Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bleakburn Hall Victorian Gothic

by KirsiF Posted 7th Oct 2013 at 7:47 PM

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 4:18 AM
This is an awesome home!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 1:22 PM
Wow! It looks wonderful and dark. The floor plan looks historically accurate too, which is a big thumbs up in my book. Well Done!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 2:04 PM
Thank you both! I know nothing of actual floor plans or real historical buildings so nice to know it manages to look accurate!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 7:23 PM
My hubbie and I were drooling over this house! It's our style, we both love it!!!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Scholar
#6 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KirsiF
Thank you both! I know nothing of actual floor plans or real historical buildings so nice to know it manages to look accurate!

Really? Well what you've done here is one of the best example I've seen here at MTS. I hope we get to see more works of this quality in the future
Suddenly Backwater Belle has competion for being my favourite download from MTS.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 1:37 PM
Thanks for this beautiful estate, I only have one little issue: when checking the file with Custard, it reports that it's corrupt: "Contains another DBPF" (it's highlighted in red). Why is that ?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Occultine
Thanks for this beautiful estate, I only have one little issue: when checking the file with Custard, it reports that it's corrupt: "Contains another DBPF" (it's highlighted in red). Why is that ?

Sounds ominous!! I have no idea what that means. I mean I didn't get any notification from moderators while uploading. And I packed the lot "normally" with WinRar...
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 4:58 PM
Beautiful,but too many requirements
Captain Louie
retired moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 6:00 PM
This is beautiful! Great work!
Instructor
#11 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
Beautiful,but too many requirements

I agree, unfortunately.
I'll bet with your considerable talent you could make a base game (or at least store free) version that's just as good! Pretty please?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fxchrfxchr
I agree, unfortunately.
I'll bet with your considerable talent you could make a base game (or at least store free) version that's just as good! Pretty please?

I understand the requirements are quite a lot. But unfortunately I don't have that much extra time to spend with the Sims 3 ,so I only build for my own amusement. I find building with only base game to be very tedious since I've already used those objects dozens of times.

Anyway, most of the store stuff I used is purely decorative. The Gothique Window is essential but everything else can most likely be ignored and the lot will still function. It would just look a bit weird because the game replaces objects with base game stuff.
mature minion
retired moderator THANKS POST
#13 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 2:29 PM
Love the atmosphere you've created!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 7:47 PM
I have been trying to install this house for the past two days but for some reason it keeps getting uninstalled when I start the game. I'm running windows 7. Is there anyway to fix this?

The house looks amazing btw, I can't wait to use it.
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 11:58 AM Last edited by jardin_secret : 8th Nov 2013 at 2:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TimeSync
I have been trying to install this house for the past two days but for some reason it keeps getting uninstalled when I start the game. I'm running windows 7. Is there anyway to fix this?

The house looks amazing btw, I can't wait to use it.

Same here

EDIT: I found a working solution. I converted it to a .package and installed it into the Library folder. Works just fine!
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 6:10 PM
Hi,

a wonderful house. Sadly, it does not appear in my game even though I have the gold version of Midnight Hollow. According to my Launcher the house is installed. I have every addon up to Seasons and my game has the newest update.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 6:43 PM
Oh what beautiful gloom! Great job!