Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 25th May 2012 at 6:38 AM Last edited by revit : 25th May 2012 at 6:49 AM.
Natsume.. they are good at simulation game, like Harvest moon and Metropolismania.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 25th May 2012 at 6:50 AM Last edited by Alijah : 25th May 2012 at 7:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Simsica
Imagine Sims living in a hood like Anvil. Ooookay... Now I'm thinking about getting SC4 and building the map myself. Unless someone knows about an already existing Anvil SC4 map? Please? Pretty please, with a cherry on top?

I would download that in a heartbeat! If I were better at building, I would try to remake some of the houses. And I would make a Martin sim so my simmie could fall in love with him because he was so amazing <3

I also really really loved the Imperial City, even that tiny shack. It seemed fitting for my character who was dressed in rags for the first bit of the game.

I love Harvest Moon so much, but I have found that it's really easy to replicate most of that game play in the sims. I've even created a challenge based on Harvest Moon and I've got a farmer sim now trying to build up her farm in 3 years.

Edit: Also, agree wholeheartedly on Skingrad. It was a cool looking house and I really did love the city, but it was not homey at all. Next to Anvil, Bruma was my second favorite. I loved the cozy little log cabin feel to it, nestled up in the mountains. But once I finished that Mage's Guild quest... you know the one Bruma was too sad after that!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#28 Old 26th May 2012 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
Valve taking it over would have it more task-based (more TS2 than TS3 with wants and fears and goals), with shinier, less cartoonish graphics, but still with the same dark humour we know and love and expect.

I'm suprised no one's mentioned this, but:

If Value had made The Sims, there would be no TS3....since, you know, "Valve can't count to three" as they say.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Mad Poster
#29 Old 26th May 2012 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
I'm suprised no one's mentioned this, but:

If Value had made The Sims, there would be no TS3....since, you know, "Valve can't count to three" as they say.

Well, for some (cough me cough) that would prove a good thing. But then again, there's already news on TS4 (cough knows somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody cough) so I will reserve an opinion on that statement until 2014.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gazelove
If another company created The Sims...What would it be like?

Banned
#31 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 3:39 PM
LOLWUT

Sims Minecraft, now there's food for thought.

If Sims 2 had been made the makers of EVE Online, Sims would be not only travelling in space, they'd be swindling each other blind and cratering each others' homes over the pettiest of differences.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#32 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 5:56 PM
Is that Edwin in your party SimSample? I'm surprised you could keep him there with Jaheira, Minsc and Khalid.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#33 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 2:43 AM
Bethesda! I just played Skyrim for about 5 hours, so they're the only people I can think of. That and VALVe. They'd... make it a FPS. xD
Theorist
#34 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 1:26 PM
Well, at least they wouldn't come up with an idea to overwrite the entire game's codes on the day of the game launch, and then shift the game to the stores six months after the day they said the game would've originally come out. Oh EAxis.

~DJ.
Banned
#35 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 6:55 PM
I think it would be better if it was from an Alternative History where EA never bought Maxis.
Site Helper
#36 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MattShizzle
I think it would be better if it was from an Alternative History where EA never bought Maxis.
From what I've read about Maxis and EA, if EA had never bought Maxis then the Sims would never have shipped. Maxis wasn't willing to put any resources into it and it was going nowhere until EA bought Maxis and decided to put some money into the Sims.

Information from various histories, including:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_W...ame_designer%29
Banned
#37 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 10:07 PM
Didn't know that. I just figured without EA and the way it does things there wouldn't be so many bugs and they probably never would have added Sony's trojan/malware known as SecuROM..
Site Helper
#38 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 11:59 PM
The Maxis attitude towards the Sims was "Doll houses were for girls, and girls didn’t play video games."
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 12:38 AM
Whoa. How wrong can you be?
Mad Poster
#40 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 12:45 AM
Deffo. I remember seeing a thing a long time ago about how TS2 was supposed to be . . . and then it was completely changed. They did an MTV2 Video Mod for it (which is a machinima music video on TV) and it looks . . . different. But then again I heard a rumour on a couple of other forums that I used to frequent that something happened, maybe a fire, maybe a server crash, nobody knows, and they lost a huge chunk of information and had to redo a lot of stuff and take out some as well. I have no idea if this is true or not, but I can't find an article on it. There was one at the time, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

This is the music video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXyK5s7Fc1A

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Banned
#41 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 3:07 AM
From that link - I'm not trying to date myself but I HAD that game "Raid on Bungeling Bay" back in the day on my Commodore 64. I later had the original "Sim CIty" for it.
Theorist
#42 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
Deffo. I remember seeing a thing a long time ago about how TS2 was supposed to be . . . and then it was completely changed. They did an MTV2 Video Mod for it (which is a machinima music video on TV) and it looks . . . different. But then again I heard a rumour on a couple of other forums that I used to frequent that something happened, maybe a fire, maybe a server crash, nobody knows, and they lost a huge chunk of information and had to redo a lot of stuff and take out some as well. I have no idea if this is true or not, but I can't find an article on it. There was one at the time, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

This is the music video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXyK5s7Fc1A

And here's the complete overview of The Sims 2 Beta.

The Sims 2 Beta Gameplay, The Sims 2 Beta Leaked Footage

And I don't think a fire came up at Maxis'. I believe a new game came up before The Sims 2 with very nice concept and graphics, and they were very jelaous. So they decided to overwrite the entire game codes. If you want, you can read my entire "novel" I wrote to explain what they forgot to fix and repair, and fix and tweak, and ... yeah.

~DJ.
Instructor
#43 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 12:50 PM
Will Wright has always been good to his daughter.. Would he create a tactical domestic simulator (dollhouse) for her, and not share for the rest of us?

While playing Sim City 2000, world news gave me an idea for a dangerous city. It was also a challenge we might see in many first person shooter games. Sims 3, Bosnia adventures. Dodge snipers to get your mail and bills. Face mines and grenades on your way to work. There's a tank blocking your path to the hospital,so what will your wife do now? Hear a boom this morning and your neighbor's house is a pile of trash. It woud be made by Firaxis, I imagine. hmm. Civilization 5, the simulated village. One quote to my sims "Three words, increase your medication."
Forum Resident
#44 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 2:27 PM
lol, Simsample pic!

If Mabinogi Nexon made Sims2:
No Sim could go into homes the houses just for look pretty.
You be charged monthly fee for each Sim to put extra clothes in dresser; which is now a tiny purse you carry around that holds only one outfit.
You would have hundreds of pets but you would have to pay $5.00 - $25.00 to Nexon for each.

If Square Enix FFXI made Sims2:
There would be no money cheats at all and no way to make game money.
Orcs would eat your children but you would look damn sexy while they do it.
There would be cat women but no cat men so all girls would quit game.

Let's see, what else game have I played? DDO.

If Turbine Dungeons & Dragons Online made Sims2:
Nothing to level up but rogue skills and you have to sneak around own house so goblins don't eat your face off. No time to have children to busy running for your life. Slimes pop out of the walls and everywhere and get you anyway. You stand around in streets crying out for other sims to help you clean house of monsters. When you finally get strong Sims to help you, all go in and get eaten by a Beholder.

That about sum it up.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 2:31 AM
The Simsdere simulator 2
Theorist
#46 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 3:00 AM Last edited by CaliBrat : 17th Dec 2016 at 3:28 AM.
@GabyPurpleB .. bein as you're fairly new around here ..(though I think this goes for most forums) .. it's generally frowned upon to post in a thread that is old UNLESS you have somethin of value to add to the continuation of the thread. You may not of noticed when you replied to this thread that it is roughly 4 1/2 years old.

Come join us in the active threads as there is always room for new people
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#47 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 3:07 AM

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#48 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 3:12 PM
@simsample
Ok.. so is that version of Sims an FPS? And is the player shooting at his grandfather?

Either way... I want to play it now!
Mad Poster
#49 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 5:17 PM
Even though this thread is years old, I must say I approve heartily of the screenshot @simsample posted up there.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 2 of 3