Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2012 at 1:46 AM
Default Having an affair and not getting caught
Hiya

I was wondering if there's a way to cheat without getting caught? My sims partners ALWAYS find out! It kind of takes the fun out of it I think.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd May 2012 at 2:20 AM
I think it's mainly avoiding Sim ESP which involves dates and woo-hooing. If the spouse is anywhere on the lot if a date is initiated or woo-hoo is going on, they'll know about it. I'm not sure, but I think they'll ignore any other romantic interactions as long as they're not in the room. Be careful with children, too, they'll cry and tattle if they see their parents cheating. I think perhaps seeing their spouse spooning in bed with someone else or viewing date rewards will set them off, too.

If you're dating several townies, I'd be careful hanging around community lots because they can show up at any time. I've heard of the gossip feature being able to inform cheating as well, but I've never seen that in my game. You just have to be reaall sneaky... That's part of the fun of it to me, though I don't play many Romance Sims.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2012 at 2:47 AM
Simple solution - get ACR and the Romance mod. That way, Romance sims won't be frikkin' hypocrites, and there'll be room for polyamorous relationships.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 22nd May 2012 at 3:04 AM
I have one romance sim who is engaged, but still is constantly going on one-time dates with other townies. I think that's the thing- they need to be one-time flings. Maybe not even a date (for lack of reward), just a quick woohoo while spousy is at work. Sims can meet their lover's other lover without a blowup so long as their SO keeps their hands off the other lover. (Although in that particular family, when Ricky (the cheater) invited one of his other lovers (Sandy) over and promptly fell asleep, Hun Si (Ricky's fiance) went out to greet her and got an option to buy her out for $50.)

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd May 2012 at 3:05 AM
Just be really careful. Ashley Pitts-Upsnott hasn't been caught by his wife or child...yet...and he's had several extracurricular flings; ditto Billy Ghote, though he hasn't actually fooled around on his wife since the kid was born.

Romance sims need partners who are at work when the Romance sim isn't, and either nannies or kids in school. You go out, do your extracurriculars almost entirely on community lots, and if it's your partner's work hours you're a lot less likely to get caught. Don't for pity's sake bring your date home - that's just asking for it. If dating a playable, play it from the other side and do at-home lots with that one (assuming you're not both married).

As for being caught with one lover while with another lover - eh, who cares? You get some really spectacular drama that way.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 22nd May 2012 at 4:29 AM
I know you are asking if there is a cheat and so forth. I was getting sick and tired of my Sims getting caught as well, and getting slapped because of it. Heck, I needed a hack that would allow no jealousy at all. So, that way if they did manage to see my Sim in action they would be like whatever. So, I'll give you a hack that may work, not sure if its what you are looking for, but yeah.

No Jeaously At All Hack <--- I love it, because no my Sims can flirt in front of their lovers, and no one gets out of shape...

MUAHAHA

I hope that this works for you, or is at least what you are looking for :D

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd May 2012 at 9:06 AM
Why wouldn't you want your sim to get caught? That's half the fun.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd May 2012 at 12:52 PM
Getting 'caught' by the partner is only half the fun. The other half comes when the relationship is affected by it. Just like in real life, nobody likes being lied to, or cheated on. Why should sims be any different?
It's called realism, and it does create some helluva storylines. Sometimes space is needed for the two to get back together, or perhaps it wasn't meant to last anyway.
Especially if there's a major 'three bolt' attraction going on. Can't stop the course of true love, can we?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd May 2012 at 1:20 PM
I play all sorts of families, from ones where WooHoo means TFB to out-and-out polyamorous communes... So, I generally use Smonaff's potions plus jealousy hack to fine-tune what each couple is ready to let each other to get away with. It mostly works.
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd May 2012 at 1:32 PM
I think there's a hack for it.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 22nd May 2012 at 1:37 PM
You can also set ACR with different levels of jealousy for different couples, if you're willing to install such a complex mod.

It's true that the Drama doesn't hit the fan till the caught-cheating event, but anything that happens repeatedly is boring. Having your sim make a good-faith effort to misbehave without getting caught is suspenseful, and therefore fun. Ashley, who is a casual and opportunistic Romancer, has managed not to get caught. My Mr. Big, who stumbled into an affair with the Diva because he got bored and restless staying home while his workaholic wife pursued her career, and has been caught by her relatives more times than he's actually woohooed with her, but his wife and daughter are still officially in ignorance. (But his wife knows. If you saw the way she sought out the Diva to tell her all the details of their romantic vacation, you'd say so, too!) Billy Ghote, who I've played as a deliberate shortsighted sleazebag, married a woman with four children by a previous marriage and not one of them has caught him on a side date yet, though several have viewed suspicious behavior and all of them are certain he's been using her. But Clovis and Sadie Point, who are determined to make their marriage work, keep running into old lovers and absentmindedly (i.e. autonomously) flirting with them in front of the other! And so on.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd May 2012 at 1:52 PM
I seem to remember reading somewhere that if you lock the cheater with their lover in a room with no windows or doors (you have to take out the doors not just lock them or the spouse will just barge in anyway) They can do whatever they like without getting caught. Its been a while but I also seem to remember it working and even had a sim cheat on their spouse at a party with one of their family friends (who's spouse was also there) and no one was the wiser. But I haven't done it in quite some time mainly because I enjoy the "danger" of the cheater maybe getting caught. I have had some close calls when a spouse can home while the lover was still there, there was nothing romantic going on but the lover was in their underwear, I imagine their conversations going something like this. "Dear, what is Sarah doing here?" "She dropped by for a cup of sugar to make brownies for her niece." "Why is she in her underwear?" "Darling that's her bathing suit she was on her way back from the pool, some deviant stole her clothes so she couldn't change." I don't use Jealousy mods (except with my Medieval vampire family, Bartholomew has three wives) I pretty much say if a sim wants to cheat they have to deal with the consequences if they get caught maybe the couple will fight for a while and then the cheater will learn from their mistakes (sort of) and they spouse will forgive them and they will have a better marriage. If you do have a sim that wants to cheat the easiest way is to cheat while the spouse is at work, but be careful of chance cards you don't want the spouse to lose their job from the wrong choice of a chance card and come home early. (Thats what happened to Daniel Pleasant, now he is 6 feet under)

Frankly my dear I'd rather be playing sims :P
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 22nd May 2012 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dodoodle
I think there's a hack for it.

There's a hack for everything.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 22nd May 2012 at 6:50 PM
I get my Sim a business (not home based) and put in a hot tub. He/she doesn't have flings with family friends, just customers mostly to keep it away from the home and just as soon as they have done the dirty then I have them call the person after midnight so that they don't become stalkers who would bother them at home.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 22nd May 2012 at 7:07 PM
Oh..Like never have a Woohooing moment in a hot tub while downtown. And here is why:

My Sim...Tegan was hooking up with Samantha (Townie) and they told everyone to get out of the hot tub (Tegan's mother was there) and you know woohooing in front of your parents is just wrong. But for some god awful reason, Tegan's mom was cheering her on or approving it. It wasn't until Mrs. Crumplebottom came onto the lot, I realized that woohooing in a hot tub isn't going to give you an Oscar for best performance. Because she lectured Tegan until she left the lot, literally. She kept following Tegan everyone on the lot, to lecture her, over and over again. So, Tegan finally left the lot. Yup, so yeah, no hot tub woohoo UNLESS Mrs. Crumplebottom isn't there. Mhm

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Mad Poster
#16 Old 22nd May 2012 at 7:16 PM
Actually it's the swimsuits Mrs. Crumplebottom objects to as much as the woohooing. She'll even lecture little kids (and make them cry!) if they're wearing swimsuits. My sims do what they're going to do in defiance of the Crumplebottom Brigade. (She's really a disguise donned by a prude terrorism group; that's why she appears to be immortal.)

Field Researcher
#17 Old 22nd May 2012 at 7:36 PM
I have made sims cheat on their spouse while the spouse was sleeping and they didn't find out. I don't have acr in my game though, so I don't know if that changes if you have it.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 22nd May 2012 at 7:47 PM
Personally, I play with Pescado's romance mod. It makes the jealousy ever-so-much more realistic.

Romance Sims pretty much have a laissez-faire attitude with it installed.

"Oh, my husband's screwing the maid? 'Kay, I'm just going to go snog every single mailman in the world."

Of course, if anyone tries to pursue a Family Sim, they're pretty much screwed.
Scholar
#19 Old 22nd May 2012 at 8:52 PM
Ive never ever had my sims cheat...maybe thats why i get bored so easily. I just cant bring myself to do it lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 22nd May 2012 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by labellavienna
Ive never ever had my sims cheat...maybe thats why i get bored so easily. I just cant bring myself to do it lol.

I was the same way. But then I dunno what happened, but now I do have a Romance Sim, and sometimes a Pleasure Sim, and sometimes that Sim (Pleasure) wants to have 50 Dream Dates. So, yeah, that makes it very interesting actually. In fact my Sim Spencer is crushing on seven Sims, and is in love with one. And one Sim really wants to be with Spencer, but Spencer doesn't like her. So hence why Melissa Fancy follows Spencer when she sees her. And usually in front of Melissa, a girl that is crushing on Spencer rubs it in Melissa's face that her and Spencer are liking each other.

Yup, lovely ways to show off their love or "crushing ways". I just couldn't believe the Countess was flirting hardcore and kissing Spencer right in front of Melissa, then when Melissa found her way to the 50's Diner, she encountered Spencer and Ratna (Have no clue why EA makes people have the weirdest names.) Flirting and dancing together, so Melissa tried to get Spencer's attention, but Spencer was too busy dancing with Ratna. So yeah. Poor Melissa, she wants Spencer so bad, but Spencer is like no thank you.

EDIT: Hence why I have the no jealousy at all hack. Because dear god, Spencer would be slapped every second.

Alchemist
#21 Old 22nd May 2012 at 9:33 PM Last edited by omglo : 22nd May 2012 at 10:12 PM.
I don't think there's a way to guarantee the sim never gets caught. I had relationships unravel when uncontrollable Sims did poorly timed romantic interactions while they were on a community lot or in a welcome wagon. Once I got BV, I put a hotel in my main hood and my non monogamous sims sometimes slip off there for a few hours.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 22nd May 2012 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
There's a hack for everything.

Except to remove invisible "[sim] became creature" memories, which inevitably lead to loads of wants or fears relating to becoming or curing various creature states. Damn I wish that they hadn't made the witch-state curable. Why couldn't they make it like becoming a zombie, where once the deed was done, the game considered it permanent?
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th May 2012 at 3:03 AM Last edited by Dizzy-noodles : 24th May 2012 at 3:15 AM.
Hiya everyone

Thanks for all the replies! I haven't had any sims woo-hoo behind their partners backs, but one did make out with a vampire while her husband was asleep upstairs, and I wondered how he found out! I did wonder if it was gossip but maybe it was one of the kids!

I have heard of ACR before, but am not sure if I want it, I want some of my sims to stay faithful.

Oh I had 'buy sim out' come up once and wasn't sure what it was for. I'll try the one-time thing idea.

I do want the drama eventually, I just want a bit of sneaking around first! I like your stories, my sims don't have any ex's, I keep making them marry their first loves! I know it's a bit boring, I just can't stand it when they split up!

I know what you mean about true love, my sim Flossy only met Blake once, and he kept ringing her all the time, then when she went round to see him, they practically threw themselves at each other!

What are Smonaff's potions? And sorry for being thick, but what does TFB mean?

kittcat92-Haha I love your 'excuse' it made me laugh!

Thanks, I don't have OFB though.

What does the romance mod do? Is it on MATY?

Thanks again everyone!

PS Poor Melissa! If she was mine, I'd adjust Spencer with the ReNuYuSensuOrb until he really fancied her! But I'm soppy!
Mad Poster
#24 Old 24th May 2012 at 3:56 AM
I believe (I don't use it) that you can set faithfulness differently with different sims with ACR. This is actually one reason I don't sue it. It's so wonderful when a sim decides on his or her own to be faithful even when I'm trying to set him up with someone else, and I feel like ACR would give me too much control. I like my sims to develop their personalities independent of me, so I don't mess with the base character codes.

However, I love it when other people come on here and tell their ACR stories, especially when they forgot to adjust their settings. And there are certain gameplay scenarios - asylums and BACC, for instance - that ACR appears to be perfect for.

Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 24th May 2012 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dizzy-noodles
PS Poor Melissa! If she was mine, I'd adjust Spencer with the ReNuYuSensuOrb until he really fancied her! But I'm soppy!

Spencer is a girl, I ended up getting the name from my like favorite show Pretty Little Liars Her sister's name is Aria ^.^ And I would. But Spencer is fun as she is...Even if she is like...Miss Slutty Pants, and can't stick with one person. BUT eventually she will come to terms that her heart belongs to Dina, and end her flings.

And I really do not know why Spencer doesn't like Melissa. But dang, she follows her EVERYWHERE. I went to the Art Museum and she was there. I was like:

"Okay I will go somewhere else."

Went to Cold Issue Clothing, and Melissa was there. It sort of got freaky o.O

As for the potions, you can find them here:

Le Potions <---

Basically there are different kinds of potions, included one that is anti-jealousy potion. But all potions you will have to call the "Match Maker" or the gypsy, and buy them. But I thought I had read that the anti-jealousy potion can wear off, but I could be wrong, hehe. Nightlife is required.

I use the no jealousy, because there is no jealousy at all, and usually if your lover, partner or spouse catches you. If they are outgoing Sims they will immediately approve it

Hope this helps ^.^

Locked thread | Locked by: joandsarah77 Reason: Old thread
Page 1 of 2