Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Woodland Timbres (Few EPs - No CC to CC Loaded)

by StephSim Posted 11th Mar 2012 at 3:15 PM - Updated 24th Mar 2012 at 4:24 PM by StephSim

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 8:26 PM
Absolutely love it! I'm stocking up on Sims houses for my new series, and this looks great. ^^ Now just to see how well filming can work here..
Field Researcher
#3 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 8:47 PM
Ahhh Steph!...You're makin it worse!!!
I already want to go back modern, and this is just the 'icing on the cake'!
It's absolutely gorgeous!!!!!
Now I understand TOTALLY why you've been so quiet lately!

With just a couple tweaks, I can see this beautiful cabin as a lodge in the mountains, too!

Well Done my friend!!! Thank you!

Ohhh! And congratulations on your 100th lot!!!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 10:00 PM
Wow, that living room is absolutely stunning! THANK YOU! :D
Theorist
#5 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 11:01 PM
Steph hunny, congratulations on your 100th upload, this is awesome, your attention to detail always amazes me. I see your lots and think, I must go into retirement. Thank you, thank you, thank you, I love it. :lovestruc

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 1:00 AM Last edited by Aserette : 16th Dec 2013 at 12:15 AM.
I really love this lot... and I would download it if only there wasn't so much CC.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 3:45 AM Last edited by StephSim : 24th Mar 2012 at 4:27 PM.
Thank you everyone.

Amy, I think lots this size are quite ideal for movie making, especially for romantic scenes, house parties or social scenes that require several home based settings! I hope it works for you.

Jeannie, I appreciate your positive energy! I giggle about the 100th lot upload. It was secrets321 who pointed it out to me. But, with so many of my uploads having several lots, its probably more like my 250th lot upload! But, it's all good. Although, I must ban you from doing nothing more than downloading the lot, taking a spin in it and storing it away. You've got medieval work to do woman!

Digital, I appreciate that observation. The request for a sunken living room was neat. It worked out better than expected (for I thought I would not be able to get light into the room. The decor in this one is mainly in the style of Maxis. But, I added a user created walls and floor and decorative items like throw pillows and maxis painting recolours. Basically, decorating around Maxis content! Thanks for the compliment.

Michelle,
Quote: Originally posted by Michelle
I see your lots and think, I must go into retirement.

I think not mi amiga! We will have none of that. Otherwise...you are most welcomed. I appreciate the love.

Aserette,
I'm sorry that the CC is too much for you. But, I do appreciate your taking the time to compliment the lot. That's just as good as a download for me. We shall see at the end of the week if a no CC or minimal CC with 10 or less objects is doable. No promises though. I'm a bit busy at the moment.

And one last comment...as I know the "Too Much CC" and "Lot too Big" bandwagons will follow if I don't snuff it out.

For those of you who prefer no CC and smaller lots, this lot is probably not for you. This lot was created as a request. As stated in the text to my thread:
I know that CC can be a major deal for many, but most of the CC I used are small decorative bits. The majority of the furnishings and objects in the game are indeed Maxis/EA. The CC should not cause lagging, but the size of the lot may cause lagging for a few of you with lower power computers. If you have trouble playing 5x5 lots in general, you may have trouble with this lot. Keep in mind the initial loading takes time on lots larger than 3x4 and that playing lots larger than 3x4 is not optimal for all PC/Laptop setups.

Other options...You could consider downloading the BUILD MODE only UNFURNISHED version and seeing how it plays for you. The CC in that version is mainly walls, floors, terrains and log cabin bits. Or if you prefer a NO CC log home or log cabin, I'll assist you with seeking one out amongst the many wonderful lots here on MTS. Click on the following link to begin your search:

For those of you who are brave enough to use the carefully selected, fully tested wallpapers, floors, properly packaged terrains, Maxis recolours and many small volume decorative objects... do enjoy the lot! I will consider adding a No CC version if time permits.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 4:26 AM
Very nice lot. I totally fell in love with your teen's bedroom and really like the mix of ultra modern equipment and log cabin setting. Congratulations about your 100th upload.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 6:50 AM Last edited by StephSim : 13th Mar 2012 at 10:37 PM.
Thanks billielith!

The teen bedroom was my favourite in the lot to decorate. The Maxis bed hidden beneath the Calalily floral bedding, the ATS bedpillows, Moune's pillows and the crystal bead curtains worked well with a few the walls from my Basic Wall Superset (which I was dying to play with a bit more). It's funny how combining things from different sets can create a better feeling of design harmony than using a complete set would at times.

The original request was for log cabin meets Ikea. I thought that would be a bit of fun to simulate! So credit for the idea is indeed attributed in large part to adriilikewhoa.

Thanks again for the compliments and the congrats, especially coming from a creator whose recolours I use from time to time in my lots!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 7:56 AM
I am not good at building houses like these, that are expansive and managed the needs of the sims well. I'm a lil worried about changing the text in the notecard, I wish you could explain more as to why that needs to be done? I like symmetry, and so I end up building the Clue game mansion. Which is ok, but it gets boring after a while. I look forward to using this in my game and having a family that can afford to live there without cheating!
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 3:57 PM
This is lovely. I wish my computer could handle this, but it's rubbish unfortunately!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#12 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 4:26 PM
StephSim! I watch for something from you everyday, and this is a great celebration of your painstaking work! I loved the slide show which showed us all the marvelous details, even down to the laundry detergent. I really love how you used some of the game paintings as color schemes for your bedrooms. I just can't say enough except that this is really a labor of love and work of art! I look forward to reading a glowing comment from "adriilikewhoa" because this house must surely be everything he or she dreamed of and more.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 9:49 PM Last edited by StephSim : 13th Mar 2012 at 2:12 PM.
Hi all!

Jasper
Thank you for the compliment. About the stairs, the first time you do something it can be a bit intimidating. The script is only for the stairs that match Jeka's log cabin set. If you are uncomfortable editing the stairs script file, I suggest leaving it be. It will simply mean that the stairs will be replaced with Maxis ones (if you can live with that). I've edited the text to assist with modifying the proper file, including backing the original up for future use. Give it a try, if you are comfortable doing so.

LadyAngel & Tricia,
How are you both? Sorry, I haven't been commenting lately. I'm just in the midst of too many projects. I do get around to downloading and thanking your creations when they are on page one of the lot uploads. But, things have been a little busy in RL and other Sim projects. I'll become a lot stalker again soon...

Anywho...
LadyAngel, Sorry about your computer. I think I will add a NO CC Version that requires BV a little later this week. To get rid of the texture recolors (except terrains) and the build mode recolors, I must use BV. Although, if the computer can't handle the unfurnished version of this lot, I'm not sure it will handle the 5x5 aspect either.

I don't think people realize that the CC limits are also about the type of CC (especially intense CC), the drain intense CC has on the computer, as well as the lot size when it is over 3x4. The decorated version of this lot doesn't include more than a couple of non-maxis furniture items. But it does include a multitude of decorative accents like pillows, pictures and Maxis recolours for the most part. Hmmm...So, I shall create a No CC version and test all 3 against one another. Hopefully, the No CC version will be one I don't mind sharing with the masses! Although there are at least 10 items I insist upon using for this lot to be called a log home. We shall see how it goes! There may just be a No CC/Little CC Version Just Yet!

Tricia,
Adriilikewhoa got the MEGA CC version. Although, I suspect adriilikewhoa is very busy prepping for parenthood at the moment! But...that's funny what you said about the laundry detergent. Yeah. The slideshows are the wave of the future (as if people haven't been using them for eons). Thank you tremendously for the compliments. I truly appreciate your feedback. BTW, watching you create lots is seeing growth in progress with each upload. They only get better with time.

Again, thanks everyone. For those who could download the lot, do enjoy.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 6:30 PM
Hi what things do you download to have the buildings in your game? I am very sorry if i sound stupid I am very new to MTS2 and downloading things if you could reply back that would be great! Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 9:33 PM Last edited by StephSim : 13th Mar 2012 at 10:30 PM.
Hi Toon123 ,

I know this can be overwhelming, but before you start downloading and installing lots and objects, I suggest taking a bit of time to "get to know MTS". When you are new, there is a LOT of reading to do. Before downloading anything, you should explore the site. The Downloads will be there when you are done. Figure out where things are. Familiarize yourself with the different types of downloads. After exploring the site, you will have a better idea of how it works and where to go for help.

Normally, I would suggest clicking on the "Install Instructions" Tab on the download you are viewing. Install instructions are there. Since everything at MTS is not up-to-date (7zip info is missing) about installing custom content (specifically lots in your case), I have sent you a somewhat detailed PM about how to install this lot. Hopefully it will be helpful and get you started. You should also be able to use it for future LOT downloads.

Also, another good idea is to click on the "Installation Tab", scroll down to the bottom and read through the following link just for general information:
Downloading For Fracking Idiots
(No Insult Intended. Just the name of the file...using a Battlestar Galactica reference)

Between the PM, exploring the site and reading the above link...I hope you can figure out how to install your lots and how MTS works. Good luck and happy Simming!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 4:26 AM
First let me say, I love the house, it is of a fantastic design and I have not yet needed to change the floorplan at all.
But, you have used A LOT of hidden tricks, which my setup didn't like, so it rendered art objects all over the property. After removing all of these items, I had reduced the price by like 40k! I have all the EP's and stuff packs, I have the latest CEP running, so unless you forgot to include some things in this package, I dunno why there were so many!
There were stone urns piled on top of each other, bowls of fruit, wall hanging on the outside, these weird all white frames, I found a baby bottle and a zillion light switches. It took me two hours to clean it all out! There were so many lamps in every room, I was terrified at what the electric bill was gonna be like lol

I would strongly suggest making a 3rd version of this house, without the invisible objects.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 7:09 PM Last edited by StephSim : 14th Mar 2012 at 7:31 PM.
Jasper,
I sympathise with your having to remove the objects.

It sounds as though you chose to load the furnished lot without CC. When you do that, you will have to clean it up significantly. By choosing to do that, you get whatever Maxis throws at you. As stated, I use OMSPs to place things. This is common. They usually turn into tables. I also used the mini light for the theatre and in dark spaces that have no light. I have no idea what it was cloned from, but surely it was a ceiling light. I use invisible windows for the same thing. In addition, whatever an object was created from, it will revert back to that and I have absolutely no control over that aspect. Most of what you had to remove where objects reverting back to what they were cloned from is all. Most deco CC is cloned from paintings, urns, or furniture even. This is to be expected. You must truly take it with a grain of salt if you want the lot of this size without the CC and decide to clean it out yourself.

BTW - since this is a dream home, I don't worry about price. Your Simmies will have to be able to afford it if you play without cheating. Basically, this is indeed a luxury home and such things as the cost of electricity are nonthoughts for many a wealthy Sims. "Oh, pishposh. The electric bill is what it is. Pay the man!" I'm not a cheat purest. Because this is a game and much is in fantasy, it is fun to create homes for the filthy rich who don't worry about the cost of things from time to time, give them millions of simoleons and let them enjoy the good life. In reality, there will be homes that average people cannot afford in their lifetime. This is one such home. Which is why I love Simming. I create a wealthy Sim family and this home would be one option for them.

As I already said, "If" and "when" I share another version it will be a NO CC or limited CC version, which means it will have only what I feel is necessary for the log home impact (if any CC at all). At the most a handful of things to get rid of.

After all your work (which may have been for naught if you waited a few more days), I hope you have made the lot your own.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Theorist
#18 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StephSim
As I already said, "If" and "when" I share another version it will be a NO CC or limited CC version, which means it will have only what I feel is necessary for the log home impact (if any CC at all). At the most a handful of things to get rid of.
I'm amazed at your patience and diligence, but I love you for it! :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 11:15 PM Last edited by StephSim : 22nd Mar 2012 at 7:01 PM.
:lovestruc Husbands are so wonderful and quite useful!

UPDATED
Saturday, March 17, 2012: New Version Added
(Bon Voyage, NO Custom Content and FURNISHED)

~*~Stephanie~*~
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 7:10 AM
Hi,
First of all I love this house I love the idea of making a large home for the wealthy. If I can recommend something for a possible future upload it would be a slightly smaller sized version of this house. Although I like almost everything about this house, I just think it is a bit too large for my likings. Great work with this one! Thanks
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 3:25 PM Last edited by StephSim : 24th Mar 2012 at 4:18 PM.
Glad you like the house cameron.

As it was a request, I catered to the size of the requester. This upload is not the original version and was significantly altered 3 times to make it available to more downloaders. With that said, there will be no future versions of this lot. Besides, we know what happens when you "give a mouse a cookie" (this thread being case in point). There will be no more glasses of milk for this one (as the milk is starting to go past it's expiration date and the medieval world beckons). At any rate, enjoy the cookie...I mean lot.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Inventor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 7:05 AM
Stunning! You make such cosy houses, but they're always so magnificent and original and full of effort.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 10:41 PM
Thank you Saturnfly. I appreciate you taking time from your own creations to comment.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 8:48 AM
I wasn't expecting this! ;O

Steph, I have to say this is just AMAZING! More then amazing. Keep up the good work.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 3:10 AM
Thanks RS2. Enjoy the lot!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Page 1 of 2