Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sunset Valley.world with Routing Fixes applied [update 2013.01.17]

by ellacharmed Posted 11th Aug 2011 at 5:56 PM - Updated 6th Dec 2013 at 4:36 AM by ellacharmed : Terrain bleed fix

87 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 6:48 AM
Would just like to note, that since the EADM has been changed to Orgin, some of my program files are under that instead of EA. Freaked out a little, looked like my program files were missing. : P Anyfro, thanks for doing this! Yay!! No more lagging will be awesomeness!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 6:49 PM
Works OK, but it didn't fix the problem with placing empty lots. Often when I try to delete empty lot and put other on this place, it's hard to do. I get info that I can't put lot on another lot, or that I can't put a lot on non-routeable place. I had this before changing world file, I only hoped this fix will help. Anybody knows why it happens?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 5:36 PM
will this still work okay, if I've gutted Sunset Valley and replaced most of the buildings? I've been getting lag ever since installing Generations.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 5:58 PM
@texasredclay,
thanks for that tip. I have to remember to include Origins and Steam info in the wikis, I guess. Mostly that this is meant for the retail versions, as you noted the paths are different.

@anie_1981,
it wasn't ever meant to fix "the problem with placing empty lots". Nothing in my post claimed that. Removing just the building won't clear the whole Lot. Have you tried the Building subforum under Create? Someone there may have already asked and gotten responses on the proper way to go about doing this editing... Good Luck!

@lizbethbear,
if your gutted Sunset Valley is based on the default Sunset Valley world, then yes.
If it is based on a player-modified, downloaded, and installed Sims3Pack version, then no.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 10:03 PM
I know it wasn't created to fix placing empty lots, I was only hoping it will And I know, that clearing the building doesn't clear whole lot. I wouldn't try to place one lot another
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 7:02 AM
Bear with me --I'm new to Sims3 and haven't 'simmed' at all for 2 or 3 years (since Sims2). This looks like exactly what I've been looking for, Ella...BUT....I'm not sure exactly where to put all these files --even after reading all the resources you linked to. I keep going around in circles from one tidbit of info here to another there. I have downloaded the 7 rar files as well as your 'MTS_ellacharm3d_1221596_SunsetValleyFixedRouting.zip' -- Do I need all 8 files to fix this world? Will I need to use SimPE for anything? Thanks for helping out.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 3:02 AM
The 3 solutions talked about in the wiki are mutually exclusive, ie you choose and do one only. (Except, if you choose solution #1 then you need the files in solution #2, as well). So, if you choose #2, you can ignore the rest and same with choosing #3, you don't need to do the others.)

If you want the world file(s) with the fixes pre-applied, download just the multi-part files from the world threads. And you no longer need to do the "Edit in s3pe" step yourself. So you no longer need the "*FixedRouting.zip" file, nor messing about with s3pe, as that has been done for you.
Test Subject
#9 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 10:11 AM
Thanks for clearing that up --and for doing all that work! You must have tons of patience!
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 10:57 PM
hello ellacharm3d. I was hoping to find some information about the new Hidden Springs routing issues. I am currently playing a family in Hidden Springs and its freezing/lagging like hell What should I do?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 4:35 PM
Read up on the "DIY in CAW" section and try fixing it yourself, if you're in a hurry? If you need assistance or have questions, post in the CAW section of the forums. Lots of great folks who can help over there. And I pop in when I know how to answer the questions.

I kinda like to finish working on the default worlds before I tackle the Store ones, so they won't be started anytime soon. I've still got 3 WA worlds to redo, while still being unsatisfied with Bridgeport and still tweaking that one to death.
If the WA ones frustrate me too much, than I'll cool off my heels with the Store ones eventually.
And...there's the new EP in a couple of weeks, so fingers crossed worlds are left untouched as always.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 12:54 PM
Does this work okay with the 1.26 patch? I don't *think* any of these worlds would have been changed but you never know...
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 6:51 PM
Aha! I was just testing if you lot are paying attention... Changelog updated.

*nods, yeah 'cos it's not that I forgot to do the copy+pasta
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 1:13 AM
Thank you so much for this, I am not ready to venture back into CAW (have no patience)! I do have one question: I have added a few houses to my sunset valley, so if I save those homes (not simpacks, my own designs), I will be able to place them into your "fixed version" of SV & my game saves would be ok?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 3:28 PM
@NagyGina, you can just load your current Saves and the fixes would still show up. Sorry, I missed the question, by the way, it didn't show up with a reply until I reviewed all my download threads today.
Test Subject
#16 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 9:51 PM
I hope I'm not missing something obvious here, but how do I actually combine the files into one .world file once I have downloaded them? I've placed the archives in thier own file and renamed them as instructed, but when I extract the second archive, it just tries to overwrite the first .world file.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 1:22 AM
@92abcdefgh, reread the instructions over again, please. You're supposed to rename the files, once you've downloaded them all.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 4:29 PM
So I installed your version of the town, but I have a saved game with the default version, is it safe to load that game with the new town? And which town will show up - the old one or the new one?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 5:50 AM
@RayPeterCarl, see post#15, same answer. Let me elaborate as well.

If your Saved games are started based on the default worlds from the Game Selection screen, then updating the .world files would still cause the Game to read the same world files (either newly created or loading from Saves), provided the updated versions are named the same and placed in the same paths. Thus why all the warnings about making BACKUPS!

And this question is why I took the time to take images of Original and Fixed versions, so you guys can see the difference...and to know if the fixed .world file is placed correctly or not.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 11:11 AM
This seems to be working fine with patch 1.19, if anybody besides me is still using this patch level..

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 4:22 PM
The game is so much faster now! Thank you so much for your fix!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 9:22 PM
Does the routing fixes, correct the routes for inside the houses as well or just the neighborhood(s)?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 5:39 AM
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
Neighborhood only.

Ah, okay.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 10:37 PM
The pictures in the: "What has been done?" are not showing up, tho with the 2 pictures in the top section i have more or less an idee what to look at. Gonna see what and how much this improves for me, ietherway thanks for making it.
Page 1 of 4