Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 6:38 PM
WooHoo, Lucia940! You got it!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 6:59 PM
I sure did! I hoped I would get it right and hope everyone can see the house and the pictures. I got a bit high in the air on the sky view though but I can still see. Now I know how to do it thanks to you and the time you took to teach me. Thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
WooHoo, Lucia940! You got it!

Do I get to compete? lol I don't think I stand a chance of winning but it will be fun. Do we use the same house for each round? I forgot to ask about that.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 7:50 PM
I'm checking in! Let's get some contestants! (and judges!) :D

I figure it's only fair that I "apply" to be a judge

I downloaded this beautiful house and I could not be happier! Great house!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lucia940
I downloaded this beautiful house and I could not be happier! Great house!

Thank you very much And no it will be a different house for each round, I'll announce it at the beginning of each round, and then you have to choose which of the families you think the home will work best for. And yes you get to compete

Also for the link in your siggy :D
Scholar
#81 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 7:58 PM
Looks like a really cool contest jones! I'm taking a break from contests at the moment (three of them back-to-back wiped me out) so I won't join in officially, but I'll pop the link in my siggy to help spread the word for you.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#82 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Selly_2009
Looks like a really cool contest jones! I'm taking a break from contests at the moment (three of them back-to-back wiped me out) so I won't join in officially, but I'll pop the link in my siggy to help spread the word for you.

Thanks a bunch, Selly! I plan on eventually doing 2 more cycles with the other two basegame hoods, too. Maybe by then you'll be back in contest mode, lol.
#83 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 8:26 PM Last edited by GlorianaGlowbee : 8th Oct 2012 at 8:26 PM. Reason: clarity
Will it be alright to crop the red pause border out? No other photo editing, just cropping.

I've searched FRAPS and GunMod's hack, and as far as I can tell there's no way to get the red borders off with just those. I found another additional hack/mod for removing the red pause border, but I'm really not sure if I want to put it in at this point. I'm a little hack-shy, haha.

Contest is in my sig and I'm rearing to go for round one!

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Scholar
#84 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 8:27 PM
I plan on eventually doing 2 more cycles with the other two basegame hoods, too. Maybe by then you'll be back in contest mode, lol.
I thought you might be planning on that. As for me, you never know, I may just be!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#85 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GlorianaGlowbee
Will it be alright to crop the red pause border out? No other photo editing, just cropping.

I've searched FRAPS and GunMod's hack, and as far as I can tell there's no way to get the red borders off with just those. I found another additional hack/mod for removing the red pause border, but I'm really not sure if I want to put it in at this point. I'm a little hack-shy, haha.

Contest is in my sig and I'm rearing to go for round one!

You can crop all you want. If you use cameraman mode, there shouldn't be pause lines, but cropping is fine too And thank for adding the link in your siggy! I'm excited to get going too, still need 4 more contestants by Saturday! I think we can do it! Especially with everyone adding it to their signatures
Field Researcher
#86 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 9:16 PM
Have a look, can be helpful: http://www.insimenator.org/smf/inde...ic,62217.0.html

Do I have to picture every room?

And yeah, I'm going to be another one to take part in contest
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Liv
Have a look, can be helpful: http://www.insimenator.org/smf/inde...ic,62217.0.html

No you do not have to have an individual pic of each room. That's why the top down pic is required, that way we can at least see the basics of every room in one shot. Just pic whichever rooms you think showcase the house best Just no more than 8 pics.
Field Researcher
#88 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 9:25 PM
Oh, thank you Nice to hear!

So here we go...

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#89 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 9:42 PM
Beautiful, Liv! You're the first person who moved the kitchen ( I did the same thing in my redone version: I'm playing along)

Only need 3 more contestants! The application will stay open till Saturday even if we get 10 before then, because I'll take up to 15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#90 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 9:51 PM
jones are we meant to use the insert image button? I was looking at your post to Lucia940, and I see that in your instructions. As I said in a previous post I'm not very photoshop savvy, I only know how to resize and change to jpgs because of the MTS tutorial I used when I first uploaded a lot here. I resize mine as close to 250kb as possible in Gimp, upload them to photobucket then paste the img line into my post. Is the other way better or is just a matter of preference?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Liv

And yeah, I'm going to be another one to take part in contest

Just what I needed too! Thank you for the mod link!!!
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 10:22 PM Last edited by Lucia940 : 8th Oct 2012 at 10:44 PM.
I don't know about anyone else, but I think Veronaville would be a great place to hold the next contest. They have homes that are not like any of the others in the other towns. I have hardly played with Veronaville but I think it would be a nice challenge and of course probably a sticky wicket! lol

It looks like I'm double or triple posting and I don't want to get in trouble, so could someone delete the extra posts please? They were in answer to other posts but I didn;t know you had to do your answers in one post. I thought you could answer those addressing you. I tried to delete them but can't, so if a mod would be so kind, I would appreciate it.

For "Jones" I Face Booked and Tweeted the contest.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 10:27 PM
[QUOTE=jones7659]Thank you very much And no it will be a different house for each round, I'll announce it at the beginning of each round, and then you have to choose which of the families you think the home will work best for. And yes you get to compete

Also for the link in your siggy :D[/QUOTE
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#94 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 10:30 PM
Lucia, just a heads up but you're not allowed to double or triple post. Edit your first post.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 10:33 PM
Two of the posts were in answer to another post. I'll delete my answers.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#96 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 10:34 PM
You can answer, just you do it all in the one post. Otherwise you may have a mod breathing down your back.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 10:43 PM
Default Hencing - Application
Loving all the entries so far. I'd thought I would have a go too, haven't played in a Maxis house in ages.

May the force be with you because you're worth it
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 11:14 PM
PS: Lipe2k love the contest plug in your siggy, hilariously worded :D

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. I never lose a chance to say something bad about EAxis

Lucia, I can see your entry perfectly! I'm really happy things worked out between you and your pictures!

This contest is already being really fun, and all the entries are looking great! I love building and decorating houses in my game, and if you do the same for all the other basegame neighborhoods count me in
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#99 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 2:15 AM Last edited by jones7659 : 9th Oct 2012 at 12:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
jones are we meant to use the insert image button? I was looking at your post to Lucia940, and I see that in your instructions. As I said in a previous post I'm not very photoshop savvy, I only know how to resize and change to jpgs because of the MTS tutorial I used when I first uploaded a lot here. I resize mine as close to 250kb as possible in Gimp, upload them to photobucket then paste the img line into my post. Is the other way better or is just a matter of preference?

What you did is fine. I was just trying to make it the simplest explanation possible, as she had already figured out how to attach them. Was just giving instructions for making attachments in-line as well That way is sometimes better, because if they are as attachments as well, they will always be here. But the way you did it is fine.

Welcome Hencing! Lovely entry!
Field Researcher
#100 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 2:33 PM
Glad to see the applications filling up - nearly there now

I want to get my game running and have a lil play along myself hehe... I've now realised that I actually know this property very well - the first sim I made was my self-sim and when she moved in with her husband, this was their first house!! The first 3 kids were born there! The original version of this in my game is therefore very much changed, I'd added a bit of an upstairs to it! The Burbs are living here in my Uberhood version...

Could I maybe suggest that Lucia, and anyone else entering who is new to contests or taking photos in game, spend a little time before the first round just playing around with the the cameraman mode (tab key) to get more confident and comfortable with it
Jones included a link in the first post that will help with the camera controls: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...reenshot_Basics
And there's a couple of helpful pointers in this tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=337362
Don't forget to have the walls up when taking pics too!

I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with for this, have fun with it!

Page 4 of 45