Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Motorcycle Parking Spaces

by CyberBob78 Posted 1st Jul 2012 at 10:17 PM

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 10:39 PM
Coolness. What happens if I don't place multiple spaces next to each other? Will a car or truck park in the cycle space? That could actually be useful.
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 11:19 PM
If you don't place a parking spot next to the other parking spaces, vehicles will park in the parking spot. This is just a re-mesh of the parking spot.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 11:28 PM Last edited by NAJ P. Jackson : 2nd Jul 2012 at 12:20 AM.
Cool mod. Now I don't have to waste space parking my motorcycles in my lot.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 12:45 AM Last edited by CyberBob78 : 2nd Jul 2012 at 1:24 AM.
Yes, this is basicly just a re-mesh.
I did move the routes, container, etc etc around.
I also made the dds fit the smaller parking spot better.
But at heart, this is mostly a remesh.

It's in the script category because of the autovanish script I made.

If you want cars to use it ... just be sure not to place another spot or fence, etc next to it. If you want to prevent cars from using it, place a fence or another spot, etc next to it. It said that in the description by the way :P

I tried hard to get it to only let motorcycles use it. But, it just wasn't in the parkingspace script. Or rather, the things I tried didn't work from that script. For some strange reason, each vehicle has the required parking stuff in it's script. No, I'm not going to alter each and every vehicle :P

If anyone ever figures out how I can make this truly motorcycles only, please let me know, I'll be sure to give you the credit.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 1:17 AM
ingenious! always wondered why my motorcycle had to take up so much space. thank you for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 1:23 AM
Thank you so much! This is a great way to save space (should've been in the game in the 1st place, but who knows what EA was thinking) I had seen motorcycle parking spaces on another site but I wasn't able to download it. So I am glad that you uploaded to MTS. Keep doing what you're doing! :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 4:35 AM
Brilliant, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 8:45 AM
You have no idea how many times I wished for smaller parking spaces for motorcycles! Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 11:00 AM
Great idea, thank you - EA's idea to make motorcycle parking spaces take up as much space as a car was always a mystery to me (especially what with being a biker myself - one of the biggest advantages I've always found of using a bike is how LITTLE space you need to park)!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 2:24 PM
Thanks! :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 6:08 PM
Yes, this is really a very useful spacesaver.
Thx
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#13 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 5:23 AM
Nice. Thanks.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#14 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 9:44 AM
super thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 11:19 PM
That's awesome, thank you!! Really needed one of these!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 7:29 PM
this is great, now I don't have to waste so much space just trying to park my motorcycles thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 2:03 AM
Great Idea Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 4:54 AM
thank you. now my driveway or garage can house both the car and motorcycle at the same time.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 9:50 PM
Thank you so much for this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 6:23 PM
Thank you :D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#21 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 6:35 PM
It's about time!
Thanx!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 2:53 AM Last edited by StPatrick : 13th Aug 2012 at 4:25 AM.
Well, as cool as this is, I must report a problem: even though I have multiple of these next to each other (as per the instructions in the description), cars still use them, overlapping and clipping through each other in the adjacent spaces. I haven't tried surrounding them with fences, but I will do so now.

UPDATE: No dice with the fences. Cars still park there.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 10:10 PM
Sweeet!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 5:21 PM
Awesome mod
Could you (or someone) tell me where I can get the black motorbike shown in the image?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 11th May 2013 at 11:35 AM
thank for this I consider this a must have :D

Shame there is not many Motorbikes in the game
Page 1 of 2