Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Borgin and Burkes Alchemy Shop

by Vera_J Posted 17th Sep 2012 at 11:49 PM

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 4:03 AM
Good job for no cc. : )
Are you not allowed to have CC in an upload?
I've never uploaded any of my lots....
You should upload the sign! It's awesome and different and something new!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 4:46 AM
I agree, it has just the right kind of atmosphere to be an alchemy shop; terrific upload!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 5:11 AM
Amazing! Are you planning on making anymore Harry Potter lots?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 6:23 PM
Thank you for nice comments!

@ zhyzathn: Including CC depends on the policy of the CC creator. (Sandy from ATS has a very open policy but I didn't include the skulls because I use only packages in my game, not sims3packs.)

@ Doreiku: Yes, the next one will most likely be Zonko's Joke Shop.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 7:48 PM
Thank you for telling me.
I don't know the rules and it's one of the main reasons I never tried to upload...because I don't know the rules. lol
This game is a replacement for my dollhouse hobby - and that's how I play with it, I look at buildings as scenes and each room has to be finely detailed - so I collect clutter stuff as I once used to buy tiny figures for making dollhouses and box scenes...but now that I'm on Social security I can't afford to do it anymore...so I do this instead...
Listen to me go on... sorry. lol

Any chance of getting you to upload that sign?
It's really unique and very, very good...which is always what I'm looking for... lol
I would give anything to know how to make things like that but, we folks who lived most of our lives before the interwebz existed tend to be slower to learn....like for the life of me, I can't figure out CAW... and terrain painting is one of my favorite things to do...I would really enjoy being able to paint huge landscapes ....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 8:14 PM
@ zhyzathn: If you want to upload something, just follow the rules and informations in the upload section.

I am not going to upload the sign, sorry. (It´s actually not a real sign, only a pattern photographed by one of my sims and put on the wall. It´s very easy to make CAP patterns. CAW is more difficult, try to read some tutorials.)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 3:59 AM
I can see it, it's on your building that I downloaded and added to my game. : )
It's unique...really nice...even if it's just a photograph.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 11:04 AM
I love the shop, 1 question :
How did you get all the potions and gems to show/display function.. (I figured out how to clone them (testingcheatsenabled true / buydebug) but when I clone them it doesn't show where in the catalog you can find them.. 'cause I would like to make a groceryshop myself and show for example etable appels, tomatoes, milk in a display but how do I get them?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 9:53 PM
@ marjojojoleintje: Potions, gems and similar items are not in the buy catalog at all. You can only place spawners using "buydebug" and then wait a day or two for a gem or insect to appear near the place where you put the spawner.
However you can make / buy potions etc. while playing. Then place them on shelves from your sim inventory.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 10:52 PM
aha and after that you change the lot into a community right? LOL I was thinking way to difficult then xD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 3:02 AM
This shop is just crazyawesome, even without whatever content I'm missing. (: Great job!

Unfortunately, MTS2's search on "alchemy" won't find it! I found it with Google!