Please will you be doing Roaring Heights.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 7:28 PM
thank you very much <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 11:01 AM
Thanks you!
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 3:44 PM
Just a small curious question. Some world fixes say put in docs menu structure some say programs structure, does it matter or should they all be in the installed path under programs for that specific ep? Just thought it might be an overworked typo from having the task of fixing the worlds on your sholders. Thanks
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 9:31 PM Last edited by Dragonminx : 6th Apr 2014 at 12:30 AM.
do i need the store hidden springs to get this? i don't have the store hidden springs
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 4:46 PM
Did you change the mailboxes? All the mailboxes are now the Colonial (base game) type.
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 5:26 PM
thankkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 9:40 PM
Great work. This is awesome.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 21st May 2014 at 11:37 PM Last edited by Eehna : 22nd May 2014 at 11:36 AM.
is it just me that can't fish from any non-lot placed fishing spawners?
like ocean and in the lake at the lower waterfall.
also, i have some serious lag during day time.
Test Subject
#17 Old 26th May 2014 at 8:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eehna

I'm not sure whether I am lagging on daytime or night time but my game is stuttering. When smooth, it was so smooth until I am so touched. Glad to have somebody with some problem or else I don't dare to post this.
By the way, thank you ellacharmed for fixed this map because it was clearly smoother than before so much but just with the stuttering problem with this fixed map. Don't know why. Sorry for my poor english.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 31st May 2014 at 7:21 AM
good
Field Researcher
#19 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 2:03 AM
Just a quick note - the instructions for downloading multi-part files is incomplete. I'm going to assume that, once I finish clicking Part 1, I should continue with Part 2, etc. The instructions don't actually say that. Such a big deal is made to follow instructions exactly that I feel I must comment.

EDIT: I just clicked on Part 1 and got the "world" file. I clicked on Part 2 and got an error so I'm guessing the extraction works to extract all with just 1 click - it isn't clear in the instructions.

But I am confused. I previously did Riverview... ran it over your .bat file and imported the 6 files into the S3PE file. With Hidden Springs, extracting Part 1(& Part 2?) gave me 1 file, which was the Hidden Springs.world file. I don't have the 6 files (in the instructions). It appears that this is the actual file that goes in the Installed World file to replace the one that is already there. Do I assume it has been recompressorized or do I need to do that again? Speaking of, since I imported the fixes for Riverview, do I need to recompressorize it again?
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 6:29 AM
How do I do this? after I extract it it says WORLD file.
What do I do now?
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BakaUshio
I'm not sure whether I am lagging on daytime or night time but my game is stuttering. When smooth, it was so smooth until I am so touched. Glad to have somebody with some problem or else I don't dare to post this.
By the way, thank you ellacharmed for fixed this map because it was clearly smoother than before so much but just with the stuttering problem with this fixed map. Don't know why. Sorry for my poor english.

I too am experiencing 2 second stuttering. Effects are still in motion, but sims get frozen. Deleting the newly generated world caches only lengthens the smooth gameplay until 5 real time minutes later.

Other than the above, I already feel the difference compared to the EA release. ErrorTrap isn't reporting anything either.
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 3:06 PM
do you need the store hidden springs ? because it doesn"t work
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by martintallon
...Some world fixes say put in docs menu structure some say programs structure, does it matter or should they all be in the installed path under programs for that specific ep? ...
Yes, it matters! Because the installation methods are different. Store Worlds path is different from EP Worlds path.

Quote: Originally posted by Dragonminx
do i need the store hidden springs to get this? i don't have the store hidden springs
Quote: Originally posted by lolieve
YES! You DO need the Store world. Because, otherwise you wouldn't have anything to replace when you reach this part of the steps "replace the default version", now do you?

Quote: Originally posted by Cedia
Did you change the mailboxes? All the mailboxes are now the Colonial (base game) type.
Nope, I didn't. Do you have a mod for mailboxes, by chance?

Quote: Originally posted by Eehna
Pic, please? Where exactly? These are already pre-existing spawners in these locations? Or you added them yourself via Debug or a mod or something else?
Quote: Originally posted by BakaUshio
@Eehna & @BakaUshio,
Can you both pinpoint this time further? What action is queued up?

Quote: Originally posted by kslibra
Just a quick note - the instructions for downloading multi-part files is incomplete. I'm going to assume that, once I finish clicking Part 1, I should continue with Part 2, etc. The instructions don't actually say that. Such a big deal is made to follow instructions exactly that I feel I must comment.

Instruction on the download thread "Download all parts of the world"
Instruction on the SimsWiki "after you have downloaded and renamed all the files,"
- yes, instructions don't explicitly say do Part 1, then do part 2, then do part n. I use the blanket word "all". Well, because I'm lazy...and secondly, I subscribe to the DRY "Don't Repeat Yourself" philosophy as I do in coding.

EDIT: I just clicked on Part 1 and got the "world" file. I clicked on Part 2 and got an error so I'm guessing the extraction works to extract all with just 1 click - it isn't clear in the instructions.
Do you have a suggestion on how I can improve the instructions?
Instruction on the download thread "Right-click on the file with "part1" in its name and "Extract here", or whatever command your program uses. "
Instruction on the SimsWiki "right-click on first part and "Extract here" "

But I am confused. I previously did Riverview... ran it over your .bat file and imported the 6 files into the S3PE file. With Hidden Springs, extracting Part 1(& Part 2?) gave me 1 file, which was the Hidden Springs.world file. I don't have the 6 files (in the instructions). It appears that this is the actual file that goes in the Installed World file to replace the one that is already there. Do I assume it has been recompressorized or do I need to do that again? Speaking of, since I imported the fixes for Riverview, do I need to recompressorize it again?
Sorry for your confusion. I do hope you realized that you're commenting on the .world download thread; whereas for Riverview I gathered that you downloaded the Resources version. Resources and .world versions need to be treated differently. Yes, the .world file has been recompressorized. As this is already the full .world download where I had done the importing of the fixed resources for you guys, why would you need to recompressorize again?

Quote: Originally posted by jannmarieforever
How do I do this? after I extract it it says WORLD file.
What do I do now?
Umm...read the rest of the instructions? Specifically:
Quote:
Place the extracted & joined .world file in this path and replace the default version. (You have backup, right?)

@trcyz,
same question to you as for @Eehna & @BakaUshio above. I repeat here for your convenience
Quote:
Can you both pinpoint this time further? What action is queued up?

@lolieve,
my answer to you is tagged on to @Dragonminx's above, in case you missed it.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 11:37 PM Last edited by Eehna : 6th Jul 2014 at 7:10 PM.
hi!

sorry, i didn't screen shot it, and now i have changed back to the EA world.
but it happened all along the coast line, so to speak. and those in that lake at the very bottom of the waterfall. there is no lot there.
all those pre-existing spawners, that is not placed on any lot. i tried them all.
but those on lots worked fine, both pre-existing and and those i added myself.

this seems to also be happening in france, so i will check all the WA worlds and get some screenshots for you.
i'll PM you once i have.

i'll also check in the rest of the worlds that i got your fix for, but it might take some time.

and the time when the lagging happened, well, all during the day. from sunrise to sunset.
and i had all sorts of tasks lined up - going to work, gardening, fishing, going to the park and being in the park, painting, reading - and doing absolutely nothing.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lolieve

of course you do. this is a FIX for the store world, not the world itself put up for download.
Page 1 of 3